Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, Giles said:

20231108_105352

These are finally in the wild.... and look very nice. The detailing is all good...

20231108_105614

20231108_105422

The only thing that looks unexpected to me is the fan grill being 'over-size' - but I'm sure it must be right.

20231108_105628

I think the fan looks ok to me/ this pic from Brian Daniels, I do know of at least one class 37 in preservation (37215) is fitted with an undersize fan :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brianews/8696582084/in/album-72157626899648349/

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Looks great, can't wait to get mine.

Not sure if I was expecting the seats to be red, though? Haven't paid much attention to the samples etc.

I am not sure when the transition was to black, from the original red "roll-tops" Have seen various pics well into the 60's, of the early ones still still very much upholstered in red.

Oh well. Nothing that can't be sorted with a brush and scalpel if it bothers me that much.

Enjoy!

• RMweb Premium

I have the say the decision to go with a 1 piece nose moulding is really superb and sets this model out from it's competitors and on the fully green / SYWP examples it really comes to the fore (or not more to the point).

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Tim123 said:

How easy is it to access the headcode boxes?

Is my first job. Initial investigation suggests the frames are an interference fit… finger nail enough to budge them. Just beware of the superb detail on the boxes and frames 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

15 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Im not quite sure how but my two unrefurbed 37s behave slightly differently, which is hellfire as they sound like the real things, ie not perfectly in sync.

Check CV's 2,3,4,5 and 6 and ensure they all match. Ensure CV5 is set to the max setting. I've got a couple of 37/6's that run perfect together, either double headed or top and tail. I have found that on one of my Accurascale 37's that the above CV's didn't match. Once corrected all was OK and they ran nicely together.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Giles said:

20231108_105352

These are finally in the wild.... and look very nice. The detailing is all good...

20231108_105614

20231108_105422

The only thing that looks unexpected to me is the fan grill being 'over-size' - but I'm sure it must be right.

20231108_105628

The only potential error I can see - although it might be down to the light and it might be correct for this loco in this condition? - is the colour of the handbrake wheel - they were normally painted black.

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, E100 said:

I have the say the decision to go with a 1 piece nose moulding is really superb and sets this model out from it's competitors and on the fully green / SYWP examples it really comes to the fore (or not more to the point).

Still looking forward to receiving my D6700 but from examples seen at shows plus photo's here and I agree that the seamless nose is better than having a join line. On the other hand I think the Bachmann version has the better windscreen solution and a better rendition of BR Green. Looking forward to seeing D6700 sat next to my SFX version of Bachmanns D6710.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

The only potential error I can see - although it might be down to the light and it might be correct for this loco in this condition? - is the colour of the handbrake wheel - they were normally painted black.

Most were, but it soon came off on the outer part. A few got polished up also.

While people are now receiving their early versions, I am still waiting to have a good look at the two 37s that arrived on the day my wife and I left for a five week road trip to Brisbane and back. One was the ROG Europhoenix 37 608, the other was the DRS fade liveried 37 609. I had time to open the boxes and test them very briefly on DC, then that was it until I get back to Melbourne next Sunday, 12th November. I am looking forward to fitting them with DCC sound decoders and actually running them!🙃

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1