RMweb

AY Mod for PM?

Phil Parker

5 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

A friend of mine is standing as a MRLP candidate and she certainly isn't a joke.  She is doing so because after a long time in local politics where the sitting MP* hasn't served well she wants to give people a chance to say they are prepared to vote but not for any of the 'usual parties'.

*Nadine Dorries aka'Mad nad' the only sitting MP to go into "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" when she should have been in parliament. Should have been de-selected but not enough party members bothered to turn up.

I think your friend might be in with a chance, old mad nad is not exactly popular is she.

• Agree 1

Actually the MRLP have been quite successful in getting their policies into action

24 hour licensing and the abolition of the dog licence being two examples

No too sure about how harnessing the power of joggers to heat homes for the elderly is going but maybe with the concerns over the climate,  it might gain some legs. BOOM BOOM!

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, APOLLO said:

Andy's manifesto just released.

Nationalize Hornby Bachmann and Peco - Everything to be in a "Red" box though

Free model railways for all - Model railways for the many, not the few

Out of Europe with that pesky HO stuff and manufacturers with funny names. 

A new trade deal with the USA, but we keep our O gauge at 7mm to the foot and not 1/4" to the foot. Though the Yanks say they wouldn't touch our OO scale if it was handed to them on a platter !!

A model railway tax to be paid by the higher earners and big on line sellers, Google & Amazon etc, though Hattons and Rails of Sheffield will be exempt

And the big one - the environment.

ALL model trains to be clockwork after 2020 - that will wind you all up !!!  Analogue and DCC to be phased out by 2025 and banned outright by 2030 - a demanding target but Andy says "It's do-able"

VOTE FOR ANDY - He's pure (rmweb) Gold !!!!

You missed an obvious one:

The new 'broad gauge' act.  All real railways must be converted to four' 1" gauge so that they become prototypical

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

16 minutes ago, Vistisen said:

You missed an obvious one:

The new 'broad gauge' act.  All real railways must be converted to four' 1" gauge so that they become prototypical

13 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

and all the sleepers pushed closer together. 

Typical of the narrow-minded (sorry, no pun intended!!) outlook of Politicians these days :rolleyes:

Such a popularist stance completely ignores the wider issue (oh no not again!!!) affecting several minority groups who model in other scales where the track gauge - whilst maybe not 100% accurate - certainly isn't out by a scale 7&1/2 inches. :shout: :mad:

:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Will AY Mod convert Northern Ireland Railways track to 4ft 8.5in so that NI is treated the same as the rest of the UK while continuing to run international trains to Dublin with the Irish 5ft 3in track with no infrastructure at the border? ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

20 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

I did vote MRLP once, just to annoy my parents back then!

I voted for Screaming Lord Sutch in a by election.  :jester:    I did consider Miss Whiplash though....:girldevil:

Here's the results. I knew the winners would get in unfortunately. First election I was eligible to vote in and hardly bother now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Knowsley_South_by-election

Jason

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dava said:

MRLP? Model Railway Lovers Party?

Can we have a referendum? 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thanks.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2