Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

I took my Warwell to a friends layout last week to give it a run and as soon as I put it on the track there was a great big short!  :fool:  Oh what a shame, or words to that effect were uttered! It turned out that as the wheels had a fare bit of side to side movement in the bogies I added a washer each side of the bearings. I used a mix of washers from the washer stocks to use up old ones. I have now realised that some of them were larger than the insulation on the Roxey axles and rubbed on the back of the wheel and bearing at the same time. So I had to remove a sideframe and pull a wheel off and remove the larger washers. Oh well we live and learn. Well I was at it I added some springs to the top of the axleboxes from some that have been knocking around in my spares box for years from Slaters PMV's. Before anyone say's, yes you can't see the springs now but I know they are there  :good_mini:

It's now in the paint shops.

post-6766-0-54428400-1396116658.jpg

post-6766-0-99182500-1396116659.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I do like that Thumper, Brian!!!  The pictures in the dark with the lights on are particularly impressive.  It means you can see the luggage racks, too - and there was me saying to a friend of yours at the weekend (at Melksham) that you wouldn't be able to see them.  I was wrong!!

Rod

Edited by Dmudriver
  • Like 1

Another project that has been on the back burner for too long is this JLKTRT BG. I nicked the bogies I made for it and put them on my Inspection Saloon. I have now built two replacements and finished a few little details like adding some Easybuild window etches. Thought I might as well use them as I had them in the spares box. I have done a fixed buckeye at one end and a JLTRT dropped one the other end as this will always be the end of the train. Having said that the buckeye can be raised and coupled to another should I wish to. Just sprayed some primer on it so should get it painted in a week?

post-6766-0-12775500-1398277954.jpg

post-6766-0-00854700-1398277956.jpg

post-6766-0-19055900-1398277957.jpg

post-6766-0-32393800-1398277959.jpg

post-6766-0-55333400-1398277961.jpg

post-6766-0-39860000-1398277964.jpg

• Like 11

I have just uploaded a video of the Thumper in the garden. I really must get a proper digital video camera. This was recorded on my Canon 60D SLR.

Note my nice new garden fence CME!

fascinating sound chip...  ;)  I had wondered why they called them "Thumpers"...

I am starting on detailing a Heljan Western, now can someone tell me how far out the headcode and headboard clips are? Has anyone got any actual measurements of the prototype or are we just going by eye. I just want to know if it is worth the extra work moving it all up a gnats whisker.