Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

One question I do have around the Scottish 37’s and apologies if the answer is buried in 53 pages. What is the intention re snowploughs? Are there going to be options for those that use couplings/NEM sockets? 

It’s a big frustration that for the large majority who use couplings that you can’t fit the ploughs with only the original Baccy ones and VI Trains that had the option. It  would be a great to at least be able to have the outers in place even if sold as a separate item.

1 hour ago, SHerr said:

One question I do have around the Scottish 37’s and apologies if the answer is buried in 53 pages. What is the intention re snowploughs? Are there going to be options for those that use couplings/NEM sockets? 

It’s a big frustration that for the large majority who use couplings that you can’t fit the ploughs with only the original Baccy ones and VI Trains that had the option. It  would be a great to at least be able to have the outers in place even if sold as a separate item.

Agreed and the early Bach ones weren’t the right shape…

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SHerr said:

Our ploughs are a detailed three piece assembly. They fit to the loco per the real thing and you can omit the Centre wedge if you want to retain use of the NEM socket while still having the two outer plough pieces in place. Hope that helps! We’ll share some detailed photos of how it all works in the next few weeks as we assess final decorated samples. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, McC said:

Our ploughs are a detailed three piece assembly. They fit to the loco per the real thing and you can omit the Centre wedge if you want to retain use of the NEM socket while still having the two outer plough pieces in place. Hope that helps! We’ll share some detailed photos of how it all works in the next few weeks as we assess final decorated samples. 

Brilliant news. Not sure why I even doubted anything else!

• Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, McC said:

Good morning all,

Having spoken with the 37 PM on this matter, I was in fact, incomplete!

The Class 37 is in fact provided with two sets of mini ploughs:

1/ A bufferbeam-mounted set that accurately mimics the construction of the real thing for use with screw couplings (these will not work with tension locks)

890368907_ImagefromiOS(1).jpg.055b07dc4153ea257c113da5c0f43830.jpg 

2/ an NEM-mounted option that has all three ploughs joined together but also allows the use of conventional tension locks.

823519424_ImagefromiOS(2).jpg.e37a70f40e113bbd9f41aec32ee4e121.jpg

Just when I thought my wallet was safe :p

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, McC said:

Good morning all,

Having spoken with the 37 PM on this matter, I was in fact, incomplete!

The Class 37 is in fact provided with two sets of mini ploughs:

1/ A bufferbeam-mounted set that accurately mimics the construction of the real thing for use with screw couplings (these will not work with tension locks)

890368907_ImagefromiOS(1).jpg.055b07dc4153ea257c113da5c0f43830.jpg 

2/ an NEM-mounted option that has all three ploughs joined together but also allows the use of conventional tension locks.

823519424_ImagefromiOS(2).jpg.e37a70f40e113bbd9f41aec32ee4e121.jpg

Oh how good do they look???? 

I appreciate this is not a new picture but I hadn’t really zoomed in before. I have 37608 on order (the pretty livery suckered me in) and the heavyweight (supporting the GCR group). I definitely can’t afford another guv…

• Friendly/supportive 1

Without trawling back as I can't remember, will headcode/TRN's be provided similar to the Deltic ones?  1V xx or any xV xx, would be nice for split boxes.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, confused said:

Without trawling back as I can't remember, will headcode/TRN's be provided similar to the Deltic ones?  1V xx or any xV xx, would be nice for split boxes.

Hi @confused,

Yes, as per the Deltics for any headcode box Class 37.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

Just ordered another Accurascale class 37 (609) from rails. Thats 4 of these beauties on order and i managed to grab a Deltic 'Royal Scotts Grey' on the second small opening of stock after just missing out on the initial batch. 

Currently contemplating ordering some MGR wagons in Railfreight Red as well. 

Wishing all you guys on here a Happy Christmas, not forgetting all the guys at Accurascale for bringing to us some absolutely fantastic models.

We really are very lucky indeed to be in the midst of a massive scale up in detail and fidelity on models and long may that continue

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Just ordered another Accurascale class 37 (609) from rails. Thats 4 of these beauties on order and i managed to grab a Deltic 'Royal Scotts Grey' on the second small opening of stock after just missing out on the initial batch. 

Currently contemplating ordering some MGR wagons in Railfreight Red as well. 

Wishing all you guys on here a Happy Christmas, not forgetting all the guys at Accurascale for bringing to us some absolutely fantastic models.

We really are very lucky indeed to be in the midst of a massive scale up in detail and fidelity on models and long may that continue

Five or more locos and its rumored Fran dressed in red with a white beared delivers a card for Xmas.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Accurascale are going to quickly gain market share and loyal support.

I have made orders with them and asked to change the order which was a trouble free operation with 10/10 customer service.

When I tried to upgrade an order with a certain other supplier I was told they'd refund me less a 10% admin charge so I could order a more expensive model!

Result? I will order future models from Accurascale as first choice, whilst Hornby and this small supplier will fall to the bottom of my list when I have a choice of models that I want.

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Fran & McC, 

With regards to 37 bufferbeams, will the ROG 37 feature the drophead scharfenberg coupler? Also will it be magnetic & functional like the solution you have on your MK5s?

I can see a sizable number of purchasers of both planning to run them together as per prototypical. 

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

Hi Fran & McC, 

With regards to 37 bufferbeams, will the ROG 37 feature the drophead scharfenberg coupler? Also will it be magnetic & functional like the solution you have on your MK5s?

I can see a sizable number of purchasers of both planning to run them together as per prototypical. 

Thanks

Hi @CoBoLoco,

There will be a dummy Dellner coupler included with this Class 37. The Mark 5s will come with suitable additional functional couplings to go to the locos so if you buy a pack of them you'd get a workable solution then.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I'd just like to echo @Trainsandtravel and wish all at Accurascale a very happy Christmas and a good New Year. I hope you are all putting your feet up, as next year looks like being busy. I'm looking forward to my Class 37s, Deltics, Mk2s, Mk5s and various wagons. Not to mention what additional goodies you may announce to strain my purse even further...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

I appreciate its close to Christmas etc but is there any updates on the decorated samples? 

Hi Chris,

The factory have assured us that they will arrive in January. We're not happy about the delay, but they are close, finally.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/12/2020 at 13:05, Chilly said:

image.png.9b463446d0b65f7f68d67a644960eb8f.png

BR English Electric Type 3 No.D6700...

60 years ago, today on 2nd December 1960, English Electric delivered the first of what was to become British Rail’s Class 37 locomotive, D6700, to Doncaster to begin its acceptance trials from its works at Newton-le-Willows.

Locomotion Models has commissioned its own OO Scale model of D6700 from Accurascale to be its latest addition to its National Collection in Miniature. It will be produced as delivered on that day in plain green livery (yellow warning panels were not added until much later), when it would have worked alongside steam locomotives which were in the process of being phased out of the British Railways network at that time in favour of diesel and electric traction.

My emphasis - can anyone advise when D6700 had it's first livery amendment - which was presumably some yellow? Trying to find a date overlap with a 55 :) Thank you :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

My emphasis - can anyone advise when D6700 had it's first livery amendment - which was presumably some yellow? Trying to find a date overlap with a 55 :) Thank you :)

There is a picture here in 1963 of it with small yellow panel in an article

https://www.culture24.org.uk/history-and-heritage/transport-and-industry/ART310611

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

There is a picture here in 1963 of it with small yellow panel in an article

https://www.culture24.org.uk/history-and-heritage/transport-and-industry/ART310611

Interesting article, but it does conflict with my recollections of class 37’s… its a bit out of date…. Being 2010…

I was riding behind 37’s on scheduled services in 2018 from Carlilse, and 2019 in Rhymney and Norwich… Didnt they roll on into 2020 too ?

955431AA-7F0F-49B0-A343-FCE390D64389.jpeg.6a41fe984714734b0dd98a2402b2dc4e.jpeg

I also recall 37119 being repainted green as 37350 in 1988 (a condition i’d love to see it as a model), and sitting on class 55 bogies, not 1998.

Indeed whilst it suggests WCRC is the remaining operator, I might have been dreaming as it was midnight but i’m sure 37116 headed north to Derby last night and i’m sure I saw 37175 heading south down the BML…under Colas

C652F938-83C1-4F40-9498-3032E04ACDA6.jpeg.3de21652751bf31c3ca12a71e56e090e.jpeg

..as well as an LSL 37 earlier this week in London..

FCA68A1E-F121-486F-9371-950A63A591F1.jpeg.3211bcf53b7ffd9e11e41c93b5001157.jpeg

but missed DRS ‘s 37402’s trip to the GWML… indeed I count 50 37’s currently active.. 37218 showed up in London today.. first time in I cannot even think when it was last here…

i’m enjoying 37’s whilst I still can, and I do think the end is coming, but I definitely still can.. being up at 1-2am is worth it for memories like this…

37’s are definitely still in daily use… long after 2006.. and many years beyond 2010 !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1