Exclusive OO Gauge Class 89 produced by Accurascale

Oliver Rails

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/02/2022 at 21:37, aeroplane said:

Don't think this has been posted. In an Accurascale twitter reply from yesterday they say no class 89 announced in the next few days but...

Well still radio silence from that and the private messages. 

Anyone good with the force? ;) 

• Like 1

Rails sent out an email on Thursday (31st March) entitled "Products Exclusive to Rails, Available now!" At the bottom of that email in bold red, it stated: "Keep a lookout in your inbox next week as we will be sending out an update on all forthcoming exclusive products."

I think that would be about bang on 6 weeks from Accurascale's tweet? Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1

On 02/04/2022 at 23:07, ravenforth said:

Rails sent out an email on Thursday (31st March) entitled "Products Exclusive to Rails, Available now!" At the bottom of that email in bold red, it stated: "Keep a lookout in your inbox next week as we will be sending out an update on all forthcoming exclusive products."

I think that would be about bang on 6 weeks from Accurascale's tweet? Fingers crossed.

well, it’s Thursday….is today the day?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Rails sent an email today saying next Friday (15/04/22) is the official launch day of their refurbished show room. They are doing a special open day so there could be something announced then? They say they will have up to date news from various manufacturers, as distinct for old and out of date news I suppose.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I lost interest in that email when it said there would be ‘social media influencencers’ present at the shop launcH, all I’m seeing is lots of people with go-pros strapped to their heads getting over excited! 

• Agree 4
  • Funny 8

On 08/04/2022 at 15:24, big jim said:

I lost interest in that email when it said there would be ‘social media influencencers’ present at the shop launcH, all I’m seeing is lots of people with go-pros strapped to their heads getting over excited! 

Welcome to the upmarket world of corporate ..........!  Give me Frank any day over all the pre-madonas! 

I have alot of time for John having known him for many years, and I hope it is successful.  I use mail order like most, but I on the odd occasion I do go in, I morn the previous banter back in the days of Bill, Ian and Frank.  That was 'Rails'.

No news today on the 89 sadly. 

Hopefully we will see something soon, but it's starting to get annoying with the amount of new exclusives that have been announced or have come and gone whilst the 89 sits in development purgatory. 

Cheers,

On the subject of the Manor, I said, “For me, if no-one else, a delay is a relief. More time to gather cash. Instalments, certainly helpful to some, make matters worse by tying up cash needed for something else, such as, let’s say, the Class 89.”

Fran replied:

“Yeah, I would recommend planning for the latter there....

Cheers!

Fran”

That’s pretty definite.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

On the subject of the Manor, I said, “For me, if no-one else, a delay is a relief. More time to gather cash. Instalments, certainly helpful to some, make matters worse by tying up cash needed for something else, such as, let’s say, the Class 89.”

Fran replied:

Cheers!

Fran”

That’s pretty definite.

Indeed you did (and Fran did), but no-one seemed to notice - Fran's lucky he didn't get told off for going off-topic judging by some of today's comments on that thread!

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Indeed you did (and Fran did), but no-one seemed to notice - Fran's lucky he didn't get told off for going off-topic judging by some of today's comments on that thread!

For all my moaning about cash shortages, I’ve expressed interest in two 89s. That’s broken another of my self-imposed rules, i.e. don’t buy two models of the same loco. Oh well, I need to go on a diet anyway. Given that the 92 has remotely operated pantos, surely the 89s will as well. I hope so. Perhaps I’ll annoy Fran & Co. by asking for a blue light on the panto. 😆

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Fran replied:

Cheers!

Fran”

That’s pretty definite.

That's a good enough answer for me! Thanks for asking slyly 😉

I'd just like to state that my frustration is in no way directed at Accurascale as their hands are (mostly) tied in the matter. It's Rails' approach to the 89 of it being an EOI, when other one-offs were greenlighted from the start and didn't take too long to arrive, or the amount of successive one-offs and exclusives that have been announced with the 89 still left in that EOI stage in a place that frankly is difficult to find on Rails' website last I checked. 

I would like to have two of her, in both current livery and GNER (when I first saw her at Doncaster in 2003) but the temptation to get just the current IC sound fitted is too great.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

11 hours ago, 60800 said:

one-offs and exclusives that have been announced with the 89 still left in that EOI stage in a place that frankly is difficult to find on Rails' website last I checked. 

Thing is, without the EOI we wouldn't even know there was consideration for it.

I am presuming that it will be formally announced when there is an engineering sample, as most AS stuff is. In the case of other exclusives in the past we have tended to have the hints or announcements later in the process and that's why things seem come around more quickly yet in fact they have been worked on for a long time prior to announcement. At least that's my thinking.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I have absolutely no use for anything that runs on overhead wires.

Put me down for a GNER one (unless my EOI from however long ago is still valid!).

All becomes clear! The delay is caused by the difficulty of getting a model to run on overhead wires. 🤣

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, No Decorum said:

cash needed for something else, such as, let’s say, the Class 89.”

Fran replied:

12 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Somebody asked RoS the status on Facebook today and the answer was "no news"

The messages are a bit mixed! 🤪

• Like 1