Class 37, by Accurascale

It looks like I have to send a large number of my 37's back for various motor issues as they are either surging or running very slow and drawing between 0.8 - 1.2 amps.

My locos are all boxed away and only come out for an exhibition so I have not had a chance to run these locos for any period of time and am worried that when I do go to use them they won't work.

I have reached out to customer service and have been advised that I need proof of purchase and a video of the Loco running.

Problem is I don't have a layout at home only a rolling road and it is very hard to pick up on camera the speed at which the loco's are running.  

Quick question before I do send any back, do I have to remove the cab crews that I have fitted.

Regards Baz

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

After an initial reply that made me question if my email had even been read properly (asking for information I specifically provided) there should be a motor winging its way to me.

Fingers crossed.

On 15/01/2024 at 23:57, bazil31 said:

It looks like I have to send a large number of my 37's back for various motor issues as they are either surging or running very slow and drawing between 0.8 - 1.2 amps.

My locos are all boxed away and only come out for an exhibition so I have not had a chance to run these locos for any period of time and am worried that when I do go to use them they won't work.

I have reached out to customer service and have been advised that I need proof of purchase and a video of the Loco running.

Problem is I don't have a layout at home only a rolling road and it is very hard to pick up on camera the speed at which the loco's are running.  

Quick question before I do send any back, do I have to remove the cab crews that I have fitted.

Regards Baz

What device or method do you use to measure 0.8-1.2 apms when loco operates on the layout?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold
On 14/01/2024 at 17:22, McC said:

Please don’t have a debate! If you have any issue with any model please reach out and get in touch. Without data how are we to improve? 

On 15/01/2024 at 09:40, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Flying Dustman,

We offer much more than that as part of our warranty; taking the model back, thoroughly inspecting and testing it, carrying out any repairs required and sending it back to the customer with all costs of postage etc covered. It is why we encourage anyone, with any issue, to contact us direct.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Gents

Tried that, hasn't worked.

To be fair, sending the 37 back was fine. Getting it repaired and returned to me or a refund issued (as requested) is proving a lot more difficult.

I would ask that someone in charge contacts me via PM ASAP since the existing 'direct' routes are not working.

Thanks

Tony

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 15/01/2024 at 16:57, bazil31 said:

Regards Baz

I had to do the same, had to run some time and film it on my phone. Fortunately after filming for a long time with sporadic slowing, it then had a 'fit' and was obvious!

They responded quickly regarding the return process. The biggest problem is getting it back.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Hi Gents

To be fair, sending the 37 back was fine. Getting it repaired and returned to me or a refund issued (as requested) is proving a lot more difficult.

I would ask that someone in charge contacts me via PM ASAP since the existing 'direct' routes are not working.

Thanks

Tony

i had no issues sending mine back for repair,  they still got rog 37,  my 97 went back twice again no issues,   but i did commutate via facebook as it was easy to send the video and  communicate, just asked for order number,  (probs see if i didn't get it of ebay or somewhere else) after order number they very helpful in sending it back, i honestly cant fault the AS team

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

i had no issues sending mine back for repair,  they still got rog 37,  my 97 went back twice again no issues,   but i did commutate via facebook as it was easy to send the video and  communicate, just asked for order number,  (probs see if i didn't get it of ebay or somewhere else) after order number they very helpful in sending it back, i honestly cant fault the AS team

Great, but not my experience unfortunately.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Hi Gents

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Apologies for this. I have flagged it with my colleagues who have since emailed you.

Many thanks,

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tony,

Apologies for this. I have flagged it with my colleagues who have since emailed you.

Many thanks,

Fran 

Thanks for the rapid action Fran.

Partick has been in touch 👍

Kind regards

Tony

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hminh2005 said:

What device or method do you use to measure 0.8-1.2 apms when loco operates on the layout?

Thanks

I use a NCE powercab and you can set the handset display from clock to amps drawn.

Quite easy to do just a press of a few buttons.

Hope this helps.

Baz

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Hi Gents

Thanks

Tony

I had the same problem with a refund request for a sound decoder. After two weeks of exchanged emails i gave up and contacted PAYPAL, refund arrived next day!!!!!_

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, longsight said:

I had the same problem with a refund request for a sound decoder. After two weeks of exchanged emails i gave up and contacted PAYPAL, refund arrived next day!!!!!_

Morning Robert,

To be fair, you logged a PayPal complaint, after refusing to simply use our excellent, free, return process. As the team clarified in your ticket of the 9th October last year, the chip you bought the previous may didn't include a cold start and the horn was recorded from the real thing. You then logged a PayPal complaint on the 7th November having made no further replies or contact with the team. Had you simply logged a return, replied to the team, got your free return label, we could have simply replaced the decoder for the version with cold start, or refunded you through our normal process. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

17 minutes ago, longsight said:

My friend bought nine,seven returned with motor problems!!!!

And a friend of mine bought all the other ones, and didn't have to send any back!

And another friend ......

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

I’ve got a dead motor if anyone wants it… apparently it’s rare so must be worth at least £5 and a mars bar 👍

in positive news at least ESU are looking into the sound cutting out issues (from the class 66 thread)… can’t have been the track… controller… position of the earth in relation to the sun the moon and Saturn after all…

• Like 4
  • Funny 2