Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Only the sugar cube style one on the underside of the circuit board , needs the Accurathrash EM1 fitting too

Exactky that. To match the sound spec just add the loksound and accurathrash speaker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, stratford 47 said:

Thought I’d share these pictures with you!

Recently got 37425 weathered by GC weathering and I think it looks stunning! A fantastic model and GC weathering are one of the best weathering services for diesel and electric in my opinion!

B020A911-356D-47B8-A2AF-094D996C4EC8.jpeg.5e8f2b802a87c3da945fdaadbe9d2260.jpeg0B6E6EF3-E839-43FC-BA09-DCD1EB39C715.jpeg.fcfee75dd82bb7ad79434b5ac47fc39f.jpeg94D68E0E-FEAA-4ED6-B117-995B093D0206.jpeg.565f4420dc8c01ae151f624e3d472f9e.jpeg

You are a very talented photographer!

• Agree 1

Got an email yesterday afternoon alerting me to the fact that 37/4 sound chips were back in stock.

Ordered ASAP.

DHL delivered before noon today. Luckily package fitted through letterbox as they were two hours earlier than promised and I was out.

That is what you call Accurascale service!

Many Thanks

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My turn for a question that's probably answered in the thread somewhere...

Is there any difference between the refurbished version of the sound chips available now, compared to one bought in June? If so, what are the changes please?

Ta :)

8 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

My turn for a question that's probably answered in the thread somewhere...

Is there any difference between the refurbished version of the sound chips available now, compared to one bought in June? If so, what are the changes please?

Ta :)

Flange squeal should work off the sensor now. I’m yet to test mine as I’m in work but I’m also hoping there’s now a cold start (have asked a couple times but never had an answer as to if the recording session was successful or now) but not expecting it as nothing has officially been said

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway

Update as I’m now home from work and have DCC fitted 37 402 with the chip.

no cold start has been added :/, but more annoyingly the flange squeal is now having a different issue? All seems to be working when the loco first receives power and sets off (F11 active, but no sound). the loco gets to a curve, and the squeal activates, Hurray! Then the loco clears the curve and is back in a straight, but the squeal persists? And now is functioning like a Normal flange squeal where it’s sounding when ever F11 is active, until the chip losses power completely and then gains it again. Which just restarts the cycle. Any suggestions as to CV’s that can be changed to fix this? I don’t have any of the lok-programmer kit as my normal decoder of choice is Zimo :/

Update:

Curiosity and me just want it to work got the better of me so I opened the model up to have a look, turns out it was some gear box lubricant that had made its way onto the sensor contacts, cleaned it up and now all works correctly. Now just the task of re-assembling the beast.

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway
Update
  • Informative/Useful 1

Absolutely love this Model Loco. It has been running perfect for the last couple of days but now it has developed a random surge of speed. I'm going to try the decoder reset in the hope that it makes everything OK again. 

IMG_20230729_145315.jpg

Edited by Moley48
  • Like 1

Well, my 37043 arrived in Toronto on Wednesday from Rails, collected from the post office after the tax man was paid yesterday, and today started to explore it. It seems, it mostly survived its trip around the world well. One buffer was loose laying in the bubble, and one of the small wire steps that is behind the plow is missing (and tbh I can’t be sure if it was off from when it arrived or if I knocked it off installing the plow and cables). I’ll send an email to Accurascale support about that, hopefully can combine a replacement step with the crew figures when they come into stock.

Thus far, I am quite pleased with it in terms of appearance, the sound is fantastic, the large speakers really do make such a difference in how a locomotive sounds. The only problem I’ve had to be honest is I realized I can’t give it the locomotive address I would normally give a 5 digit UK loco of the last 4 digits as I already have a 7043 on my layout!

I am also, more than pleasantly surprised at how easy getting the shell off is without damaging detailed hoses and chains beneath the body line. I’ve wrestled with too many locomotives where taking it apart for servicing is a near impossibility, not here. It’s a pleasant change.

Looking forward to running it in on the rollers tomorrow and then finding a home for it in the display cases until a suitable diorama for it to be on is completed.

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON

IMG_5776.jpeg

IMG_5777.jpeg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, sjgardiner said:

... snipped ...

The only problem I’ve had to be honest is I realized I can’t give it the locomotive address I would normally give a 5 digit UK loco of the last 4 digits as I already have a 7043 on my layout!

Addressing with four digits can produce some anomalies, especially if you mix eras, as I do. With TOPS numbering on diesel and electric locomotives, I usually use the first digits (class number) and the last two digits, but that's not foolproof either. Consider two locomotives I have: 66 022 and 66 522, where both would end up as 6622. Seeing as both are from the same era, that's untenable, so one is 6622 and the other is 522, although 66 022 may get renumbered to get past the problem altogether. With steam I use the last four digits, but there again I ended up with three locomotives from the same era clashing: Merchant Navy 35012, class 71 electric E5012, and class 24 diesel D5012 all end up as 5012 - the easiest option there was to renumber the 71 and the 24, seeing as the MN is a named locomotive.

Don't get me started on the DMU and EMU numbering! 🤣

Now, back on topic, I have succumbed and ordered another Accurascale class 37, this time the Railfreight Distribution 37 026, 'Shapfell'. I found that Trains4U had some, but I could not get past the checkout as they couldn't provide any courier or mail options, so I gave up on them and found another on AJM's site. I know AJM had problems for a while but she seems to be back on deck properly now, so fingers crossed, that will turn up soon and I'll order a sound decoder to go with it. I already have a few Accurathrash speakers stored up here.

Edited by SRman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SRman said:

Addressing with four digits can produce some anomalies, especially if you mix eras, as I do. With TOPS numbering on diesel and electric locomotives, I usually use the first digits (class number) and the last two digits, but that's not foolproof either. Consider two locomotives I have: 66 022 and 66 522, where both would end up as 6622. Seeing as both are from the same era, that's untenable, so one is 6622 and the other is 522, although 66 022 may get renumbered to get past the problem altogether. With steam I use the last four digits, but there again I ended up with three locomotives from the same era clashing: Merchant Navy 35012, class 71 electric E5012, and class 24 diesel D5012 all end up as 5012 - the easiest option there was to renumber the 71 and the 24, seeing as the MN is a named locomotive.

Don't get me started on the DMU and EMU numbering! 🤣

The pesky challenges of a 4 digit dcc system that works great for North America  4 digit numbering but less so with longer numbers!

I wound up going with 3743 and dropped the zero. Given the limited number of locomotives in my layout, that doesn’t clash with any CN or CP number I am likely to use as that number series on both is not a loco I would model.

I know think the class 37 won’t negotiate my layout designed for 4 axle first generation diesels and 0-6-0 steam, but I do like to get my larger locos out and my British models and let them at least run and provide an audio backdrop to workbench time!

Stephen

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, sjgardiner said:

The pesky challenges of a 4 digit dcc system that works great for North America  4 digit numbering but less so with longer numbers!

I wound up going with 3743 and dropped the zero. Given the limited number of locomotives in my layout, that doesn’t clash with any CN or CP number I am likely to use as that number series on both is not a loco I would model.

I know think the class 37 won’t negotiate my layout designed for 4 axle first generation diesels and 0-6-0 steam, but I do like to get my larger locos out and my British models and let them at least run and provide an audio backdrop to workbench time!

Stephen

3743 was already used for 37430, so 37043 became 3704 on my Power Cab. The ECoS allows 5 digit numbers but it will set you back a good £600 or so. I have a similar issue with 86205 and 86251. I normally drop the first zero out the last 3 digits of the number so I preserve the class as the first 2 digits. Where there is no zero in the last 3 digits, I just use the first 4 numbers, so 40135 becomes 4013. I have only the above 2 clashes with the numbering so far, by sheer luck!

Confused? You will be!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

Hello all,

I received my first two class 37/0 027 and 043. I am very disappointed by the sound of the brakes and the horns which I find of very poor quality. Yet I'm more a fan of ESU than ZIMO, but I prefer the sound of Bachmann (horns and brake). For the rest and especially the operation, they are perfect.

Have a good day. 

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Edited by Module00
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Module00 said:

I am very disappointed by the sound of the brakes and the horns which I find of very poor quality. Yet I'm more a fan of ESU than ZIMO, but I prefer the sound of Bachmann (horns and brake).

That's purely a function of what Accurascale have recorded and given to us, it has nothing to do with ESU vs Zimo.  Although I suspect you know that, I want to head of the impending decoder manufacturer debate at the pass 😂

Steve

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

37051 superbly weathered by Andrew Wills

Once I get brave enough, that's the sort of effect I want to achieve on 37 026 when I eventually receive it. Very nice. 👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, 97406 said:

3743 was already used for 37430, so 37043 became 3704 on my Power Cab. The ECoS allows 5 digit numbers but it will set you back a good £600 or so. I have a similar issue with 86205 and 86251. I normally drop the first zero out the last 3 digits of the number so I preserve the class as the first 2 digits. Where there is no zero in the last 3 digits, I just use the first 4 numbers, so 40135 becomes 4013. I have only the above 2 clashes with the numbering so far, by sheer luck!

Confused? You will be!

Yep, there is no satisfactory answer to turning 5 digits into 4. If there is a number clash and you modify the number of one loco, you have to remember which you modified and how you modified it. With decoders becoming ever more sophisticated, would it be all that difficult to provide five-digit addressing or, better yet, six?

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, No Decorum said:

Yep, there is no satisfactory answer to turning 5 digits into 4. If there is a number clash and you modify the number of one loco, you have to remember which you modified and how you modified it. With decoders becoming ever more sophisticated, would it be all that difficult to provide five-digit addressing or, better yet, six?

Best solution is a DCC system with a descriptive entry for the loco rather than using the address. For the addreess itself I use the last four numbers which seems to avoid clashes IME.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

DCC is not my scene but if you used the lasted 4 digits of a BR Class identifier numbered loco that will surely be a unique number.  This any Class 37 would have a 4 digit number starting with 7 then its unique 3 digit running number.

Obviously get more complex if diesel shunters are involved or steam outline models. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

DCC is not my scene but if you used the lasted 4 digits of a BR Class identifier numbered loco that will surely be a unique number.  This any Class 37 would have a 4 digit number starting with 7 then its unique 3 digit running number.

Obviously get more complex if diesel shunters are involved or steam outline models. 

... or EMUs and DMUs as well.

59 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

What happens if you have 37001, 47001, 57001 and 67001? 😜

Ed

• Like 2
  • Agree 3