Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’m surprised the Dellner fitted 92’s havent become a sub-fleet yet.

post introduction, there use will pretty much exclusively be CS workings, as theres limited options for spare locos, and nothing else will be able to work with mk5’s.

could we see a class 92/1 emerge ?

elsewhere, I read that DB have sold their Roumanian class 92’s to Croatia. Could the now restricted HS1 DB 92’s be next to be heading out of the door ?

For as long as freights run over HS1, or are likely to run over HS1, the only locos capable of hauling them are Class 92s (or Eurotunnel's rescue locos) because they are the only TVM equipped locos running in Britain.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/02/2019 at 12:57, adb968008 said:

I read that DB have sold their Roumanian class 92’s to Croatia. Could the now restricted HS1 DB 92’s be next to be heading out of the door ?

According to my insider at DBC whom I used to work with when I was on the railways, the Class 92’s that are in Romania and Bulgaria are planned to all head to Croatia.  They are being transferred, not sold.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/02/2019 at 21:37, arran said:

HI All

It,s controlled by Transport For Scotland .

Regards Arran 

Just because Transport Scotland is a public sector body doesn’t change the legal position - technically they could only licence their intellectual property (the livery design) to only a single model manufacturer (just as the DfT could in theory only give one manufacturer exclusive rights to NSE livery).

The big difference with public sector bodies however is that such practices would generate considerable bad press and accusations of ‘profiteering’ which means that most such public sector bodies tend to shy away from ‘exclusive’ deals and are generally quite happy to provide permission to multiple manufacturers.

However regardless of the livery angle, the Mk5 coach design remains the intellectual property of a non-public sector body (the builders / leasing company) and either of these are perfectly within their rights to only give permission to a single manufacturer should they wish. As both entities are private sector companies, the ‘in the public interest’ type ethos which can be used on Transport Scotland cannot be applied.

Thats not to say that every private sector company will apply worst case / most stringent obligations to licensing liveries / designs on models of course - but the point remains under UK law they can do so should they wish however much Railway modellers may moan.

2 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

Just because Transport Scotland is a public sector body doesn’t change the legal position - technically they could only licence their intellectual property (the livery design) to only a single model manufacturer (just as the DfT could in theory only give one manufacturer exclusive rights to NSE livery).

The big difference with public sector bodies however is that such practices would generate considerable bad press and accusations of ‘profiteering’ which means that most such public sector bodies tend to shy away from ‘exclusive’ deals and are generally quite happy to provide permission to multiple manufacturers.

However regardless of the livery angle, the Mk5 coach design remains the intellectual property of a non-public sector body (the builders / leasing company) and either of these are perfectly within their rights to only give permission to a single manufacturer should they wish. As both entities are private sector companies, the ‘in the public interest’ type ethos which can be used on Transport Scotland cannot be applied.

Thats not to say that every private sector company will apply worst case / most stringent obligations to licensing liveries / designs on models of course - but the point remains under UK law they can do so should they wish however much Railway modellers may moan.

Irrespective of the above the livery is the IP of Transport Scotland as stated by Arran.  Thanks goodness Accurascale were able to use it as there's not  lot of call for unpainted Class 92's hauling equally unpainted Mk5a's.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Lyddrail said:

Choosing NSE livery is a bad choice. The Network SouthEast  Railway Society hold various rights for NSE elements.

Anyway, good luck to Accurascale for their class 92, I am likely to be interested in ordering one.

Cheers.

As I understood it, ALL intellectual property / trademarks / designs which previously belonged to the state body known as the British Railways Board (including all its subdivisions and all its forebears going back to the Stockton & Darlington) was passed to the DfT who license it out as necessary. That does not preclude them having subsiquently passed on the rights of certain things to the Network SouthEast Railway Society at a later date....

17 minutes ago, Bob Reid said:

Thanks goodness Accurascale were able to use it as there's not  lot of call for unpainted Class 92's hauling equally unpainted Mk5a's.

Be all up for that, less sodding drawings to do!! 

RM 

(only messing, I'll do em proper) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, phil-b259 said:

As I understood it, ALL intellectual property / trademarks / designs which previously belonged to the state body known as the British Railways Board (including all its subdivisions and all its forebears going back to the Stockton & Darlington) was passed to the DfT who license it out as necessary. That does not preclude them having subsiquently passed on the rights of certain things to the Network SouthEast Railway Society at a later date....

Given the speed todays train companies come and go, its a goid job one point have a full catalog.

(i though names like LNWR etc were originally sold in the 1990s, and hence changed hands since ?)

were going off piste here.

Edited by adb968008

8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

According to my insider at DBC whom I used to work with when I was on the railways, the Class 92’s that are in Romania and Bulgaria are planned to all head to Croatia.  They are being transferred, not sold.

I have been intensively researching the class 92 since the Accurascale announcement. I am sorry to say, your friend is misinformed, sorry! 

The DB Cargo Romania class 472s 472001-006 (ex BR-TOPS class 92s) have been sold to LocoTech, a Russian ROSCO (plus two spares for parts 92003 & 92026). They are hired to Transagent Špedicija for coal flows between Bakar to Gyekenyes, Croatia. (The DB Cargo Bulgaria class 88s (ex BR-TOPS class 92s) remain the property of DB Cargo Bulgaria...for now). 

Railcolor.com has photos: 

http://railcolornews.com/2018/08/17/hr-expert-football-on-rails-british-class-92-midfielder-now-playing-for-croatian-transagent-rail/

Transagent_472005_class_92_Croatia_Sini%

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have been intensively researching the class 92 (thank you to Fat Controller, Timbon and contacts in GBRf/DBC), and now have a definitive 'active' class 92 as well as where are Accurascale models 'now': 

The Prototypes

DB Cargo UK (6) -

92011 - EWS triple grey

92015 - DB Cargo red with London - Yiwu, China train branding

92019 - EWS triple grey

92036 - EWS triple grey

92041 - EWS triple grey

92042 - DB Schenker red

GBRf (12 by May TTC) -

GBSL Pool with CAF mods (CS/UK only flows)

92006 - CS teal (current re-build, due to be released from Brush ‘summer’ 2019)

92014 - CS teal

92020 - GBRf blue (revised)

92023 - CS teal

92033 - CS teal

GBST Pool with TVM430 and CAF mods (CS/UK/CT flows)

92010 - CS teal

92018 - CS teal

92028 - GBRf blue

92038 - CS teal

92043 - GBRf blue

GBST Sub-pool with TVM430 (UK/CT flows)

92032 - GBRf blue (Europorte) (due modifications/major exam 2019)

92044 - Railfreight triple grey (due modifications/major exam 2019)

Where are the model's

The Accurascale class 92 model can be divided into the following eras -

Era 8 (BR Sectorisation)(Railfreight/SNCF)

92003 - Railfreight triple grey (exported Romania Feb 2017)

92022 - Railfreight triple grey (exported Bulgaria Feb 2017)

Era 9 (Privatisation) (EWS/Europorte)

92001 - EWS maroon (exported Romania Dec 2013)

92036 - EWS triple grey (active UK)

92043 - Europorte triple grey (repainted GBRf Sept 2017)

Era 10 (Franchising) (DB Schenker/GBRf(Europorte))

92038 - CS teal (active UK)

92010 - CS teal (active UK)

92032 - GBRf blue (Europorte) (due modifications/major exam 2019) (active UK)

92036 - EWS triple grey (active UK)

92042 - DB Schenker (active UK)

92009 - DB Schenker (withdraw August 2012 from traffic, only for early Era 10)

Era 11 (Present Day) (DB Cargo/GBRf)

92038 - CS teal (active UK)

92010 - CS teal (active UK)

92032 - GBRf blue (Europorte) (due modifications/major exam 2019) (active UK)

92036 - EWS triple grey (active UK)

92042 - DB Schenker (active UK)

92020 - GBRf blue (revised) (active UK)

On the prototype section, modellers may find this link useful: 

Edited by 159220
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

This is very exciting news, I really do feel now that ac electric modelling has made a comeback with Hornby’s 87 and Bachmann’s class 90 (and  85) and Heljan’s new 86 and now this... 2019 is proving to be a very good year for me, now someone please do a 91

best regards, Matthew

• Thanks 1

On 17/02/2019 at 20:52, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

This is very exciting news, I really do feel now that ac electric modelling has made a comeback with Hornby’s 87 and Bachmann’s class 90 (and  85) and Heljan’s new 86 and now this... 2019 is proving to be a very good year for me, now someone please do a 91

best regards, Matthew

I'm looking forward to populating my display cabinet with a Hornby CS Class 87, Hornby DRS Class 90 and Accurascale CS Class 92. Once Heljan reveal the artwork for their Class 86s I shall pick one and add it to the display cabinet.

Hopefully Hornby, Dapol, Oxford Rail or Accurascale do a Class 91 next year.

On 15/02/2019 at 10:25, Sir TophamHatt said:

In comparison, while there is a growing number, there aren't that many modern locos.

Class 60 - Hornby

Class 66 - Hornby, Bachmann, Hattons

Class 67 - Hornby

Class 68 - Dapol

Class 70 - Bachmann

Class 88 - ?

Class 90 - Bachmann

Class 91 - Hornby (train set standard)

Class 92 - Hornby, Accurascale etc

...am I missing something?  That looks like almost a clean sweep to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:25, Sir TophamHatt said:

...In comparison, while there is a growing number, there aren't that many modern locos...

I initially thought 'true' the contemporary railway has very few modern classes of loco in fleet operation.

And then I thought if he's talking about models of modern classes, per 'Chard above, 'false': coverage of the very few modern classes in fleet service is pretty good. The significant gap is the 91 (if that is still considered 'modern') which has a low grade legacy model from Hornby. Given the number of active competitors and paucity of choices, someone is going to announce a new model of that and the class 88 in the next year or two. Thereafter it will be duplication city, no further options in modern locos in fleet service, WWEA.

Just now, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

I initially thought 'true' the contemporary railway has very few modern classes of loco in fleet operation.

Oooh!  Good spot - I'd not read it that way.  But if we did extend it to all locos with main line certification, we can then include:

Class 08 - Hornby, Bachmann

Class 20 - Bachmann

(Class 31 - Hornby, no examples currently main line)

(Class 33 - Heljan, examples in and out of main line certification)

Class 37 - Bachmann

Class 47 - Bachmann

Class 50 - Hornby

Class 55 - Bachmann, Accurascale

Class 56 - Hornby

Class 57 - Bachmann

Class 73 - Dapol

Class 86 - Hornby, Heljan

Class 87 - Hornby

A clean sweep.

3 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

...am I missing something?  That looks like almost a clean sweep to me.

But over half are old tooling no?

I got told off once for referencing a "train" so for the sake of simplicity call everything "loco" now.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit in my comments.  Modern isn't really something that was built more than 25 years ago :/

Forget about any loco older than the Class 66, the list shrinks quite a lot.  Think more about any "unit" newer than a Class 170 - and even those units are getting old now!

I count at least 31 "units" and that's putting some classes together (IE, 170/171, 320/321/322, 755/745 or 800/801/802) - get those people who want every different class and you could probably add a third more to that number.

But manufacturers are keen to produce yet another steam engine, or duplicate something to either way more or way less detail than what is current available.

I'm not saying it's a really bad thing but I'd suggest it isn't really helping younger people get into the hobby, which any hobby needs to survive.

If many of the older generation of people aren't replaced, model makers won't see enough return to bother.  Then we'll see even more expensive models, less manufacturers and ultimately less choice.

Feel free to message me if you want to carry on the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/02/2019 at 22:05, Irish_R_M said:

Be all up for that, less sodding drawings to do!! 

RM 

(only messing, I'll do em proper) 

You should consider Thameslink class 700s then. It’s the only livery more plain and boring than a rainy day.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the positive comments so far, and of course the orders and support!

We can now confirm pricing for our 92s, and they will be £160 for DCC ready and £250 DCC sound fitted. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Fran

Thank you for confirming the price. I don't model electric trains although with these superb models for a really good price I may have to make an exception. 

Please could you answer a few questions that I have:

1. How does payment for the 92s work? Is the initial payment of £30 per model compulsory to reserve each model? Then do we pay the remaining £130 when they arrive in stock with you, but before they are dispatched out to customers? 

2. Looking at the website with regards to payment for the 92s, if we pay the deposit of £30 per model is this taken straight away when clicking the pay deposit only button? Also by clicking the pay in full now button does this take the £160 immediately for the DCC Ready versions? 

3. The working pantograph is going to be excellent. Will this simply be controlled by a button on our DCC controllers alike directional lighting, cab lighting etc? For example F1, F2 etc?

4. Will any of the models come with Limited Edition certificates? 

5. What DCC Decoder will the models accept? 8 Pin or 21 Pin? 

6. Also will the models be compatible with any DCC Decoder?

Thank you very much in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1