Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Growling said:

Thanks very much for the reply. Still learning and all that as I was only a youngster when seeing this stuff in that era.

Having looked around on Flickr I can only find 037 as the other Motherwell RF Metals machine with the headlight - albeit it doesn't seem to have got the ML diamond hammer plaque. 

Do you have any insight on 037?

It's a minefield this business!

There must be an encyclopedia on it somewhere!

We have it, in a filing cabinet. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

I got to run my sound fitted 37026 on the club layout tonight and discovered something a bit odd with driving at low speed for the likes of coupling up. With sound on the loco won't start moving until I get up to speed step 3 on the controller and then have to back down to speed step 1 to have it just crawl but with sound off it will start to crawl at speed step 1 straight away. No need to go up to step 3 first.

Can someone else try this to see if it's the same and not just my loco being daft.

We are using the Lenz set 200 with LH101 hand sets on Euxton Junction.

Carl

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Waiting for my 37043's patiently but got a couple of questions for the 37/0 owners.

Is there a wheelslip sound on this model?  I've seen videos of the the 4's having a slippy time but not 37/0s.

Also regarding the stay alive. Does the power stay until its used up by moving or is it time determined. By that I mean if I drive the Loco into a bay platform with track power issues. Will the Loco only stay live for say 10 seconds or if its stationary and I try to move a minute later has the stored power gone?  I'm assuming the latter 🤔 

On 15/06/2023 at 13:45, G-BOAF said:

Just somehow found a slot for a pre-order of 409 and paid a despot at a model shop. Hopefully it sticks

Probably shouldn't have done with a manor on the way as well. But given that this particular loco is now semi-preserved with LSL it seemed a safe bet for a long future life (albeit probably in a different livery).

Just need to flog my two 2010-ish era Bachmann models now...

I presume the Scottie Dog logo shown in the livery samples on the AS website is an error/photoshop from the 37402 model?

I've love a Dog, but from what I can see its not prototypical.

Nor is it prototypical on 37409...

• RMweb Gold

027 arrived and very pleased with the look although a friend pointed out shouldn’t the railings be flush as hinges on the roof rather than raised up as handrails? I’ll admit something I’d not noticed until he raised it. 

IMG_5021.jpeg.c0aa6802a30d2c741060147ab8024f88.jpeg

An easy enough fix but asking for future runs assembly. 

2004-07-07 37057 Salisbury to Reading (11)

2004-07-07 37057 Salisbury to Reading (4)

Eastleigh 25-10-18

37099 Salisbury 2020-11-19

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

One little bit of advice and feedback regarding applying the detail pack is that I recommend removing some of the paint off the little peg on the pipework that goes in the hole in the buffer beam with a small file or wet and dry. This is because the glue sticks to the paint, but the paint doesn’t always key in firmly to the smooth plastic of the part.

I also had the same problem handling the 3 piece snowploughs, where the blade came away from the mounting piece assembled at the factory. I handled the ploughs perhaps more than normal as a couple weren’t quite straight after my first attempt so I re did them, and I glued them back together. When I do the detailing on 37043, I may use epoxy for the ploughs rather than superglue as it allows you to reposition the items whilst the glue cures. I will still probably use superglue for the other pipework. Some use PVA, but I’ve had more pipes come away with that on other models. 

20230617_053545.jpg

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm guessing what you mean is just the centre one moves? If so then this may be the way I go about it if I can use it with a Kadee

No, all 3 are moving. They are made as one piece.  Kadee shouldn't be a problem as the coupling sits on the bit which goes into the NEM pocket. And this is the same for every type of NEM compatible coupling.  Would show you a photo, but as my granddaughter is here over the weekend Opa (German for granddad) leaves his trains in the cupboard... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Vecchio said:

Would show you a photo, but as my granddaughter is here over the weekend Opa (German for granddad) leaves his trains in the cupboard... 🙂

The most sensible statement made ever😉

Roy 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

One thing about the snow ploughs - the cebtre ones were heartily disliked *hated might be n more accurate) by anyone who had to go in between to couple a loco.  So they had - in many parts of the country - a tendency to get mislaid (although need in Scotland might have been a bit different maybe??)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Here’s 051 easing some PTAs through the Ore loader … excellent running qualities,  the sound especially when on heavy train mode is just right…..  handles 15 PTAs no problem. 
Jez

IMG_3600.jpeg

Edited by Mr Pix
  • Like 2

Hello. No mithering or meh here, just wondering what the turn around on the unrefurbed sound decoders is? I can’t see in the thread if they are in stock yet.  Think I ordered it about a week ago when I realised I’d only ordered a DC loco!  Got the loco yesterday from rails, currently running it on DC. Love it!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Hello. No mithering or meh here, just wondering what the turn around on the unrefurbed sound decoders is? I can’t see in the thread if they are in stock yet.  Think I ordered it about a week ago when I realised I’d only ordered a DC loco!  Got the loco yesterday from rails, currently running it on DC. Love it!

They are all in stock for next day delivery so I’d recommend checking your account at accurascale.com to make sure all is in order or reaching out to our support team. 

Edited by McC
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, McC said:

They are all in stock for next day delivery so if recommend chekcong your account at accurascale.com to make sure all is in order or reaching out to our support team. 

Ah. Well, ordered on 7th June so something has gone awry!  Have emailed support@.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Ah. Well, ordered on 7th June so something has gone awry!  Have emailed support@.

I understand that if you ordered the decoder (in stock) with an Accurathrash speaker (not showing in stock at the moment) then both items would ship when the speaker comes in by default. However they will split and send the decoders in advance if you ask them to.

Edited by 97406

17 hours ago, Growling said:

Thanks very much for the reply. Still learning and all that as I was only a youngster when seeing this stuff in that era.

Having looked around on Flickr I can only find 037 as the other Motherwell RF Metals machine with the headlight - albeit it doesn't seem to have got the ML diamond hammer plaque. 

Do you have any insight on 037?

It's a minefield this business!

There must be an encyclopedia on it somewhere!

I'm honestly still learning too , I believe 037 had double rivetted banding across the roof whereas 051 was single rivetted , tbh unless you're going to be looking at it close up I don't think you would notice it 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I understand that if you ordered the decoder (in stock) with an Accurathrash speak (not showing in stock at the moment) then both items would ship when the speaker comes in by default. However they will split and send the decoders in advance if you ask them to.

I was lucky enough to get a speaker in the sale at the start of the year, so it’s just the decoder for me.

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, cs233 said:

A very fine model indeed, sadly arrived with no windscreen fitted at one end. Have already been in contact with support to notifyIMG20230615144402.jpg.faa3137ae9942d692719c18b256974b0.jpg

It’s interesting to observe the slight bevel on the glazing unit inside the cab which is what reduces the prismatic effect of the glazing massively. Clever stuff.

The glazing could be stuck back in with some acrylic varnish or canopy glue, but only if you’ve done that sort of thing before and feel comfortable doing so.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, zoomer1979 said:

Took me a while to figure out what the four small black pegs are in the detail pack, then realised it's for the centre snowplough holes if you fit the NEM mounted versions. Attention to detail is off the scale!

Neil.

2 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Please forgive me but what are these for and where do they go, might sound and look really obvious but id like to know for reference. 

IMG_6292.jpeg.503e59addfb29faf3b26fe69f4bb63c5.jpeg

😊

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Please forgive me but what are these for and where do they go, might sound and look really obvious but id like to know for reference. 

IMG_6292.jpeg.503e59addfb29faf3b26fe69f4bb63c5.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

😊

I can see the carpet monster having them!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

I can't believe no one has mentioned the addition of the characteristic field divert that is something unique to the generator fitted examples. The first time this has featured on any sound file. Brilliant.

I did try (although not authentic with modern 419) 026+419 in a pair on a rake of ICI hoppers. Both performed very well as a pair despite the slightly different characteristics. 

Very impressed with my 3. I'm just glad 90's era 37's are being drip fed to help my bank balance!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1