Class 37, by Accurascale

10 hours ago, McC said:

Hi Dave,

Not sure why you'd have any concern it's a scam? :)  The invoices are sent out on preorders typically 60-90 days in advance of expected delivery, but are not 'due' until the goods are stock, or just before (which we'll keep you informed of) in order to maintain your position in the packing and shipping queue. Any questions at all, our team are standing by in live chat, email, Facebook and insta DM and more ! 

Firstly, the reason I asked about it being a possible scam is that scams are everywhere these days.

Secondly, how am I to know that you send out invoices 60-90 days in advance?

Thirdly, the email has no mention of not needing to be paid until the loco is in stock.

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Firstly, the reason I asked about it being a possible scam is that scams are everywhere these days.

Thirdly, the email has no mention of not needing to be paid until the loco is in stock.

Dave.

Fourthly ....  mmmmm?????

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Dave.

Hi Dave

The invoice has a due date on it which is typically the expected date of both stock and payment. 

If you’re missing any information do get onto the support team who would be delighted to assist with your specific concerns or requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, Andy7 said:

Whilst we are talking decoder settings, I have a question.

Will the flashed over decoders come with the ability to turn off headlights leaving only tail lights illuminated?

For me this is currently a bit of an oversight (especially on a class 37 which spends a lot of time in top and tail or pushing mode). I am also assuming the circuit board is clever enough for this to be a mere software mod at the factory.

To antagonise slightly the latest Bachmann 37 and 47 have this ability (their 37 isn’t a match on yours in any other respect though). 

@Accurascale

I have re-programmed mine to do the following:

F0 only lights End1 and is the master light switch

F6 is the light engine mode so with that and F0 I light both ends

F18 with F0 on toggles the lit end from End1 to End2

F19 combines instrument panel lights and night headlights (if fitted)

F20 turns the cab lights off (they are normally on but only illuminted when stopped)

F22 is now a shunting mode (Markers - incl top if fitted -  and tails lit both ends irrespective of direction)

F23 is depot lights so no headlights but it does include top marker if fitted

F26 is now parking lights - lights tails both ends if stationary

image.png.c877cb606f685a20ad40bde071223101.png

This is now perfect for push-pull operations either with DBSO/RTOV or top tail and I don't need orientate the loco specifically as I can just toggle the lit end....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

They look lovely. 

As an aside - I'm sure most people know, but I've heard it a couple of times now - 'Eil' is pronounced 'eel' and not 'aisle'!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Solo said:

They look lovely. 

As an aside - I'm sure most people know, but I've heard it a couple of times now - 'Eil' is pronounced 'eel' and not 'aisle'!

And the dog on the side is not a “Scottie”, but a Westie!

• Agree 6

I had the secondman’s seat missing from my 37423 which I had purchased from Rails.  The Accurascale warranty team have been superb and a replacement seat arrived in the post this morning.

Now that’s what I call customer service.

IMG_0032.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alan Oliver said:

Did you not have to send it back to Rails, my 423 was missing a part and it has had to go back to the retailer for them to send it to Accurascale for repairs.

We tend not to repair but replace. If you just need a part sent out you can request it from rails who will pass it onto us. 

• RMweb Gold

Because I bought mine from a retailer I was told spare part’s couldn’t be sent to me and I had to go through the retailer, the retailer was told spare parts couldn’t be sent to him and he had to send it back to Accurascale 

• Friendly/supportive 2

Considering the next trio have landed at Accurascale Towers this thread has gone very quiet. Could Stephen, Fran etc give us a hint as to when these will be sent out? Appreciate it’s probably Siphons before Syphons but I’m going on holiday next week and won’t be home for the DHL delivery. Just my luck really.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

Considering the next trio have landed at Accurascale Towers this thread has gone very quiet. Could Stephen, Fran etc give us a hint as to when these will be sent out? Appreciate it’s probably Siphons before Syphons but I’m going on holiday next week and won’t be home for the DHL delivery. Just my luck really.

We hope to start shipping by morning for the next 37s

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed TMC get enough stock to fulfil my order for 027 , I didn't pre-order it until last month but that said they are still showing it as available to order 

I went for a Shapfell from Rails under similar circumstances. Touch wood, all will be well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed TMC get enough stock to fulfil my order for 027 , I didn't pre-order it until last month but that said they are still showing it as available to order 

I'm surprised you are doubting that AS will deliver the agreed quota to TMC.  We're not talking Hornby here 😉

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, 55020 said:

I'm surprised you are doubting that AS will deliver the agreed quota to TMC.  We're not talking Hornby here 😉

Steve

If they ordered it, they're getting it :) 

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Morning @Accurascale Can you confirm what running numbers have arrived? I have contacted support@ to split my 37 order but the reply indicates 37026 “Shapfell” has not arrived yet. 
Kind regards. 
Bill. 

We have 37026, 37027 and 37051 in hand.