Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, wairoa said:

Now if ACS would consider fantasy paint schemes, we could have a never-ending roadmap of Class 37s. Add an extra '0' to that 500.   🙃

They’re also still on the mainline still being freshly repainted!

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Yes (older tooling) and filed the lenses to fit more flush into the box.

I did look at this option as I managed to break the grab irons on the headcode boxes on one of mine at the weekend so now waiting to see if A/S can supply the spares , the only thing that put me off using the Bachmann ones is that the hinges on the cover don't match up with those on the Accurascale model

Edited by sulzer71

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has been covered before...

I've been tinkering around setting up the DCC lighting functions on my sound-fitted 37026.  Just changing the function numbers that are assigned to various lighting features, that sort of thing.  Now I find that all the lighting has stopped working, even the bits I haven't changed.  I've been using JMRI software to do this, programming on the main.  I've also tried the same via the programming track.  Never had any issues doing this before with other Loksound V5 and V4 fitted locos.

Any suggestions what I've done to upset it?

Cheers,

Roge.

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, birdbath said:

Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has been covered before...

I've been tinkering around setting up the DCC lighting functions on my sound-fitted 37026.  Just changing the function numbers that are assigned to various lighting features, that sort of thing.  Now I find that all the lighting has stopped working, even the bits I haven't changed.  I've been using JMRI software to do this, programming on the main.  I've also tried the same via the programming track.  Never had any issues doing this before with other Loksound V5 and V4 fitted locos.

Any suggestions what I've done to upset it?

Cheers,

Roge.

You might need to do a reset (back to factory settings)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

For those who want fantasy or ficticious liverys,there is a way......buy a few of these and have them done to your desired sceem,get them run main line and Accurascale might consider it, if you know Elon Musk it might help you as today is his birthday and he might like a 37 or two in spacex or tesla colours..........

https://www.directrailservices.com/locos-offered-for-sale/

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Blimey, people will try to sell anything.

Let us know what you get for it Mick........:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

For those who want fantasy or ficticious liverys,there is a way......buy a few of these and have them done to your desired sceem,get them run main line and Accurascale might consider it, if you know Elon Musk it might help you as today is his birthday and he might like a 37 or two in spacex or tesla colours..........

Or by some Hornby class 37s - they are usually based in fantasy. 🤣

32 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

You might need to do a reset (back to factory settings)

Yeah, that was the fall back position!

just wondered if there was anything obvious I was missing.

at least a reset will prove it isn’t anything physical which has gone wrong.

cheers.

• Agree 1

On 27/06/2023 at 10:19, mallaig1983 said:

Hi folks, I’ve had a busy weekend at a 3 day gala so have lost track of this thread ever so slightly so I thought I’d just ask this question here and hopefully your answers can help many others too. I have two 027s on the layout so obviously one is going to get renumbered. I wonder if those who have already done this to your brand new and very special and quite expensive new toys would be kind enough to share what you used to remove the printed numbers? It would be a useful resource to have a few opinions and how you feel about the ease, results etc. At 250 quid these are good value for money but it’s still a fair outlay and I really don’t want to make a mess of it.

id be very grateful to you for sharing your hints and tips.

Thanks.

Always works for me! T-cut and a cotton bud. And if you are very careful, T-cut and a cocktail stick as it's quicker.

Bill.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

Hi, 

Having probs finding both the flange squeal and wheelslip on 37 027. It simply just isn't there. How do I access the Cv's via my Prodigy 2.

Bill.

We haven’t got tge wheel slip on 027 Bill so you won’t find that. It’s an either/or depending on which

model you have. Flange squeal should be on F11 if all is as it should be.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Help, my sound fitted 37051 doesn’t make sound, the motor works the lights work but when I tried to start it I got a second of startup then it cut out and nothing since, all I get is a crackling sound I have reset cv8 a few times and it makes no difference, I have asked Accurascale but all they could suggest is reset cv8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

We haven’t got tge wheel slip on 027 Bill so you won’t find that. It’s an either/or depending on which

model you have. Flange squeal should be on F11 if all is as it should be.

Okay! Didn't know about the wheelslip. Can't hear flange squeal. I believe it is set of when the loco detects a curve in the track! But can I access it via my Prodigy?

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

Okay! Didn't know about the wheelslip. Can't hear flange squeal. I believe it is set of when the loco detects a curve in the track! But can I access it via my Prodigy?

You can’t ‘play’ the squeal as it needs the hall sensors in the bogies to detect a curve while the loco is moving. 

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Alan Oliver said:

Help, my sound fitted 37051 doesn’t make sound, the motor works the lights work but when I tried to start it I got a second of startup then it cut out and nothing since, all I get is a crackling sound I have reset cv8 a few times and it makes no difference, I have asked Accurascale but all they could suggest is reset cv8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A reset is the usual first step. Drop us back details and ideally a short video and we can help diagnose and replace anything if required 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, McC said:

You can’t ‘play’ the squeal as it needs the hall sensors in the bogies to detect a curve while the loco is moving. 

Hi,

I was aware of that and mentioned this in the original post. Might the sensors be at fault. Can't I access the CV myself?

10 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

Hi,

I was aware of that and mentioned this in the original post. Might the sensors be at fault. Can't I access the CV myself?

Sorry if this is a silly question Bill but have you run it round a curve with F11 actioned? It won’t work on the straight, rolling road etc.

1 hour ago, mallaig1983 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question Bill but have you run it round a curve with F11 actioned? It won’t work on the straight, rolling road etc.

Yep! Ran it through the crossover of two points and the curve leading to fiddle yard.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Dunmar said:

Yep! Ran it through the crossover of two points and the curve leading to fiddle yard.

Is F11 set to momentary or as a switch on your DCC system? Most are switch by default but it’s worth checking your manual to see if some are momentary. 
If everyone put brake on the same function that would be great for setting it to momentary but it’s on F2, 5 & 7 on different decoders I have and I can’t remap all of them easily. 

• Like 1

Definitely a problem then Bill. It’s normally a very reactive thing. Hope you get it sorted. I’m sorry I can’t help anymore but cv changing or checking is not something I’ve got into yet. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Is F11 set to momentary or as a switch on your DCC system? Most are switch by default but it’s worth checking your manual to see if some are momentary. 
If everyone put brake on the same function that would be great for setting it to momentary but it’s on F2, 5 & 7 on different decoders I have and I can’t remap all of them easily. 

It’s switch on the prodigy advance. That’s what I use. Which leads to another question for Bill and apologies again if it’s a daft one but you’re not using the Prodigy Express are you?  If it’s a Prodigy advanced does ‘F11’  display on the screen and stay on the screen?

48 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

It’s switch on the prodigy advance. That’s what I use. Which leads to another question for Bill and apologies again if it’s a daft one but you’re not using the Prodigy Express are you?  If it’s a Prodigy advanced does ‘F11’  display on the screen and stay on the screen?

I have had a 37423 and the flange squeal did not work. I changed some CVs that someone had suggested to operate the taillights as by the function card... and hey presto... F11 suddenly became active! If I find these I will let you know.

• Like 5

On 27/06/2023 at 19:52, G-BOAF said:

Proof it is increasingly hard to backdate such specifically detailed models withouy major work and likely a repaint.

That is the thing, these Accurascale models have nothing generic about them. They are all unique. Yes I have to lose some roof rivets on the 109 I converted, but no issue if you dont mind the extra work. Reworked Alycidon into 2012 RSG and the amount of work involved, quarter light windows, position of ETH socket and a can of silver paint didnt sort. Anyway, awaiting x2 402 locos, missed out on 409 so easy conversion there, however the conversation to 424 needing alot of work, adding bodyside window, losing a lamp bracket, oval buffers at one end, square at other etc...

20230616_230746.jpg

20230616_230420.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1