Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 47606odin said:

My photo of the very last BR service ready to leave Dollands Moor. At midnight, after this train departed, Railfreight distribution became EW&S and privatisation was complete.

Dollands Moor Electric Locos, Class 92 and SNCF 22000 Class

Neat: I have an example of 92003 on order as it happens, so I will now be making a headboard for it to commemorate this…

… unless Accurascale would like to oblige ;-)

36 minutes ago, rhnrhn said:

Neat: I have an example of 92003 on order as it happens, so I will now be making a headboard for it to commemorate this…

… unless Accurascale would like to oblige ;-)

Ah, I wouldn't put it past those Accurascale boys to have already thought of that y'a know? 

They never fail to amaze Me! 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good morning everyone,

A quick warning; we hope you have strong stomachs this early in the morning as the following post is not for the squeamish! 

Sometimes, you need to go to extreme lengths for science and testing. In this case a saw has engaged with one of our Class 92 pre-production samples.

The result is not pretty...

1218952512_ImagefromiOS(86).jpg.1e95b53524b54705e902e0c9c5909ade.jpg

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

"Why?!?!" you may ask.

Well, we will have the answer later this morning. So, have a quick lie down after witnessing this traumatic event and come back to us a little later on.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning everyone,

A quick warning; we hope you have strong stomachs this early in the morning as the following post is not for the squeamish! 

Sometimes, you need to go to extreme lengths for science and testing. In this case a saw has engaged with one of our Class 92 pre-production samples.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

"Why?!?!" you may ask.

Well, we will have the answer later this morning. So, have a quick lie down after witnessing this traumatic event and come back to us a little later on.

Cheers!

Fran 

And that's all you have to do to quickly install the DCC chip :lol:

Even the most unskilled of you will be able to fit this chip quickly and easily

We've even left a hole for a speaker underneath the pantograph

Edited by woodenhead
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning everyone,

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

"Why?!?!" you may ask.

Cheers!

Fran 

What a tease! If it were a Deltic or a 37, I’d speculate that it would have something to do with rotating fans. Hm. Fitting a driver? A driver who appears and disappears?

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

So, have you ever wondered how our silky smooth raising and lowering pantograph operated?

Well, wonder no more. We have created a cutaway Dyson, so you can see the pan mechanism in action while we test the tech! Also, as a bonus, you get to hear the full start up and shut down sequence and those Legomanbiffo sounds.

Our test mule has done its job and our feedback has been reported to the factory for tweaks and improvements, but you get the general idea. 

You can now pre-order your Class 92 from our network of stockists, as well as direct right here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the casting, is the body clip on ?

if removing the body (hopefully not with a hacksaw) is the pantograph attached to the chassis, or only in contact with it ? - I see something winding the panto up/down within the chassis block.

Just asking if we need to be careful with body removal affecting the pantograph mechanism.

(Bachmann's 90 body is attached to the frames with tiny easy to break jumper cables for instance on the cab ends.., but once past that, inside the body.. the servo is body mounted and connected to the chassis for power only with a JST so its relatively easy to remove the body).

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Looking at the casting, is the body clip on ?

if removing the body (hopefully not with a hacksaw) is the pantograph attached to the chassis, or only in contact with it ? - I see something winding the panto up/down within the chassis block.

Just asking if we need to be careful with body removal affecting the pantograph mechanism.

(Bachmann's 90 body is attached to the frames with tiny easy to break jumper cables for instance on the cab ends.., but once past that, inside the body.. the servo is body mounted and connected to the chassis for power only with a JST so its relatively easy to remove the body).

Hi John,

Bodies are four clips along the sides. We did look into a removable panel but with all the plumbing on the roof and the pans it really wasnt possible to do.

Pans are connected to the body.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

So, have you ever wondered how our silky smooth raising and lowering pantograph operated?

Well, wonder no more. We have created a cutaway Dyson, so you can see the pan mechanism in action while we test the tech! Also, as a bonus, you get to hear the full start up and shut down sequence and those Legomanbiffo sounds.

Such a pity you have to hide the mechanism away on the actual models being sold, maybe auction off Mule 1 :D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Such a pity you have to hide the mechanism away on the actual models being sold, maybe auction off Mule 1 :D

Ah…

maybe make one fully finished body in clear plastic to show off the internals ?.. that’d look interestedly artistic.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Our test mule has done its job and our feedback has been reported to the factory for tweaks and improvements, but you get the general idea. 

So how many times did you test it? e.g. car manufacturers have machines that will open / close doors thousands of times before they are signed off

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

So how many times did you test it? e.g. car manufacturers have machines that will open / close doors thousands of times before they are signed off

Basically been tested since it arrived several months ago. Beating it up has led to a few small additional tweaks and changes to the roof mount, panto clip and head to function better and more reliably and ensure it’s robust enough to endure rough handling without the mech becoming undone. Vigorous testing is a part of all of our models as they need to function reliably and in the long term as well as look beautiful. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 11/02/2022 at 11:02, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

You can now pre-order your Class 92 from our network of stockists, as well as direct right here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/british-rail-class-92

Cheers!

Fran 

Might have to get both of mine sound fitted now rather than just the one.  Normally order it with one and then use a different sound project in others, but that does sound good . . . 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

Might have to get both of mine sound fitted now rather than just the one.  Normally order it with one and then use a different sound project in others, but that does sound good . . . 

a big benefit of going with factory sound, apart from the built in huge speakers, stay alive,etc, is that the loco is chipped and fully tested as well as the project working perfectly with the pantographs and onboard lighting functions. 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Let me see if I’ve got this right. It won’t make the tea but it will vacuum the house?

Well, we never like to say our models suck. But…..

10 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

If you’ve ordered direct just drop us an email with your order number and we can upgrade that for you.

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1