Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Shaun66 said:

@Accurascale Fran Just been looking at the pictures of the 37 on the website, I noticed that 37425 is named ‘Spirit of the Lakes’ on one side instead of Sir Robert McAlpine. I’m guessing this has hopefully already been picked up before the production commenced. 

Or we need an insider at DRS to swop the plates to match,dummys will be ricochet off walls everywhere if its like this,funny no one notices until now drooling over its arrival i take it.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

IIRC the original naming of 37 425 had 'Sir Robert McAlpine' on one side, and 'Concrete Bob' on the other, so if that's still true, it needs to be taken into account.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The sound is amazing, the automatic wheel squeal just makes it so realistic. One quick question- the squeal feature is noted as triggered by sensors, would that feature be available if you retro fitted a sound chip or are the sensors only fitted to models factory built with sound? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SHerr said:

The sound is amazing, the automatic wheel squeal just makes it so realistic. One quick question- the squeal feature is noted as triggered by sensors, would that feature be available if you retro fitted a sound chip or are the sensors only fitted to models factory built with sound? 

The sensors, and associated integrated circuits will be fitted on all class 37s in this batch

Edited by McC
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Oh for an original 37/4 in one of the initial batches. However, I can wait. Like I'm also waiting for any stuff for early mid eighties. It seems to be a neglected period for work horse banger blue and non-orange stripe revised standard liveried locos...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

46 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Just to clarify, I take it speakers will need to be purchased too, and hopefully they are easy to fit. 

I believe a sugar cube speaker comes as standard but the acurathrash speaker needs to be purchased separately and a dcc sound decoder.

• Agree 2

On 15/10/2022 at 09:36, SHerr said:

In general the sound is really, really impressive and that's listening on my phone.  The locos truly look amazing too!  The only thing I have a slight reservation on is the sound on coast/low power.  Engine just sounds a little too slow and perhaps a little bass-ey.  Was it possibly done close to start up?  It may just be the phone but it tends to be a common thing on English Electric loco sounds being too 'coughy' when slow running and sometimes accelerating, with Class 50s seemingly very difficult to capture (got a Mr. Soundguy Class 50 chip which seems about the best to get rid of the 'cough').   Not sure on a preserved railway that locos really ever get warmed up enough (compare to a 37 from St. Blazey to Exeter on a load for example) , are locos tuned to spec as opposed how BR fitters got them to run or whether sound recordings are done early in the day? I have often pondered on the why's! 

Not a criticism, but query - so glad I have mine on order, but EE sounds never quite seem to hit the mark for me. Maybe it's me being an EE Thrash Psychopath - I can blame my dad for too many visits to Exeter in my youth (long before 60's, 66's and even 159's and even ultra unreliable 47/7's took over) .

Edited by Torbay Express
Extra comment.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/10/2022 at 07:43, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Or we need an insider at DRS to swop the plates to match,dummys will be ricochet off walls everywhere if its like this,funny no one notices until now drooling over its arrival i take it.

There is someone on RMweb who used to be (and might still be?) a DRS insider.  He was present when I flogged his boss some Class 37s. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/10/2022 at 01:07, Carl BR said:

I have 37026 "Shapfell" on order and paid for. How likely of a chance could it be seen running on my layout "Alderford" that is attending The Great British Model Railway Show at the Gaydon motor museum at the end of this month?

Hi @Carl BR,

We will have a full update later this week, promise!

On 15/10/2022 at 02:47, Shaun66 said:

@Accurascale Fran Just been looking at the pictures of the 37 on the website, I noticed that 37425 is named ‘Spirit of the Lakes’ on one side instead of Sir Robert McAlpine. I’m guessing this has hopefully already been picked up before the production commenced. 

Hi @Shaun66,

You are indeed correct. It is a factory error on our decorated samples which has been corrected for production models you will receive. Good spot!

On 15/10/2022 at 21:30, Ian J. said:

Oh for an original 37/4 in one of the initial batches. However, I can wait. Like I'm also waiting for any stuff for early mid eighties. It seems to be a neglected period for work horse banger blue and non-orange stripe revised standard liveried locos...

Hi @Ian J.,

Don't worry, we will look after you here in time!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Shaun66,

You are indeed correct. It is a factory error on our decorated samples which has been corrected for production models you will receive. Good spot

Thought that was the case, glad to see it’s also got the Regional Railways branding too after it was take off then reapplied. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2022 at 08:42, cessna152towser said:

My Accurascale class 37 will be analogue and I don't do sound.   I won't be converting to DCC at my age but I'm certainly very impressed with this video demonstration.

Usually, a sound chip will still produce some sound on analogue. 

4 hours ago, Chris56057 said:

Looking forward to this update I must admit 👍

Careful what you wish for. 

It may be 'surprise' they are here! Pays your money and judge for yourself....... 

P.S. Talking of 'surprises' does the Class 37 have any features not already mentioned (not asking for specifics)? 

• Like 1

On 15/10/2022 at 10:54, McC said:

The sensors, and associated integrated circuits will be fitted on all class 37s in this batch

Hi

How does the sensors differentiate between what is modelled as a tight bend and the tighter radius’ of standard PECO track? Is it configurable via a CV or can be turned off and just done via a normal function button?

I can see the auto flange squeal being activated when you don’t want it to on a layout, spoiling the illusion, but it is an impressive function.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi

How does the sensors differentiate between what is modelled as a tight bend and the tighter radius’ of standard PECO track? Is it configurable via a CV or can be turned off and just done via a normal function button?

I can see the auto flange squeal being activated when you don’t want it to on a layout, spoiling the illusion, but it is an impressive function.

Simon

Like all functions it can be enabled, disabled, and the trigger values adjusted. Hope that helps!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, St. Simon said:

as a tight bend and the tighter radius’ of standard PECO track

Hi Simon,

Is there a difference when looking for a realistic response from the model?  I would have thought prototypical flange squeal would occur on small radius points and tight curves.

Steve

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi

Simon

Fear not you can always buy one of your bosses with sound (but without hall sensors) for £344.95.....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Fear not you can always buy one of your bosses with sound (but without hall sensors) for £344.95.....

I think I can decide who’s model I’ll buy thank you.

I was simply trying to establish an answer to a thought I had personally and McC’s answer was perfectly acceptable and I don’t have any problems with the model

For the record I have two Accurascale 37s on order and one Bachmann, I like both for different reasons.

Yes, I work for Kernow one day a week, but just stop trying to use that to discredit my personal opinions and views.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7