Class 92, By Accurascale

5 hours ago, scumcat said:

Sorry for putting this on an open forum but I wanted to see what I should be expecting before I contact accurascale. I have 92010 sound fitted. When running I am seeing no benefit from the internal power pack even without the sound on if I lift her from the track whilst running everything shuts off immediately even the lights, am I expecting too much,?

Are you using NCE Smart Booster SB3a?

As my two Deltics stay alive have never worked, but strangely they both work on my stand alone NCE Power Cab Program Track. AS reckon it’s down to the low voltage on the SB3a, I’ve just bought a DCC meter to get an accurate reading. Luckily my track is clean and doesn’t give me any issues but it would be nice to have it just in case.  

24 minutes ago, scumcat said:

Sorted this with the brilliant accurascale tech support. I have a prodigy advance2 that I don’t like so I resort back to my Hornby elite. At first the power pack didn’t work at all on either after checking the cv,s it now works on my prodigy but not my elite. The support think it’s the old technology of the elite and who am I to argue. I will probably carry on with the elite for now as I really don’t like the Gaugemaster system.

why don't you like it ? i've had a prodigy since 2005 and it's turned out to be the most enduring electrical thing i've ever owned 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, scumcat said:

Sorted this with the brilliant accurascale tech support. I have a prodigy advance2 that I don’t like so I resort back to my Hornby elite. At first the power pack didn’t work at all on either after checking the cv,s it now works on my prodigy but not my elite. The support think it’s the old technology of the elite and who am I to argue. I will probably carry on with the elite for now as I really don’t like the Gaugemaster system.

That's interesting, because I found it works on my NCE systems, with lights and sound remaining on when I transfer the loco from the programming track to the main lines, but when I ran it on DougN's layout, with a Digitrax system, the stay-alive didn't appear to be working at all.

9 hours ago, scumcat said:

I have the version with the illuminated screen you have to hold it at an unnatural angle to see it. I sent it back to Gaugemaster and they said it is operating properly. I also don’t like the shift button for higher number functions. I don’t like that function 2 is momentary, I have one sound loco. I have read that the dial for speed is unreliable and often breaks needing fixing. Mine hasn’t because it is virtually unused. And lastly my son has just turned 8 at Christmas and he finds it complicated. Plus it doesn’t make the tea:)

horses for courses I suppose

Fair enough . i do agree about the functions higher up .

I guess this is late 90s tech really now 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, retbsignalman said:

Good evening!

In the process of renumbering, adding detail and fitting a decoder this bit  has come adrift and I can't work out from where!

Would anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks 

Graeme 16730303170113154194452637247008.jpg.04c940b32dfc218528e42fe927535c1d.jpg

It clips in the underside of the main body. You should see a few small holes

43E2C18D-86E8-4DE0-B08B-B2FD8D41F2A6.jpeg

Edited by David K
Add photo
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

92015 arrived this morning from rails. I like the box! I noticed when I looked at the paperwork that this a Rails limited edition of 150, whereas 92022 I acquired earlier was an acccurascale limited edition of 450.

95D2E9A0-E430-44F3-83AE-2A69320A529D.jpeg

Edited by d46037
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 06/01/2023 at 18:42, retbsignalman said:

Good evening!

In the process of renumbering, adding detail and fitting a decoder this bit  has come adrift and I can't work out from where!

Would anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks 

Graeme 16730303170113154194452637247008.jpg.04c940b32dfc218528e42fe927535c1d.jpg

Nice looking renumber jobee.  What do you recommend then to remove the Numbers and Names?

On 07/01/2023 at 14:56, d46037 said:

92015 arrived this morning from rails. I like the box! I noticed when I looked at the paperwork that this a Rails limited edition of 150, whereas 92022 I acquired earlier was an acccurascale limited edition of 450.

95D2E9A0-E430-44F3-83AE-2A69320A529D.jpeg

I had to fight myself to say 'No!' on this one - thanks for posting though!

Out of curiosity, do you know if it was a Ltd Ed of 150 DCC Ready ones, Sound Fitted ones or altogether?

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, d46037 said:

I assume it was altogether. Maybe Rails or Accurascale could clarify this. I did think that 150 seemed to be a very low number.

Hi everyone,

It’s 150 models total for both this and the other Rails limited edition. So, super rare!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/12/2022 at 17:00, Colin_McLeod said:

Will the EU orders be sent out in January.  I have not received any e mails yet.

On 24/12/2022 at 23:39, McC said:

About 150 or so made it out before the shut down. If you didn’t get tracking it will be sent in the gap between the holidays and new year 

Not wanting to sound impatient and not wanting to miss out either, but no despatch or tracking  e mails yet.

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It’s 150 models total for both this and the other Rails limited edition. So, super rare!

Cheers!

Fran

Wow that really is a limited edition!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I have to say I rather like the new class 92 from accurascale. 92003 Beethoven is the first to get detailed up and changed to 2003 ish condition. The sound set up is excellent with its twin speakers with loud, clear sounds across the range. Lighting functions and the working pans are also well done. 
I detailed the front end with the supplied parts, removed the tension lock. Added the etched arrows and depot plaques. The bodyshell unclips easily (I did manage to ping a grill off doing this) these are very fine etched parts and the factory did a good job carefully putting these on with tiny dabs of glue. I can see how these will come off through handling and are easy to fit back with a very tiny spot of glue on a pin. I would certainly rather have this fine detail on a model as it looks good. The cab was unclipped and removed for a couple of crew to be added. There’s also a card sheet of window blinds in the box which were cut out and fixed in place. 
I replaced the overhead flashes for the yellow versions (with our own transfers at Rainbow Railways) to suit the era. I also painted over the silver with light grey on the pick up shoes and eventually a light weathering will finish it off nicely.

The 92 is a superb release from Accurascale. With the sound, lighting functions and working pans they offer very good value for money too. 

All the best

Mark

EB1B727D-F32A-4873-A481-B82D530DA3A2.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

just as well then that I took the plunge to buy 92015 a couple of weeks before Christmas as now looks to be sold out!

it and the ones acquired from Accurascale still to reach the layout which is in the loft ,at the moment they are in the spare bedroom.

Edited by d46037

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Is there an update on the lockpilots for these?

Hi @derekdoestrains

We're currently trying to liberate them from customs and envisage another week or so to do this. For some reason HMRC really struggles to process DCC decoders since Brexit. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @derekdoestrains

We're currently trying to liberate them from customs and envisage another week or so to do this. For some reason HMRC really struggles to process DCC decoders since Brexit. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Guess the Deltic Loksounds are also part of the same delivery.

13 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Is there an update on the lockpilots for these?

Patience..... Just get the vacuum cleaner out, with the traction motor blowers its not much different.  

Just tell the family you are not in a cleaning mid-life crisis, but require the vacuum cleaners acoustic properties while waiting for a sound chip..... 

• Funny 1

On 08/01/2023 at 15:08, Torbay Express said:

Nice looking renumber jobee.  What do you recommend then to remove the Numbers and Names?

Thank you! 

I used the time honoured t-cut and light rubbing with a cotton bud. Both the numbers and printed name came off with little effort. 

Conveniently Railtec Transfers do a sheet with 92009 on which was spot on for my chosen renumber. 

Regards 

Graeme 

• Like 1