Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, dave75 said:

Was this only six days ago? Any chance of a cheeky picture of a large box of green 37 in the warehouse to keep us on our toes please ,😀

You want a picture of boxes in a warehouse! Behave, u wouldent ask Santa that. Straight on the naughty list🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

On 21/10/2023 at 16:49, SulzerPeak said:

I've still got plenty of my old lima models, basically because they are worthless! Good for nostalgia and seeing just how far things have moved on though!

You could always have them upgraded if you wish, that's what I would be doing if I ever went to OO again! They may not be up there with what AS and others currently have on offer here but you can still go some way to make them at least halfway decent, where modern standards are concerned! :)

Edited by Guest
Missing words in sentence.

2 hours ago, R. Knowles said:

You could always have them upgraded if you wish, that's what I would be doing if I ever went to OO again! They may not be up there with AS and others currently have on offer here but you can still go some way to make them at least halfway decent, where modern standards are concerned! :)

You could sure, but im more than happy with the 8 accurascale tractors that have replaced them. Best models i have ever owned sound and looks. We are very lucky these guys did these models and cheaper but better than the established makes.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

Hi Steve

I've tried several times to do this, but ended up having to factory reset the decoder every time, I couldn't swap the functions over, all that happened was the function keys remained the same and Locomotive refused to move in either direction.

Well I'm hanging my head in shame, as I've no idea what changes I implimented with the previously quoted CVs,  One thing's for sure, it wasn't what you asked for.  🙄

I can positively confirm having just tried it, that to swap F9 (two tone horn) and F2 (dynamic brake function) then adjust the following CVs.  Note that CV31/32 are index CVs and have to be set first, followed by the subsequent CVs below each pair of indices. 

CV31 = 1, CV32 = 1
----------------------

CV261 = 192

CV262 =  106
CV275 =  64
CV276 =  59

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 8
----------------------
CV340 =   0
CV343 =   2
CV452 =   8
CV455 =   0

Let me know if it all works.

Steve

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 22/10/2023 at 11:18, Brober said:

Just returned my 37027 to Hattons for onward transmission to AC as lighting not working.  H says it could be 6 or 7 weeks to be repaired.... this can't be right, surely!

I sent 37423 back to Hattons in April for repair (same Issue) a replacement took  just over four weeks to arrive.

56 minutes ago, dave56 said:

I sent 37423 back to Hattons in April for repair (same Issue) a replacement took  just over four weeks to arrive.

My 608 went back for a new motor and it was back within 2 weeks. That was via AS directly though as that's who I bought it off. It was repaired.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, dave75 said:

Was this only six days ago? Any chance of a cheeky picture of a large box of green 37 in the warehouse to keep us on our toes please ,😀

AS are currently shifting the latest MDV / MDO's delivery out of the door first before attacking the big pile of 37's sitting behind them ...........................

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/10/2023 at 20:02, 55020 said:

Well I'm hanging my head in shame, as I've no idea what changes I implimented with the previously quoted CVs,  One thing's for sure, it wasn't what you asked for.  🙄

I can positively confirm having just tried it, that to swap F9 (two tone horn) and F2 (dynamic brake function) then adjust the following CVs.  Note that CV31/32 are index CVs and have to be set first, followed by the subsequent CVs below each pair of indices. 

CV31 = 1, CV32 = 1
----------------------

CV261 = 192

CV262 =  106
CV275 =  64
CV276 =  59

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 8
----------------------
CV340 =   0
CV343 =   2
CV452 =   8
CV455 =   0

Let me know if it all works.

Steve

Ah! Ok 😊

The only thing that happened when I tried those other CVs was all the sounds remained as they were, but I had no motor control, so......🙃

I'm off next week, so I'll try and get it done then and let you know.☺️

Thank's Steve.

Edited by Smudge617
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

Any update when the refurbished sound chip will be available again?

Best thing to do would be to go onto the AS website and enter your interest in the decoder.

I did this a couple of weeks ago, week or so later got an email that item was available, went on to the website and bingo got the decoder yesterday and loaded it on my ROG 37/6 this afternoon.

Also did this Fringford Manor and that turned up yesterday.

Keith

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 23/10/2023 at 17:03, Kaput said:

Random query but is the chassis of any of the still in stock (602, 605, 606 and 607) suitable as a donor for a 37409 body?

No as all the 37/6 have Class 50 bogies I’m afraid!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Also did this Fringford Manor and that turned up yesterday.

Bet that sounds good with a refurb 37 chip in it Keith 🤣

Better than that tick, tick, tick file they usually come with 😇

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Has anyone got a delivery notification for the long lost last of batch 1 yet? I'm still awaiting 37001!

I'm in the same boat, AC are sending out the MDV and MDO's at present, followed by the last batch of 37's, very frustrating. 😔

Edited by Brian Hawkins

My 37026 still has no lights working on DC. When I bought it on ebay the lights were working.

I know that I can’t return it for repair.  Therefore, I need to understand how to fix the problem.  Has anyone had a similar problem and, if so, how have you fixed it?

IMG_3316.jpeg

Edited by mevaman1
Typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

My 37026 still has no lights working on DC. When I bought it on ebay the lights were working.

I know that I can’t return it for repair.  Therefore, I need to understand how to fix the problem.  Has anyone had a similar problem and, if so, how have you fixed it?

IMG_3316.jpeg

Is it on DC or DCC and whose decoder are you using if it's the latter?

I had that problem when I tested an ESU LokSound decoder that I had loaded the ESU Hi-Fi sound file onto, with none of the lights working at all. I reversed the dip switch positions from the recommended ESU positions (to the non-ESU settings) and presto, it worked.

• Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, SRman said:

Is it on DC or DCC and whose decoder are you using if it's the latter?

I had that problem when I tested an ESU LokSound decoder that I had loaded the ESU Hi-Fi sound file onto, with none of the lights working at all. I reversed the dip switch positions from the recommended ESU positions (to the non-ESU settings) and presto, it worked.

Hi SR man

Thanks for the info.

I am running it on pure DC with Gaugemaster feedback controllers.

I am wondering whether I should fit a decoder at our Model Railway Club to see if the lights work then.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

IMG_3316.jpeg

you might be able to send to to AS but might have to pay for everything,  no idea on that issue,  i no i sent 47 back to another maker i had to pay f for the repair and both postages etc but not sure what AS stance is on that

1 hour ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi SR man

Thanks for the info.

I am running it on pure DC with Gaugemaster feedback controllers.

I am wondering whether I should fit a decoder at our Model Railway Club to see if the lights work then.

are the DIP switches inside set correctly? There was a leaflet in the box for how they should be set for DC & DCC. Had it been DCC fitted at any point?

4 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

IMG_3316.jpeg

If youve had it less than 180 days get the seller to assist in sending to accurascale. If they refuse put in a dispute as the goods are clearly faulty.

On 23/10/2023 at 17:03, Kaput said:

Random query but is the chassis of any of the still in stock (602, 605, 606 and 607) suitable as a donor for a 37409 body?

Not so much of an expert on bogie frames on 37s - cast or fabricated, but technically I imagine those 37s you mentioned would be a refurb body (37/4) on a refurb chassis (37/6) however I have no idea how the /6 lighting relates in the nose ends of your 37409.  AFAIK 37409 is a centre headcode loco with the headlight in the "atandard" refurb position under the headcode box.  I sense you have a problem.   

• Like 1