Class 92, By Accurascale

92010 arrived safely this afternoon, stunning detail and just a magnificent achievement in 1:76 scale. May I congratulate Accurascale once again for producing the highest quality models at the best prices and for their prompt and well packed delivery in time for Christmas, the rush to dispatch the latest batch must have been incredible. I am a collector who mainly displays models and I feel I must place the 92 and my two Accurascale Deltics apart from others to avoid comparisons! 50017 will be joining them next year.

Anyway, best wishes to you all at Accurascale and have a great (rest at!) Christmas and a happy and successful 2023. This year must have been a great ride! 

Sir W

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

So ordered my class 92 Ravel from rails when the price was £250 (prior to the price increase deadline set by Accurascale) however they have tried to charge me the higher price and denied there was a price change. Have cancelled order and has left a bitter taste.

I am not going mad they were £250 to start with then a price increase wasn’t there?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Presumably the honoured price is with Accurascale direct? 

Possibly but at no point did rails inform me of a price rise and up to last week the amount on my pre order showing as owed was £219

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have a solution for the pan head not sitting straight on the contact wire of OHLE. Unclip the pan head and there is a 'v' shaped projection on top of the upper pantograph arm, which is made from mazak. File the face of the 'v' nearest the centre of the locomotive a tad and replace the pan head. Job's a good'un. Perhaps a small tooling tweak is in order for the next batch. Edit: It also makes the pan head sit a little flatter with the pan down, to boot!

DSCF0712.JPG.52f567c349d8c4cae109672887740893.JPG

Edit: Details of where to file added. If you take too much off, then you can build the face up with superglue and once set, dress with a file again.

DSCF0713.JPG.d15f64d8a116021a3a0b4a1f12b2c499.JPGDSCF0714.JPG.e62dbd3914bb8b8a1d86f65916d0b4bd.JPG

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, TomScrut said:

That was the case with Accurascale direct orders, but I don't know about retailers.

Have spoke with rails who said the same although previously they have always notified me of a price increase and asked if I wanted to proceed but not on this occasion. Anyway there is a spare ravel should someone else want it!

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I have a solution for the pan head not sitting straight on the contact wire of OHLE. Unclip the pan head and there is a 'v' shaped projection on top of the upper pantograph arm, which is made from mazak. File the face of the 'v' nearest the centre of the locomotive a tad and replace the pan head. Job's a good'un. Perhaps a small tooling tweak is in order for the next batch. Edit: It also makes the pan head sit a little flatter with the pan down, to boot!).

DSCF0712.JPG.52f567c349d8c4cae109672887740893.JPG

Perhaps pics or a 'how to' might be in order here 👍

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Markwj said:

Have spoke with rails who said the same although previously they have always notified me of a price increase and asked if I wanted to proceed but not on this occasion. Anyway there is a spare ravel should someone else want it!

The models were offered to trade, after the increase in RRP (to cover both the additional cost of the pans, etc and a little trade margin). The only 'grandfathered' lower price was if you have ordered directly with us before Friday, March 19th, 2021

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 97406 said:

I have a solution for the pan head not sitting straight on the contact wire of OHLE.

I saw this too, I just didn't have the balls to have a go at it yet 😂

Good results though!

Mine has now been named for those who want a look:

20221223_190227.jpg.c55e171fbe71ba61ce54268cf07e0a0a.jpg20221223_190220.jpg.155219e31386252defd2771d61286324.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Markwj said:

This is a bit naff. I remember checking with Rails when I ordered Ravel that they would honour the £250 price which they confirmed they would. Now I see on my pre-order that as with you, the price has gone up, and more worryingly it states £0 deposit has been paid (which is also incorrect as I paid the £30 - there was no option to not pay a deposit!). I will try to dig out the email confirming the £250 price would be honoured.

EDIT: I have found said email, so when the invoice some through, I will be asking to pay the original price or I will cancel and request the deposit is refunded.

Edited by VXDH92
update
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, stratford 47 said:

Has anyone received their invoice or been charged for their rails order yet? I haven’t yet - I pre-ordered 92015 and I want to make sure I didn’t miss out!

Thanks in advance!

Rails took the balance for 92023 from my card today. I don't think they send invoices, they just charge the card the deposit was paid on. 

1 minute ago, Dicky L said:

Rails took the balance for 92023 from my card today. I don't think they send invoices, they just charge the card the deposit was paid on. 

Will watch out for this - I haven't had anything leave my bank account yet. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Markwj said:

So ordered my class 92 Ravel from rails when the price was £250 (prior to the price increase deadline set by Accurascale) however they have tried to charge me the higher price and denied there was a price change. Have cancelled order and has left a bitter taste.

I am not going mad they were £250 to start with then a price increase wasn’t there?

Rails did the same to me.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, stratford 47 said:

Has anyone received their invoice or been charged for their rails order yet? I haven’t yet - I pre-ordered 92015 and I want to make sure I didn’t miss out!

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Dicky L said:

5 hours ago, VXDH92 said:

Will watch out for this - I haven't had anything leave my bank account yet. Thanks.

5 hours ago, stratford 47 said:

Thanks as well! Will watch carefully when they reopen!

I actually phoned Rails a few weeks ago to ask the same question but in relation to the Accurascale 37610 Exclusive model. I initially phoned to update my card details and email address in anticipation of 37610 arriving with them from Accurascale in the new year. 

I initially paid the £30 deposit for 37610 as everyone else has had to. The member of staff confirmed that Rails will attempt to debit the balance from my bank of £140 when the model arrives into stock. I asked if I would receive an email with a link on to pay the balance of £140 and they said I wouldn’t and they would choose when they took my money directly from my bank account. So yes just to let everyone know make sure you have some money available in your account for Rails Of Sheffield Exclusive models and possibly other models that require a deposit then the balance to be paid at a later stage, as if there is no money available your order may not be processed and you risk missing out. It’s not an ideal operating system considering that money in our accounts could easily be swallowed up by direct debits etc, or if you have forgotten about any pre-orders you have and then consequently forgotten to ensure the money is available then money wouldn’t be in your account initially either. 

So the moral of the story is we need to keep track of our pre-orders, deposits paid, outstanding balances and ensure we have money available to be taken from our accounts. Pardon the pun, it wasn’t intentional but I’ll leave it because it fits quite nicely. 

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Perhaps pics or a 'how to' might be in order here 👍

Challenge accepted and pics added to the original post and here. Never used the macro mode on the camera before, but it has done the job!

If you take too much off, then you can build the face up with superglue and once set, dress with a file again

DSCF0714.JPG

DSCF0713.JPG

Edited by 97406
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

So reading the warning i take it that on DC the pantograph can be left clipped down,its just on DCC that it must be unclipped to prevent damage out of the box,just i will run them in on my rolling road over the Xmas as i have so much to test from last year.

If @Accurascale Fran or @McCcan confirm thats the case please.

Hi Eric,

This is correct, they are manual on DC so you can just leave them clipped in place.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, E100 said:

Did anyone get a blanking plug with their DCC sound loco? Just wondering as I normally do with most sound locos.

I didn't. I don't think I did with the Deltic either. Doesn't really bother me though as the decoder will be staying in the loco.

I want to offer Accurascale a massive slice of congratulation for their class 92.  The class 92 is way outside my zone of interest and to be honest, one of the few BR locos i never wanted to set foot on. However, after watching Dave's Dean Park review I am absolutely stunned at the quality and features. The signed card from the Accurascale team was a really nice and endearing touch, but other stuff such as the "defretted" name plates and plaques etc were also "a cut above". The animation built into the 92 really shows what can be done with a modern loco dow nto the lit cab panels.     

Absolutely well down to Accurascale, but also to Dave at Dean Park for the very balanced review.

Looking forward to my Manor, my Brush type 2 and being able to order a couple of GSYP "sixty niners".  Actually probably a GSYP and A GFYE.  And if Accurascale chose to do a BFYE Landore headlight version I would have one of them.  Come on Fran - time to announce phase IV of the class 37 series. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 hours ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

92010 arrived safely this afternoon, stunning detail and just a magnificent achievement in 1:76 scale. May I congratulate Accurascale once again for producing the highest quality models at the best prices and for their prompt and well packed delivery in time for Christmas, the rush to dispatch the latest batch must have been incredible. I am a collector who mainly displays models and I feel I must place the 92 and my two Accurascale Deltics apart from others to avoid comparisons! 50017 will be joining them next year.

Anyway, best wishes to you all at Accurascale and have a great (rest at!) Christmas and a happy and successful 2023. This year must have been a great ride! 

Sir W

Why not get a bit of Peco 009 “crazy track” and display a Bachmann Quarry Hunslet in front of it? My family is amazed that the two are the same scale.

• Funny 1