Class 37, by Accurascale

2 hours ago, thetrains said:

The Railway Modeller 37 review today states "the 'Power-pack' capacitor is also fitted as standard on DCC ready versions to cater for interruptions to a12 V dc power supply".  I know nothing about DCC but this does not sound correct to me.  Seems like a bonus if correct for those with iffy track. 

The DCC ready versions have the power pack and small speaker i bilieve.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

The DCC ready versions have the power pack and small speaker i bilieve.

They do but I don’t believe the power packs can be used on DC unless they have some v. clever electronics going on.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, E100 said:

They do but I don’t believe the power packs can be used on DC unless they have some v. clever electronics going on.

You can get capacitors to work on analogue. Hobby Trax, for example, sell ones that fit into DCC Ready 8 pin locomotives. I’ve used them on a Hornby 66 and a Bachmann Plasser crane to boost their pick up of electrical current. I suspect that Accurascale’s is fancier, but still works the same way. 

3 hours ago, thetrains said:

The Railway Modeller 37 review today states "the 'Power-pack' capacitor is also fitted as standard on DCC ready versions to cater for interruptions to a12 V dc power supply". 

At least they’ve noticed it’s fitted to the DCC ready model. Hornby magazine have said, for the Deltic, the 92 and the 37, that DCC sound is fitted with stay alive as an extra feature not found on DCC ready

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

Strange how another manufacturer isn’t getting the same constant “whinge” about their delays even thou they are longer and only tell us every six or so months and still no actual dates, whereas these are actually in the UK and almost here, I just don’t get it

In one case, people are constantly asking because they are very excited and want the models to arrive earlier, despite fully knowing the models will arrive on the same date no matter how hard they ask.

In the other case, people probably are tired of asking, lost hope, lost trust, lost interest - the excitement just isn't there. When the models arrive, it's a moment where you yawn and say "Oh, it's here" and then back to working on other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Knapdale said:

You can get capacitors to work on analogue. Hobby Trax, for example, sell ones that fit into DCC Ready 8 pin locomotives. I’ve used them on a Hornby 66 and a Bachmann Plasser crane to boost their pick up of electrical current. I suspect that Accurascale’s is fancier, but still works the same way. 

Yeah, I know about those (great innovation), however I've not come across one that can work on both DC and DCC as very few obviously have them built in separate to the DCC socket, which is the only way for that to work. Happy to be proved wrong since my electrical knowledge is limited.

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, 37501 said:

Any news of the Scottish 37s being sent out to retailers please?

I understand that the Scottish 37s were due to be shipped from 2nd June, but if Accurascale can give us an update then that would be great! Thanks.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

As no-one appears to have had one or received a despatch email, do you think there's a problem with them? Maybe soggy boxes due to water ingress into the container, just thinking out of the box. (Excuse the pun).

They had been delivered to A/S headquarters last week but were delayed being sent out to customers/retailers

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

They had been delivered to A/S headquarters last week but were delayed being sent out to customers/retailers

Late last week A/S said they would start despatching on Monday, strange how no-one has had one yet, my comment is just a thought. 

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I understand that the Scottish 37s were due to be shipped from 2nd June, but if Accurascale can give us an update then that would be great! Thanks.

The update issued a few days ago stated 37043, 37402 and 37409 will arrive in stock in late June.

Edited by scissors

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, scissors said:

The update issued a few days ago stated 37043, 37402 and 37409 will arrive in stock in late June.

That’s the large logo ones. There are the 2 sector ones and the one in the rather fetching banger blue with white stripe which have landed and were going to be distributed from 2nd June. See P190 of this thread for the official statement.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scissors said:

I believe the questions are being asked about 026/027 + 051 which were being dispatched last week apparently

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

Late last week A/S said they would start despatching on Monday, strange how no-one has had one yet, my comment is just a thought. 

Seriously? That’s “strange” to you? Have you never been rushed off your ars@ at work and stuff slips a couple of days? I don’t see anything strange in the least, logic immediately suggests that they didn’t go Monday after all. Surely?

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

In one case, people are constantly asking because they are very excited and want the models to arrive earlier, despite fully knowing the models will arrive on the same date no matter how hard they ask.

In the other case, people probably are tired of asking, lost hope, lost trust, lost interest - the excitement just isn't there. When the models arrive, it's a moment where you yawn and say "Oh, it's here" and then back to working on other stuff.

Is this seriously normal behaviour? To be beyond excited about getting something and then because of a slight delay be totally “meh” when it arrives? 

When ordered my Alfa from the factory in Italy it was delayed by months, a total of 3 times. Just made me want it more.

For the people who are like you describe, I presume they are from the instant gratification generation?

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

32 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Is this seriously normal behaviour? To be beyond excited about getting something and then because of a slight delay be totally “meh” when it arrives? 

When ordered my Alfa from the factory in Italy it was delayed by months, a total of 3 times. Just made me want it more.

For the people who are like you describe, I presume they are from the instant gratification generation?

I’d challenge anyone who hasn’t already had one to be “meh” when it arrives 😂

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Quite. I’m limbering up for some serious thigh-rubbing when they arrive and I already have one of the first batch to boot. One of them has sound too, with a kit on order for one of the other ones!

Edited by 97406
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Ask the warehouse guys.

*HOW* many do we need to ship?!

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Just noticed I’m the top poster in this thread! Anybody would think I like Class 37s a little bit! 😄

3DF71F48-6782-45B7-A1C7-DBA810175498.jpeg

I thought it was 40s - have you checked how many posts are about 37s v requests for a class 40 🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 9