Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 92, By Accurascale

49 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

If  92015 hasnt got shoes yet, that maybe as far as it goes and a 66 does the rest. The odd thing there is 92042 looks like it has shoes still, even though it cant use them.

5 out of 6 DB 92’s in one video...

heres the path for the class 555 tonight up from Dollands moor to Wembley.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:37119/2023-02-23/detailed

There's 6 92's as there's another grey one behind the 66.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, scumcat said:

You have to laugh. I had my class 92 for 10 days before it failed and was returned for repair as it was sent back it passed the sleeper mk5s in the post. It was returned to me after a month just over a week ago repaired. It has failed again and was posted back yesterday. Today I received a notification that the crew for the locomotive has been dispatched so it is passing those it the post this time. I really chuckled about this today.

No wonder its failed, you've got no crew on board.

planning failure.

• Funny 3

Apologies if this is asked and answered elsewhere.

Ive popped the body off to fit the decoder and crew.  The decoder - fine.   But the crew not so.  The instructions have the cab interior resting on the chassis, but mine is stuck within the body at both ends.  It moves, but only slightly and seems wedged between the metal contacts to its rear and the headlamps beneath it.  How does it come out?

21 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Apologies if this is asked and answered elsewhere.

Ive popped the body off to fit the decoder and crew.  The decoder - fine.   But the crew not so.  The instructions have the cab interior resting on the chassis, but mine is stuck within the body at both ends.  It moves, but only slightly and seems wedged between the metal contacts to its rear and the headlamps beneath it.  How does it come out?

Yes, I found this when I fitted the blinds to one of mine. The headlight thingy pulls out and down (do this carefully, it isn't glued in), then you can ease the cab mouldings out by spreading the body slightly. Mine did put up a bit of a fight, but they did eventually come out without me damaging anything. Putting them back in was easier, with the light box going back in last.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, SRman said:

Yes, I found this when I fitted the blinds to one of mine. The headlight thingy pulls out and down (do this carefully, it isn't glued in), then you can ease the cab mouldings out by spreading the body slightly. Mine did put up a bit of a fight, but they did eventually come out without me damaging anything. Putting them back in was easier, with the light box going back in last.

Brilliant.  Thanks for your help

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just fitted depot plaques, blinds, the accurascale Lokpilot chip and crew (painted) to my 92038.

Honestly this is one super detailed model and the functionality with the Lokpilot is amazing. So many light configs, auto off cab lights and individually controlled pantos or switching ones depending on travel direction. Really a comprehensive set of features.

I don’t even need a 92 but it’s a keeper for sure (also have an 89 coming and can’t wait for that).

Hats off to the Accurascale team on the 92,  now get to work and deliver me my 37’s please. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Ive been trying to find a better way of solving the PCB and sockets visible through the class 92's grills and window (as seen below) and I think I have a nice simple solution.

Original: 

image.png.359182f7a451bca28795fb7adcb9aaf8.png

Fixed:IMG_4148.jpeg.f05a2bec1d2ef33e9b359a00a24ca435.jpeg

Method:

Cut some black paper into 25 mm x 15 mm and use some trusty Tamiya tape to hold it down. You also want to run a sharpie across the sockets on the PCB. This makes the grills look far better without having to go nuts with a sharpie or so any serious modifications to the model.IMG_4145.jpeg.0311747ac07e78900210a16a88e0cad3.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg.4bddf639eea6e8bc473e9c75a9d10076.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Spot on. That corrects 2 of my 5 little niggles nicely. The black paper is really effective and super simple. 

I should say the others aren't easily fixable and I think Accurascale have gone the right way on them with the alternative being worse on the whole.

The others I've already said earlier but they were:

1. The mints not being metal but as Fran and co have said a few times they really tried and to get the different levels of relief correct and aligned consistently it's not possible and therefore they are spot on for what is achievable. I might try some polishable paint on test bit of plasticard and see if can be made more convincing but obviously not really practical for mass production.

2. The pantograph not being able to sit flush as well as correct in the raised position. I've scratched my head on this so much over the past month or two and honestly can't think of a solution that doesn't involve either extra non prototypical wire or an oversized gear/cam based system that would probably be fairly temperamental anyway. Therefore I think they've got this spot on as they can at least be posed and the single thin wire isn't noticable at any reasonable distance.

3. Totally my personal preference but like my locos a little more glossy. That being said the finish takes weathering very nicely and is spot on for the chassis and top.

Something I forgot to mention last time was the plunger contacts are spot on. With so much electronics it could have easily have been a heck of an ordeal taking this apart.

All in all well done and can't wait for the class 89!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, E100 said:

The black paper is really effective and super simple. 

If you had more time you could even play about with printing patterns on the card it to break up the pure black look. Some dark grey banding to look like radiator rows etc :)

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Br60066 said:

If you had more time you could even play about with printing patterns on the card it to break up the pure black look. Some dark grey banding to look like radiator rows etc :)

Or just colour in the sides of the PCB with a black marker 😉

Edited by LaGrange
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

advice please

my 92, 92003 with sound, has been running superbly since purchase.

however tonight when running the pantograph raised, but will now no longer go down. The servo is working as i can hear it, and a test with F17 proves the other to be working . 

has anyone else had this? I am experienced in model repairs so i could have a look myself but don’t want to void the warranty.
I have not taken the body off mine yet to look if anything has come adrift.

can anyone give advise on this?

dan

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dan Griffin said:

Hi all.

advice please

my 92, 92003 with sound, has been running superbly since purchase.

however tonight when running the pantograph raised, but will now no longer go down. The servo is working as i can hear it, and a test with F17 proves the other to be working . 

has anyone else had this? I am experienced in model repairs so i could have a look myself but don’t want to void the warranty.
I have not taken the body off mine yet to look if anything has come adrift.

can anyone give advise on this?

dan

Hi Dan,

Can you email us on support@accurascale.co.uk and we can advise and help you on this?

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, E100 said:

A pleasant surprise on the way to the York show this morning at Newcastle. There didn’t appear to be any urgency to shift it so the meme “you can’t park there sir” came to mind 😂

IMG_1662.jpeg

Although the reason it is stood there may not be so pleasant. 

Roy

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

Yes, I’m starting to appreciate that now having read on rail forums and looked into things a bit more and will edit my post accordingly.

Edited by E100
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

Quite,  but as someone who’s been on all three ends of an event that caused the disruption we shouldn’t not enjoy our hobby as it’s a relief to the events in life that often push us to one end of the triangle.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

After cancelling my initial 92 many months prior to the arrival, I’m so glad I picked one up a few months ago, superb models with outstanding details and sound package. My only disappointment is that I missed out on the TTG models but hey ho I’ll have to wait for a second run at some point.

82E2F8E6-1304-4C1F-9932-E66CE591316D.jpeg

Ravel is still in stock..

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-92023-class-92-023-ravel-sncf-grey-electric-locomotive

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

I’m wondering if there will be a batch two at some point, and also do you have the permissions to reproduce the European Passenger Services brandings?

Also, following on from the above are there any plans for a motor less 92040 to replicate its over 20 years of disuse ?

Cheers !

gbrf has a bit of a loco shortage, but it still has 4 on bricks in Worksop.
I deduce from that, these arent ever coming back and are just spares… 22 years since withdrawal in April 2001.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

I’m wondering if there will be a batch two at some point, and also do you have the permissions to reproduce the European Passenger Services brandings?

Also, following on from the above are there any plans for a motor less 92040 to replicate its over 20 years of disuse ?

Cheers !

Hi @Goodnight Sweetheart,

There will indeed. Once batch one sells through we will turn our attentions to a new batch, which will of course look at new numbers and livery variations, perhaps including EPS.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

I really don't see the point of that approach - each variation in a production run adds to the cost, and the manufcturer's saving of a motor doesn't seem to be big enough to jusitfy a lower retail price.  When the ETHELs were modelled, the retail price was the same as a working class 25.  If you want one without a motor, just buy a loco that works and remove its motor - and you might be able to recoup a few quid by flogging the motor on ebay.

• Agree 8
  • Funny 1