Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, MP40058 said:

Has anybody managed to remove the chains on these yet?  I will be needing to drop in the EM gauge wheelsets but on looking at chain connections, it doesnt look that starightforward. I know there is a "loosely" based instruction for the Deltic conversion, but  it doesnt clearly show how the chains are removed without butchering them

37 chain removal isn't required for body removal, and you should be able to open the bogies without needing to remove them either, but if you do, they are simply friction fit on pins into the chassis.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, McC said:

37 chain removal isn't required for body removal, and you should be able to open the bogies without needing to remove them either, but if you do, they are simply friction fit on pins into the chassis.

Brilliant, thank you

2 hours ago, McC said:

Innovation and evolutionary. This is why over 90% of my loco purchases are now with Accurascale. Top job chaps. 

i understand the new 55's will also have a similar set up with bogie chains and the chassis friction fit !👍

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Simon,

We need to get the rest of batch 1 here first, with the first Scottish trio still not at our warehouse yet. Batch 2 will likely be early June now, but we will have a full update in the coming days. As I'm sure you appreciate, we are working tirelessly every day to get them here.

Cheers!

Fran 

And the new Accurascale HST is that still slated for late 2024? Can’t find the right thread so just thought I would put it here🙂🙃

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Simon,

We need to get the rest of batch 1 here first, with the first Scottish trio still not at our warehouse yet. Batch 2 will likely be early June now, but we will have a full update in the coming days. As I'm sure you appreciate, we are working tirelessly every day to get them here.

Cheers!

Fran 

Out of interest Fran, whats the hold up, Customs?

I am assuming that Batch 2 is already on the sea? So if it is customs holding it up, your poor warehouse guys could have a double whammy arrival - which knowing Customs, is likely to happen if they are the issue.

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Hello Accurascale.

A few weeks back I had an email asking me to pay for an order for 37001 I have with you with a deposit already paid.

Is this a scam or do you really expect payment with no loco available please?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Not sure why you'd have any concern it's a scam? :)  The invoices are sent out on preorders typically 60-90 days in advance of expected delivery, but are not 'due' until the goods are stock, or just before (which we'll keep you informed of) in order to maintain your position in the packing and shipping queue. Any questions at all, our team are standing by in live chat, email, Facebook and insta DM and more ! 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A mix of logistics and firmware updates to the sound decoders from ESU!

Will this update fix the problem of the spirax valves not working and the lights being on the wrong function compared to what's listed on the card? And will it apply to the sound decoders you're offering after market? And are they still on track for tomorrow as the website says? (Sorry for all the questions)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Dave,

Not sure why you'd have any concern it's a scam? :)  The invoices are sent out on preorders typically 60-90 days in advance of expected delivery, but are not 'due' until the goods are stock, or just before (which we'll keep you informed of) in order to maintain your position in the packing and shipping queue. Any questions at all, our team are standing by in live chat, email, Facebook and insta DM and more ! 

I like this way of paying for pre-orders as it gives you flexibility on when you pay. 

No sudden large amount disappearing because the model has arrived. You pay the invoice amount then sit back and wait for the model to be delivered. Sure, in this day and age of next day delivery you can feel like you haven't got what you paid for. However at least you don't have risk of a failed payment if there is a delay and another bill sucks up the funds.

You are safe in the knowledge that it is paid for and will arrive when it is ready. I'm certain Accurascale will keep us updated as much as they are able.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Will this update fix the problem of the spirax valves not working and the lights being on the wrong function compared to what's listed on the card? And will it apply to the sound decoders you're offering after market? And are they still on track for tomorrow as the website says? (Sorry for all the questions)

Hi Tom,

Yes! Next lot of 37s finally arrive tomorrow. 

The Spirax valves are automated, they're not on a function. The error on the card will be fixed for future models and the corrected one is on our website.

To clarify, the decoders will now arrive next week as they have been reflashed to take account of this firmware update.

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
I hit the wrong button, soz!
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Ive had my sound fitted loco for a few days now and on the whole im happy with it. It does have a few quirks tho which i wonder if its normal.

When i first got it i plonked it in the track and fired it up only for it to cut out mid startup. I couldnt get anything from it until i took it off the track and put it back after 30 seconds or so. I had read on here it happened to another user and i think i saw hattons recommend running iot before putting the sound on. 

So now if i leave it on powered track - basically leaving it for around a minute after turning the layout on its generally ok and starts up fine.

Is it meant to to do this or is it a bug?

2 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Hello Accurascale.

A few weeks back I had an email asking me to pay for an order for 37001 I have with you with a deposit already paid.

Dave

This has spurred me into action as I didn't get an email.  But have now paid  for 37001.  Hope it can be sent by Royal Mail.

• RMweb Gold

Whilst we are talking decoder settings, I have a question.

Will the flashed over decoders come with the ability to turn off headlights leaving only tail lights illuminated?

For me this is currently a bit of an oversight (especially on a class 37 which spends a lot of time in top and tail or pushing mode). I am also assuming the circuit board is clever enough for this to be a mere software mod at the factory.

To antagonise slightly the latest Bachmann 37 and 47 have this ability (their 37 isn’t a match on yours in any other respect though). 

@Accurascale

Edited by Andy7
Added an @

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Ive had my sound fitted loco for a few days now and on the whole im happy with it. It does have a few quirks tho which i wonder if its normal.

When i first got it i plonked it in the track and fired it up only for it to cut out mid startup. I couldnt get anything from it until i took it off the track and put it back after 30 seconds or so. I had read on here it happened to another user and i think i saw hattons recommend running iot before putting the sound on. 

So now if i leave it on powered track - basically leaving it for around a minute after turning the layout on its generally ok and starts up fine.

Is it meant to to do this or is it a bug?

Elsewhere in this mammoth thread it's mentioned - the supercaps need to charge before driving off, so pop it on powered track, wait a minute or so, then try. 

• Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Hello Accurascale.

Dave

We just have to be a bit patient. They will arrive.  I doubt Accurascale want them taking up space in their warehouse any longer than necessary.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1

Daft question time….. I have 37026 & 37043 on the same order. Will they be sent separately as they arrive in the warehouse or will both locos be dispatched together when 043 arrives in a few weeks?

Cheers. 
Bill. 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, billywhizz said:

Daft question time….. I have 37026 & 37043 on the same order. Will they be sent separately as they arrive in the warehouse or will both locos be dispatched together when 043 arrives in a few weeks?

Cheers. 
Bill. 

Default is always to ship by order so do get onto support with the order number if you’d like it split 

• Like 1