Class 37, by Accurascale

13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Well next announcement is Saturday… Great Eastern would be my bet for a 37/2 Celeb Accurascale limited edition.

Where's this other announcement been mentioned?

Edited by Chris56057

14 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Well next announcement is Saturday… Great Eastern would be my bet for a 37/2 Celeb Accurascale limited edition.

If 37216 is the exclusive I'd happily get one considering it's preservd at Blaenavon and she has been fired up a couple of times recently with a goal for a return to service soon so hopefully that is the case

55 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Wasn’t it mentioned that the Accurascale exclusive would be announced in a ‘few weeks’? Unlikely to be a class 37 then this weekend, but you never know.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I wonder who is doing BR Blue Tops then - everything but that in the announcement.

That's what I'm waiting for too - a WR centre headcode with skirts and TOPS numbering. I was really hoping Accurascale would announce that as Bachmann notably didn't. I certainly don't fancy my chances at removing 4 double arrows and 4 pre-TOPS numbers cleanly so won't be trying.

1 hour ago, tractionman said:

ACC2611 Accurascale OO Gauge Class 37 Diesel in BR Blue with Orange Cantrail #37140

with the orange cantrail, are we looking at c.1983?

cheers,

Keith

37140 has the departmental sector yellow stripes under the right hand cab windows, the SF sparrow, orange cantrail stripe and black painted headcode panel (not dominos), which puts it from summer 1989. In February 1989 it still had yellow headcode panels

37140 & 37128 run through Stratford with the 07:32 Garston to Felixstowe South Freightliner.

but they were black by July 1989

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, scissors said:

Just doing some Flickr research on 37140. Incase anyone's interested it looks like it didn't get the black headcode box in high visibility headlight guise until mid 1989. 

I'm thinking of respraying them yellow as I really want the plainer banger blue with the orange stripe, plus it's more central to my modelling period (though things still blur a little with me).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My wallet can breathe a sigh of relief for the time being, as there's still no plain blue tops no orange cantrail, or original condition LL 37/4.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I'm thinking of respraying them yellow as I really want the plainer banger blue with the orange stripe, plus it's more central to my modelling period (though things still blur a little with me).

Yes I'd be inclined to do the same. It's a shame it ended up with black headcode boxes as even disregarding these it only had a five-year stint in its modelled livery.

9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chilly,

According to pics it does? 

37422 York Parcel Sidings 23.03.23

Other end

37422 at York (27/3/23)

Cheers!

Fran 

Class 37 - 37422 Making Loads of Noise at York | Mega Thrash and Clag | 19/11/2022 - on youtube ?

but on this one 

Class 37422 +37245 leaves Beverley station with MEGA THRASH and a 2 tone!! - on you tube?

Edited by Chilly

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, scissors said:

Yes I'd be inclined to do the same. It's a shame it ended up with black headcode boxes as even disregarding these it only had a five-year stint in its modelled livery.

Perhaps manufacture them with yellow headcode boxes and with decals if you want them black, and decals for the civil engineers stripy thing too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another excellent announcement Accurascale. 

I know that many of us have been waiting for the announcement of the second batch of 37s. 

Just a quick question, apart from the eight models announced today, 37714 for the Heavy Tractor Group which was announced a while ago, and one Accurascale Exclusive to be announced is this all of the models that will be in the second batch? Are there no retailer Limited Editions/Exclusives in the second batch? I ask because I’m going to wait until all of the models for batch two are announced before pre-ordering any as my mind may change on which models to buy with the funds I have. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Another excellent announcement Accurascale. 

I know that many of us have been waiting for the announcement of the second batch of 37s. 

Just a quick question, apart from the eight models announced today, 37714 for the Heavy Tractor Group which was announced a while ago, and one Accurascale Exclusive to be announced is this all of the models that will be in the second batch? Are there no retailer Limited Editions/Exclusives in the second batch? I ask because I’m going to wait until all of the models for batch two are announced before pre-ordering any as my mind may change on which models to buy with the funds I have. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.  

We’ve evolved our announcement process somewhat so that this batch is announced and delivered to schedule then another and so on.

Each announcement represents a production ‘slot’ as our key goal is to deliver frequent announcements in a timely manner. 

So there will be more 37’s of course but they will be delivered after these ones. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, McC said:

We’ve evolved our announcement process somewhat so that this batch is announced and delivered to schedule then another and so on.

Each announcement represents a production ‘slot’ as our key goal is to deliver frequent announcements in a timely manner. 

So there will be more 37’s of course but they will be delivered after these ones. 

Thank you for the reply, it’s greatly appreciated. 

That is what I meant. So their isn’t any further Class 37s in this batch and their isn’t any retailer Limited Editions/Exclusives in this batch? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1

I must have no resolve whatsoever, told myself I do not need any more loco's

Just ordered the Dutch one and a Blue one through Derails.

Then thought I would try the split payment feature from Accurascale and found out it does work quite well as now seam to of ordered the 2 green ones.

I do have a soft spot for the 37's 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chilly said:

Class 37 - 37422 Making Loads of Noise at York | Mega Thrash and Clag | 19/11/2022 - on youtube ?

but on this one 

Class 37422 +37245 leaves Beverley station with MEGA THRASH and a 2 tone!! - on you tube?

Just spent 2 mins checking on Flickr and it definitely has them still on both ends.

It pays to do your research, like accurascale clearly have!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1