Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Fran and the super A Team,

I for one cannot wait to receive my order of 37's, and am delighted with the tantalising snippet in this morning's email. 😀

Now if you were to do some sort of poll then it would just collapse with to multitude of livery requests... 😂  anything engineers or dutch and I'm signed up! 

Keep up the great work

All the best

Peter

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Of course I’m sticking with the Accurascale 37043, along with the 2 others I have on order. The Bachy one is handy for those who missed the Accurascale one after it sold out I suppose, but the price point is too high for anything other than the odd loco that happens to be a perfect fit against what’s on my wishlist.

I won’t be paying Bachmann’s prices very often when there is even better on offer for less.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

Don’t suppose there’s any cheeky hints to what might be coming in the 2nd batch 😉 a nice green or pre-tops blue centre head code, the deposit is waiting!!!

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

The big difference is as with everything today,Bachmann want to make a killing,the lads here want to make a living.Whatever the guys at Accurascale make we will buy as they are open and honest as there company has grown,its made them more extended family to us,what is for tea Fran.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

54 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The big difference is as with everything today,Bachmann want to make a killing,the lads here want to make a living.Whatever the guys at Accurascale make we will buy as they are open and honest as there company has grown,its made them more extended family to us,what is for tea Fran.

Accurascale don't have fans, they have only brothers and sisters.

Oops sorry, yes they do, lovely made ones within their locos...

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I’m sticking with my Accurascale ones, they said they were going to fix that headlight afterall. And bottomline price is cheaper.

I maybe tempted by a 37401 however, in its 90’s guise… but I wish it were 37430 in that livery…. Bachmann went either side of the bullseye with 37430, with the right number on the wrong livery, and right livery with the wrong number with 37401, indeed same could be said for choice of 37401 too.. its celebrity days were in large logo blue.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

These sweeping statements get my blood up, unless you know the entire cost structure of Bachmann and the profit targets imposed by their Chinese masters , it’s complete fiction .And if I was the boys from barwell I’d be offended - I haven’t seen any pictures of them riding to work in Bentleys ? Have you ?

No, we all love an underdog - an underdog with a great product and lean and adaptable processes that engages brilliantly with their customers and that’s what we have with new lads on the block that’s for clear .

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

ESU who Bachmann have used for sound decoders, but it did make me wonder if they had picked up off the Deltic thread some preference to Zimo for slow speed running of some folk and thats why they ran with it,as they have replicated the best in there range it would seem possible.

• RMweb Premium

Probably too much to hope for but I'd love an original 37/6 in EPS livery. Infact I'll take 2, sound fitted. An Intercity swallow 37/4 would be good too to haul the highland sleepers. And one or both of the Royal Scotsman liveried 37/4s. Oooo the possibilities with a 37, nearly endless. Certainly more than one manufacturer can produce, even making 15 variants every 18 months or so. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

We have two manufacturers offering similar (and in one case the same 😮) Class 37s and the choice will no doubt lie with the market - i.e. us (well not yet including me, you know what I'm waiting for 😇).   Various factors decide how the market works and not all of us will be driven by the same imperatives or factors in making our choice and that, really is never going to change.  

I could list my factors on here but I see no point in doing so or taking any notice of those posted by someone else because in the end what I perceive as the right product for me offering a level of the various quality factors which match what I want will decide which I buy.   But I do place a high value on close engagement with customers *** as well as the results that come in the box so that might give a clue as far as I'm concerned but I am not everybody.   However I think direct duplication down to individual running numbers is bloomin' daft!

So the best of luck to both and if necessary I'll post that ruddy photo yet again.

PS Note *** And close engagement might also refer to things which happen to drop into my email box - as something did at 09.12 this morning. 

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• AY Mod locked and unlocked this topic

Oh to have been a fly on the walls of Accurascale Towers this morning! I can imagine it must have been a very interesting morning, hence the communication earlier.

Looking forward to the run 2 announcement ‘in the next few weeks as the mail suggests’. The announcement from Bachman today has at least whetted the appetite and got us talking. If you can maintain the undoubted quality of your previous releases and maintain the price from run 1, then I don’t see why you shouldn’t continue to be hugely successful and set the bar high.

Ian.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Differing sound recordings depending on sub class (with more to come in future releases )

Do you read this as, if they did another modern 37/4 in batch two it would have a different sound recording than a batch one 37/4

or

there are new sub-classes coming that will have a different sound recording than other subclasses

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Do you read this as, if they did another modern 37/4 in batch two it would have a different sound recording than a batch one 37/4

or

there are new sub-classes coming that will have a different sound recording than other subclasses

Hi @aeroplane,

Different subclasses of 37s have sound differences, such as as built and refurbished. We have accounted for these differences in our sound tooling and will do so in other variants in our future.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, I was wondering about the coincidental timing of that, 20 minutes before somebody else may have been announcing some more!

So - first I read an email from a regular contact which was about a certain new brakevan.  So from there I went back to  RMweb and to the pages page about that company's announcements.  Then I came here fora nosey around because there were some freh posts on this thread.   Then I went back to my email inbox where there were still unopened emails and by which time 'that email' had appeared - hence me posting a PS above.  

So 20 minutes before was irrelevant in my case (and is anyway because all it did was further, and very clearly, explain the product)and because I read it about an hour after the other one.  So the timing doesn't really matter does it?