Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, polybear said:

I'm still waiting for my D6702 - ordered and deposit paid (I have a receipt) via the DPS.  Is anyone else in the same position?

Brian

Since we’ve not shipped any yet (in the warehouse as posted above) everyone is in the same position at the moment. We greatly appreciate your patience. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Since we’ve not shipped any yet (in the warehouse as posted above) everyone is in the same position at the moment. We greatly appreciate your patience. 

Hi McC,

That's excellent news - many thanks for the update; I really thought I'd been forgotten and somehow missed out.  I don't follow this thread in detail so apologies if it's been mentioned above already.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Based on pervious releases, I'd expect my D6700 with locomotion from this batch to be here towards the end of next week or start of the week after and probably similar for other retail orders. I wouldn't be asking what's happening until at least after that time. I suspect this'll be a very large batch like the others so will take a fair amount of time to break down and ship out both for Accurascale and the retailers, esepcially when the all important QA is taken into account.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I know this has been covered somewhere but I can't find it - the speaker clips needs screws - I have two locos to do - what size are they and where can they be obtained? Surprised they were omitted frankly.

Chris H

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

I know this has been covered somewhere but I can't find it - the speaker clips needs screws - I have two locos to do - what size are they and where can they be obtained? Surprised they were omitted frankly.

Chris H

The 37s don't need screws? The Deltics have them which is possibly where you saw it?

Edited by Bucoops
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, carefreeroz said:

Question to the Accurascale lads. Will BR Blue 37 001 come with option of domino headcode, rather than the displayed TOPS headcode? Thanks in advance

Dominoes are provided as an optional paper headcode for customers to install. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Bucoops said:

The 37s don't need screws? The Deltics have them which is possibly where you saw it?

They are clips with tabs on for the 37s. Be careful though as it is possible to break the tabs off if not accurately lined up before pressing home. I don't know if anyone has tried removing the 'spring' clips but might be a little difficult?

In my opinion, screws were a better option, as more control over the tightness.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2023 at 09:45, E100 said:

Based on pervious releases, I'd expect my D6700 with locomotion from this batch to be here towards the end of next week or start of the week after and probably similar for other retail orders. I wouldn't be asking what's happening until at least after that time. I suspect this'll be a very large batch like the others so will take a fair amount of time to break down and ship out both for Accurascale and the retailers, esepcially when the all important QA is taken into account.

I had an email this afternoon from Locomotion saying much the same and asking for balance of payment so they can dispatch once in hand.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyone know how to disassemble the bogie frames?

I took a punt on an ebay 37409 at a sensible price and one axle wasn't seated quite right and in removing the base of the bogie to reseat the axle managed to snap a bit of the front of the frame (item 48 on the exploded diagram).

Before chancing my arm at getting spares from Accurascale it dawned on me I have literally no idea how to actually replace the part if I could get a spare.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Melton Works said:

The cantrail grills, not the original EE version. Hope this is just a mock up?

Below is the photograph on the Locomotion models announcement for D6700

image.png.46e36820254ae8afe4bd08032f825cc6.png

On the detail listing:

image.png.fa31922ede437fbe4204302b3a7a14c9.png

Article in KMW

image.png.58e47a0dc323695e34aca4b17ecc6674.png

The grills on the painted version not the same as the first engineering sample or the works photo. There is a narrow bar at the centre of each of the 4 wide grilles?

Just paid the balance. It will be good to get back to my original modelling era.

Extra info:

Looking at the Accurascale News update, the stiffening bars are in place. Pehaps the Locomotion photo is a 'mock up' as suggested or the lighting doesn't pick up the detail.

image.png.fa8d52d477056ce29c54c3d71ff34e4d.png

Edited by zr2498
Extra info added
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

Quick question - which manufacturers version of BR blue is accurate for the 37/0s please ?

Ben

If you are talking after market paint then Phoenix precision do both shades of B.R blue. Original and post 1985. The latter had more blue the former more green.

• Informative/Useful 2