Class 92, By Accurascale

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my two out of the three I have. 

DSC04963.JPG.3c9d6b237ed6732de5b7e54f553afc37.JPG

DSC04972.JPG.660078961c9d32e7368b7d280a6573bc.JPG

Both are awesome beasts and are heavy enough to pull a very long train. They run great! For analogue users. If you want to turn off the tail lights. Its switch number 3 on the blanking plug. These models are some of the best I have had the experience of owning and I do recommend them. Got mine this month of June 2023 so I don't know if this was from a new batch or from the first batch but I love them! 

I will be adding the front plough around the pilot and I want to add an engineer into the leading cab of 92043. Since doing this photo. I have added the depot plates and I use just a wee drop of PVA glue to a size of a pin head and add it with a cocktail stick. I prefer PVA because it won't mess up the model or trash the finish unlike other harsher glues. 

All the best. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, AndrewB7585 said:

There are no ploughs on the 92. The detail part under the buffer beam is for the TVM 430 signalling system

Thanks for the correction buddy. That clearly shows my lack of knowledge on these locomotives. That said, it had an odd shape to it so now I know its an scanner thingy for the TVM430 like what is used on the Eurostars and TGV's etc. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to show 92003 with the BR and depot plates added. Just a cocktail stick and some PVA glue will do the job fine and save a lot of woes as its more forgiving! 

IMG_20230620_232722_687.jpg.3a1589b8402490583285c054f41bbe52.jpg

Now its time to work on 92043 and 92022 that I will show later. I love these Accurascale Class 92 models. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Just wanted to show 92003 with the BR and depot plates added. Just a cocktail stick and some PVA glue will do the job fine and save a lot of woes as its more forgiving! 

IMG_20230620_232722_687.jpg.3a1589b8402490583285c054f41bbe52.jpg

Now its time to work on 92043 and 92022 that I will show later. I love these Accurascale Class 92 models. 

The BR and depot plates are supplied without being attached to anything and with no tangs to file off. Another thing made easier. I’m aware of the argument for moulded and painted tunnel roundels but I can’t say I’m convinced. They look like blobs of sparkly paint, in contrast to the plates, which look grand. Overall, a very nice model, though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yeah I think the moulded roundels are a slight let down. I actually prefer Revolution's N gauge ones being printed with etched supplied. I get the sentiment, but they've naturally got a 'softer' edge than etched ones.

• Agree 1

I know I am assuming things here. But I wonder if they chose moulded roundels to keep production costs down? Personally I can live with them but it would have been nice if they used foil overlays to add the metallic look? I know there is metal chrome sheeting available as I used to use it on my Tamiya Model Kits and I used it on a Moebius 1952 Hudson Hornet kit. I wish I kept the remains of the chrome sheet as I would have used it on the roundels to add the metal look back onto the model. You can import the chrome sheeting from the USA and it is sticky back. Just a scalpel to trim it and be careful not to scratch the paint! 😉.

• Informative/Useful 1

Already answered on page 76 here by Fran of Accurascale

'As we explained during the development process we couldn’t etch the polos convincingly due to their design. Moulding them is the only way to capture their 3D nature with finesse.

Cheers! 

Fran'

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/142172-class-92-by-accurascale/?do=findComment&comment=5029697

Edited by letterspider
  • Like 2

Personally I like them as they are and they are better than printed ones like on older OO gauge Class 92 models from the 1990's. I wouldn't be surprised to see a model of 92009 Elgar in its BR/RFD form and 92045 "Chaucer" with EPS logos in the future. I've caught the bug! 🤣. I have been diagnosed with Accurascale Class 92 Fever and the only way to cure it is to get all of the BR/SNCF/EPS triple grey ones as they come out! 😉.

Joking aside, I am so happy to own three of these awesome models from them! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/etched-plates/euro-tunnel-rings-8-pieces if desired.

The understandable difficulty was consistently lining them up in a way that was better than moulding.

I think the moulding is very good but I will probably try and find a smoother metallic paint as I find the flecks a little too large for my liking.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, E100 said:

https://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/etched-plates/euro-tunnel-rings-8-pieces if desired.

The understandable difficulty was consistently lining them up in a way that was better than moulding.

I think the moulding is very good but I will probably try and find a smoother metallic paint as I find the flecks a little too large for my liking.

Bear in mind we had to tool multiple full bodies so you can buy versions with no roundels should you prefer :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, McC said:

Bear in mind we had to tool multiple full bodies so you can buy versions with no roundels should you prefer :) 

That’s a very good point.

3 hours ago, E100 said:

I’m inclined to think that these would look awful if stuck onto the moulded rings if viewed at an angle. I’ll leave mine as they are; I can imagine the mess if I tried to remove them. Others (just about everyone, actually) would be more skilled than I.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

Are the Polo Mints easily removed on the Grey 92s ?

Just pondering a future GBRf 92, 92044 Couperin ..

Hi,

They are moulded as part of the body shell, so it would very difficult to remove them without having to repaint the whole body I would imagine.

Simon

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

They are part of the body shell so best to start with a version with no polos

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

Hi @Johnson Street IEMD,

As above, easier to respray a loco without them fitted. Something like 92010 or 92020 in our first run would be good candidates. Would have the prototypically correct upgraded LED lights too.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1