Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

I think it’s probably unwashed grime… D6992 roof

Yes, it’s dirt/clag. The classic EE bonnet top pattern as well where more of the blue shows nearer the windscreens due to aerodynamics and cleaning the screens.

Edited by 97406
Poor quoting skills, apologies to Eric Alltorque
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

043 arrived tofay.

Think i prefer the yellow used by Bachmann for the ends as these seem a bit "lemonie" in shade but who knows maybe the Bachmann yellow is the wrong shade.

Cant believe how heavy the loco is though.  A real feel of heft and quality.

I thought that too, but it’s a perfect match for Railmatch pre-84 yellow so there is some evidence of its accuracy. I prefer the more yellowy yellows of later years aesthetically.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Yes, it’s dirt/clag. The classic EE bonnet top pattern as well where more of the blue shows nearer the windscreens due to aerodynamics and cleaning the screens.

3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

I think it’s probably unwashed grime… D6992 roof

Thanks folks, will have to add them when it arrives.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, iow o2 said:

I have 6992 on order but did they have grey/black roofs as in pic below from Flickr by Graham Wareham or is it just very even dirt? Accus one has blue roof in the cad pic order pic. Thanks69922.jpg.4b50862f1230b2b680d3cb86a2ae7925.jpg

Im sure Accurascales resident expert will have scrutinised this before they have commited to making the model,possibly having pictures to suit,or Patrick will be facing a term in the stocks,keep the faith brother.

• Agree 1

Conundrum - do I purchase 37402 if it comes up for sale tomorrow (or in the next few days), purchase sound decoder and speaker for 37409, OR buy a Revolution Caroline to run with 37409? Wallet can only afford one of those three options.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Conundrum - do I purchase 37402 if it comes up for sale tomorrow (or in the next few days), purchase sound decoder and speaker for 37409, OR buy a Revolution Caroline to run with 37409? Wallet can only afford one of those three options.

So I would personally go for DCC ready 409 and Caroline if funds can stretch. It'll be hard to get either I would imagine going forward. On the flipside a speaker and chip will be around for sometime. You could add the chip and speaker later as funds allow.

Just realised you may have meant your budget was ~£170 rather than ~£300. In which case I would actually be more tempted by Caroline. I doubt they'll do another run and you get a complete train. The speaker and chip should have decent availability going forward. 402 would be a nice extra but you will probably be able to pick up another 37/4 in future years.

Edited by E100
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

043 arrived tofay.

Think i prefer the yellow used by Bachmann for the ends as these seem a bit "lemonie" in shade but who knows maybe the Bachmann yellow is the wrong shade.

Cant believe how heavy the loco is though.  A real feel of heft and quality.

To my mind Accurascale have it spot on. Too many banger blue locos have been released with the later warning panel yellow which is so wrong to my eyes. If a loco is to represent pre-84, it should be more lemony. 

Roy

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AussieEE said:

Today 37402 completed the long journey downunder. Looking forward to my next running day at the club. Two down, four to go. Bring on the class 37/6s 🙂

Once again the cats like the present from Accurascale hahaha.

20230801_085838.jpg

Accurascale make kittens now?? I hope it makes all the right sounds.  😈😉

Edited by SRman
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Been quite slow to look at the release of the class 37/0 in sector livery mainly due to work been so busy. Started to look at some of the stuff on the web and you tube about them. Looks like I’ve missed the opportunity to get 37026 or 37051.

Although I guess the latter is the only one for the Sector period that will have passed through York is 37026. 

4 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Where does the decoder go? ..................

There’s a socket at the rear………….

sorry, I had to say it….. you baited me!

Edited by Andy Mac
Edit
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Where does the decoder go? ..................

The decoder fitting is easy if you are quick. There is a port on the bottom. The stay alive however can frequently be fatal which obviously defeats the point.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Is there any update or best guess when final stock of this batch is going on sale

I wouldn't expect Accurascale would release the final stock until they can be sure that all pre-orders have been met and none lost along the way.

I phoned my retailer this morning to ask where's my 37 409 and was told they have no information on it but will look into it and phone me back.  So far they haven't done so.

Edited by cessna152towser
typo
  • Friendly/supportive 1