ย 

Class 37, by Accurascale

5 hours ago, Accurascale said:

How about some good news to brighten your day!?ย ๐Ÿ˜
ย 

Arriving into stock within the next couple of weeks are the next three Class 37s from our first run, 37051, 37026 "Shapfell" and 37027 "Loch Eil".
ย 

While they are currently all sold out we may still have a few to go on sale when they arrive, so make sure you click that 'Email me if becomes available' button on our website.
Acc-37051-03.jpg.b327d1a4ebe64957a356e938add5d476.jpg

Acc-37027-03.jpg.aa5f4aed40d754ced301348dcf1c5376.jpg

Acc-37026-02.jpg.cad319f9c21ef38783f4cab6463632bb.jpg

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37

Top one and bottom one in DCC Sound ordered. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Shoey said:

@Andy7 thatโ€™s a great help, thank you very much ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Can I ask, how did you fit the pipes with the white end bits?

Exactly the same as the others, tweezers. There are tiny little holes below the buffers for them, tricky to see but they are there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sooooooo tempted to try nd get 027 but it really is outside of my era and area, but I do have a Deltic and have ordered SEE class 50 so do I or donโ€™t I ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• RMweb Gold

A little R&D. To remove the windscreens, I made a special tool with a cocktail stick held in a pin vice. The end of the cocktail stick was sanded smooth and rounded a little.

ย 

I removed the cabside windows which detach easily, then I exerted gentle pressure at intervals around the edge of the inner screen moulding from the front until it detached.

ย 

Hopefully that makes sense.

ย 

@cairnsroadworksย @sulzer71 FYI

ย 

image.png.15fc1b41c82630bb27842f7b13875394.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Andy7 said:

Exactly the same as the others, tweezers. There are tiny little holes below the buffers for them, tricky to see but they are there.

ย 

@Andy7ย I would never have seen those holes below the buffers had you not have said! Wow they are small ๐Ÿ˜… but all fitted now - thank you very much for your help buddy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I got to Monk Bar Models, in York today, and collected the model of 37423. All I can say is Wow! It is stunning, and Iโ€™m really pleased with the model. There are more coming which Iโ€™ll be adding to the fleet. One very happy modeller here of Tractors.ย 
ย 

Thank you, Accurascale.ย 
ย 

Best regards,

ย 

ย Rob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Has anybody converted one of the new Accurascale 37's to EM or P4. I have 2 sets of EM gauge wheelsets on order but looking at the wheelset retaining clip/cover, it looks a bit of a faff and a bit apprehensive in case of damaging the bogie frames?

ย 

Oh and yes, they are a beast!

IMG20230426154050-01.jpeg

Edited by MP40058
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Has anybody converted one of the new Accurascale 37's to EM or P4. I have 2 sets of EM gauge wheelsets on order but looking at the wheelset retaining clip/cover, it looks a bit of a faff and a bit apprehensive in case of damaging the bogie frames?

ย 

Oh and yes, they are a beast!

IMG20230426154050-01.jpeg

Martin , hopefully someone will provide the information on the conversion before my 027 arrives too (It's Dave off Facebook) , is that rail on the roof bent or broken btw?ย 

IMG20230426154050-01.jpeg.a3f0909a5a3d88927d935898cc0f7e5e.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Martin , hopefully someone will provide the information on the conversion before my 027 arrives too (It's Dave off Facebook) , is that rail on the roof bent or broken btw?ย 

IMG20230426154050-01.jpeg.a3f0909a5a3d88927d935898cc0f7e5e.jpg

Hi Dave. No, its just pushed downwards from being in the foam cradle when fitting the details. Needs a bit of glue on the underside.ย  Regarding the re-gauging - I have just seen the step by step for the Deltic in the support section of the website. I assume the 37 will be exactly the same as they are practically the same bogie type

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Hi Dave. No, its just pushed downwards from being in the foam cradle when fitting the details. Needs a bit of glue on the underside.ย  Regarding the re-gauging - I have just seen the step by step for the Deltic in the support section of the website. I assume the 37 will be exactly the same as they are practically the same bogie type

That's ok then , yeah , I imagine they will be same as the Deltic then

14 hours ago, 97406 said:

A little R&D. To remove the windscreens, I made a special tool with a cocktail stick held in a pin vice. The end of the cocktail stick was sanded smooth and rounded a little.

ย 

I removed the cabside windows which detach easily, then I exerted gentle pressure at intervals around the edge of the inner screen moulding from the front until it detached.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Brave , but I suppose someone had to do it

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Brave , but I suppose someone had to do it

ย 

It was an attempt to make them sit a little flusher in the surround as the lip was a little too pronounced over the centre window, but I found a better approach at the other end which was to leave it in place and give it a little push from behind with the handle of paintbrush at intervals around the edge of the moulding.

ย 

The cab roof horns are a little prone to being caught, but they are metal and a little dab of superglue on the inside of the cab roof where the peg goes through the roof fixes them firm.

ย 

I think this is an excellent model to work on if you fancy converting them into another example.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 97406 said:

ย 

It was an attempt to make them sit a little flusher in the surround as the lip was a little too pronounced over the centre window, but I found a better approach at the other end which was to leave it in place and give it a little push from behind with the handle of paintbrush at intervals around the edge of the moulding.

ย 

The cab roof horns are a little prone to being caught, but they are metal and a little dab of superglue on the inside of the cab roof where the peg goes through the roof fixes them firm.

ย 

I think this is an excellent model to work on if you fancy converting them into another example.

It will be interesting to see what modifications people start doing with them , I'm waiting on 027 but looking at ways to turn it into an Inverness loco

14 hours ago, 97406 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Have you been on to the spares department yet then ๐Ÿคฃ looking forward to seeing how you get rid of the LED taillights and open out the bodyside window.
ย 

edit - just saw your later post and suspect you arenโ€™t doing as major surgery as I suspectedย ๐Ÿคญ

Edited by cairnsroadworks

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Have you been on to the spares department yet then ๐Ÿคฃ looking forward to seeing how you get rid of the LED taillights and open out the bodyside window.
ย 

edit - just saw your later post and suspect you arenโ€™t doing as major surgery as I suspectedย ๐Ÿคญ

ย 

A lot depends on how much spare time I have, which is not a lot at the moment, alas.

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

It will be interesting to see what modifications people start doing with them , I'm waiting on 027 but looking at ways to turn it into an Inverness loco

Iโ€™m waiting for run 3 for the Inverness locos ๐Ÿ˜œ

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, it's not too often I post on this board these days but I feel the need to today.

ย 

I just took delivery of 37419 after not taking a pre-order, (slightly out of my modeling time period) I eventually buckled and found one from a retailer.ย 

Wow!! Absolutely blown away by the fidelity of this model, the standard of fit and finish, everything is just perfect.

Accurascale continues knocking the competition out of the park and I'm still amazed at how they can do it for the money.

Just incredible, please keep doing what you're doing, Fran, MC and all the team Accurascale. Thank you.

ย 

ย 

• Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
On 22/04/2023 at 08:22, vanbasher said:

Now onto the analogue locos, I followed the instructions on the light sheet & have left switches 5 & 6 on & deactivated all the rest, I couldn't work out what the other switches on the blanking plate itself were actually for so if anyone knows please let me know. I love the ease of access to the DCC section on these with just a simple magnetic roof section in the way

This advice proved extremely helpful when my 37 423 arrived this morning, as I would never have guessed that the roof section could be so easily detached and would probably have thought it necessary to remove the whole body to access the blanking plate.

Loco runs beautifully, has been along all my track without stalling or derailling, no bits broken off, and I am delighted with it.

One question re the lighting.ย ย  Main headlight and the smaller right hand one light up in direction of travel while both cabs also light up.ย ย  Should the tail lights also work on analogue?

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

This advice proved extremely helpful when my 37 423 arrived this morning, as I would never have guessed that the roof section could be so easily detached and would probably have thought it necessary to remove the whole body to access the blanking plate.

Loco runs beautifully, has been along all my track without stalling or derailling, no bits broken off, and I am delighted with it.

One question re the lighting.ย ย  Main headlight and the smaller right hand one light up in direction of travel while both cabs also light up.ย ย  Should the tail lights also work on analogue?

When mine wasย  running on DC I had top headlight two marker lights on the front and red tail lights plus lights from the panels in the cab.

Edited by dave56
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

well unfortunately My DCC Sound Concrete Bob is having to be returned for a replacement. Got it on the track and running it when it became really hot. Slight burning motor smell so switched it off and let it cool. Ran it again and its not right, stuttering and smells again as well as wont speed up.ย 
ย 

sent an email to support but confident it will be replaced. im not happy about repairs on a new loco to be fair. Ive got three of these and the other two are spot on. im hopeful that AC carry a stock of replacements in the event this happens.ย 
ย 

Still massively Happy with these locomotives. They are awesome. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
ย 

ย 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Ive got three of these and the other two are spot on. im hopeful that AC carry a stock of replacements in the event this happens.ย 

ย 

ย 

Sorry to hear it! We certainly do retain replacements and iโ€™m sure the team will make it as painless as possible! Normally we dispatch a replacement immediately upon receipt of the return.ย 

Edited by McC
  • Like 5