Class 37, by Accurascale

8 hours ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

I received mine today. Fitted both within 5 minutes of them arriving so they are good for plug and play. The only issue I have is that my 3 factory fitted sound all perform faultlessly with the volume set at 192.

The accurathrash speaker doesn't want to play above 150. I have switched decoders and speakers between 3 of the locos and whichever loco the accurathrash speaker was in, no go above 150.

Slightly dissapointed as I wanted a factory fitted in the first place. 

It is still a great set up, but my experience from today is that it isn't as good as the standard factory fitted models.

Same issue I've had , 1st one I bought was factory sound , no issues at 192 , all my subsequent ones I've fitted sound to don't want to play at much above 150

29 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Same issue I've had , 1st one I bought was factory sound , no issues at 192 , all my subsequent ones I've fitted sound to don't want to play at much above 150

Both my factory fitted ones had the same issue of shutting down almost immediately after pressing f1. Turned the volume down to 145 and they are much better. I’m actually much happier with the volume at that level. 

• RMweb Gold

has anyone fitted non ESU decoders? i've fitted a Lais and it was happy for days, then yesterday the loco just stopped, lights stayed on but zero control. Reset the decoder nothing, put another decoder and nothing, same result. I've got the ESU decoder from AS coming today so see what happens but i wont be very impressed if the loco has cooked two decoders.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

has anyone fitted non ESU decoders? i've fitted a Lais and it was happy for days, then yesterday the loco just stopped, lights stayed on but zero control. Reset the decoder nothing, put another decoder and nothing, same result. I've got the ESU decoder from AS coming today so see what happens but i wont be very impressed if the loco has cooked two decoders.

Have you confirmed the required power requirements for an Accurascale Class 37? Is it that the loco needs more power than an Lais decoder supplies and  the decoders do not have overload protection built in?

It seems these days we expect to chuck any decoder in a loco as long as the functions are right, but the power requirements still need to be considered.

Roy 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Have you confirmed the required power requirements for an Accurascale Class 37? Is it that the loco needs more power than an Lais decoder supplies and  the decoders do not have overload protection built in?

It seems these days we expect to chuck any decoder in a loco as long as the functions are right, but the power requirements still need to be considered.

Roy 

good point Roy, i'll check this. you are right if we rewind a few years vey few loco's had specific power requirements (above the norm), with the tech now been piled in that has increased and budget decoders might not be applicable (AS loco's seem to be power hungry).

• Like 1

Saw these two while coming into Derby Station yesterday, there were two more 37's, but they were on the other side of the train I was on.

37901 Mirrlees Pioneer and 37608 Andromeda.

Andromeda.jpg

Mirrlees Pioneer.jpg

Edited by Smudge617
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, Chris Rowe 37419 said:

I received mine today. Fitted both within 5 minutes of them arriving so they are good for plug and play. The only issue I have is that my 3 factory fitted sound all perform faultlessly with the volume set at 192.

The accurathrash speaker doesn't want to play above 150. I have switched decoders and speakers between 3 of the locos and whichever loco the accurathrash speaker was in, no go above 150.

Slightly dissapointed as I wanted a factory fitted in the first place. 

It is still a great set up, but my experience from today is that it isn't as good as the standard factory fitted models.

Hi Chris

I had same problem but did manage to get improvement by changing CV32 = 1 and then CV259 = 255

hope that helps

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Hi Chris

I had same problem but did manage to get improvement by changing CV32 = 1 and then CV259 = 255

hope that helps

John

That's useful to know. I did wonder if the individual sound slot volume settings were different (factory fitted v separately supplied decoder).

It might be worth checking and making a comparison when first installed. I seem to remember something about 'sound clipping' of the amplifier if the individual sound slot volume settings are too high, then the master volume CV setting is limited.

15 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Understood there are no external switches, but is there a DC-operated-only dip switch setting to permit illumination of the dashboard, cab lights, interior body lighting?

I believe these are all available to those operating DCC / digital locomotive running, so I'm assuming the circuitry / leds are present in the DCC-ready locomotive, as mine is?

Al.

Bump - anyone?  - already discussed?

Thanks,

Al.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Bump - anyone?  - already discussed?

Thanks,

Al.

The internal lighting is all on logic circuits, so not accessible on DC. The DC switches control the head / tail lighting - full details are in the Manual provided with the loco.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, tlm said:

To G-BOAF - I've had the same rocking issue with 4 so far.

It was so bad on one of them that in exasperation I sent Accurascale a video to prove it. The response was not what I anticipated. I have pasted it below exactly at it appeared (typo et al), without comment . . . . ! 

To stop the rocking you can place a small thin peice of plasticard under the two
pins on each side of the bogie and this will stop it. The two pins can
been seen if you look at the bogie and chassis, where the bogie tower
goes up in to the chassis block. 

I had the same rocking/wobble issue with my first and replacement loco and also sent them a video.

This time I was told it was designed this way to run on the track properly.

Never heard this the first time and no other loco in my collection does this...

Other folk seem to have no issues though.

Also, this time I learned you need to cut/shorten the sanding pipes yourself, if they cause issues on your layout...

That reminds me of a certain software company saying "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

Is the lovely green box for the exclusive D6703? Looks rather smart but what’s in the box is even better. 

I’m really looking forward to getting mine to run on Glencoe in green mode. 

IMG_5695.jpeg

• Like 11