Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, No Decorum said:

After digging around on the site, it seems that the 37s will have in-house sound and the sound engineer is Jamie Goodman. That is rather impressive.

Correct! Jamie is now the accurascale resident DCC sound guru as well as working hand in hand with the team at ESU. 

https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/about

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

Finally took the plunge and put a deposit on 37 001 now the reason is;

a,  I need something to pull the MDVs

b, It would be nice to have company for "The Durham Light Infantry" when it arrives

c,  The 1:1 scale version was based in the North East for a while

d,  it looks fantastic

I will go away and ponder, I may be a long time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Finally took the plunge and put a deposit on 37 001 now the reason is;

a,  I need something to pull the MDVs

b, It would be nice to have company for "The Durham Light Infantry" when it arrives

c,  The 1:1 scale version was based in the North East for a while

d,  it looks fantastic

I will go away and ponder, I may be a long time!

Problem is, 37001 was never ever alone, always connected to 37052 or 37055. 37.001 only had a single fuel tank though, not twin! Is the Accurascale model correct then?

This like my other 37001 pics, it is attached to 37052

37001+37052.jpg

Edited by reddragon

26 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We've modelled 37001 in early 1970s condition when it still had both tanks.

Cheers!

Fran 

Isn't it strange how 37100 (same digits rearranged) also lost one of it's tanks towards the end of it's career, prior to becoming a 97/3 

37100 | 37100 at Carlisle. Q121 | John Dedman | Flickr

Edited by Covkid

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Covkid said:

Isn't it strange how 37100 (same digits rearranged) also lost one of it's tanks towards the end of it's career, prior to becoming a 97/3 

37100 | 37100 at Carlisle. Q121 | John Dedman | Flickr

Maybe the reason 37001 was always paired up in the 1980's was because it only had one tank and that way if it ran out it's partner could drag it home?

• RMweb Gold

The oldest photo I can find of a twin tank equipped 37001 .  September 1978 at Gloucester

37001 AT GLOUCESTER 11.45 CARDIFF TO NEWCASTLE 30.09.78 (1-427)

This is the earliest photo I can find of 37001 with only a single tank, no doubt removal was conducted during its Crewe works overhaul.  October 1979.

FC004886.  37001  Crewe works.  28-10-1979.

Edited by 55020
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, reddragon said:

Maybe the reason 37001 was always paired up in the 1980's was because it only had one tank and that way if it ran out it's partner could drag it home?

Haha.  funny but certainly not a valid reason.  No-one sent a loco out on a job with any kind of risk of it running out of fuel. But more importantly consider that as built the 37s only had their single fuel tank anyway.  The other was the boiler water tank for those fitted with boilers. Not sure when the programme of converting the boiler water tank into double fuel was significantly underway but pretty sure it was 1980s.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, johndon said:

Two torpedo wagons at Consett in 1976.

I remember them well,i think at the time once the 9F pulled stuff stopped the railway sceen here was not as popular,the diesels were not liked and still a lot of oldies only remember the steam as it blended in with everything else the steel plant and blasts threw in the air. Had forgot how the ore was brought from Teeside and the torpedo trains at times,theres a good model for Accurascale guys........oh to be in my twentys and know what i know now.Wish i had a penny from the line after the train ran it over,as a kid they were worth more as they were bigger......

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If only a high spec model was to be had for that,who would be up for such a thing,cough cough...@Accurascale Fran  

I had hoped that the KR Models one would do the job but it isn't the same type that ran to Consett.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 12/11/2021 at 14:49, reddragon said:

37052 was boilered so that only had one fuel tank too.

• Like 1