RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Not to get everyone too over-excited or anything, but just checked the project status page today, and they are now in Awaiting Shipping status.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 09:51, Revolution Mike said:

As Chris has noticed, we got an update yesterday that production is complete and we’re just getting shipping quotes!

cheers Mike

Website now showing "in transit" - are they on the way?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can anybody at Revolution confirm when invoices will be sent out for these please?

I don’t always have email access and don’t want to miss it. Sometimes I can get back to several hundred emails and it is not unknown for me to miss an important one, and this is important!

Thanks,

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

As per our FAQs (explaining our deposit system) we will send out invoices when the models are nearly ready to ship to customers. 

We typically update our Project overview page when we start sending out invoices. 

cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, I did see that in the FAQ, but the wording of “We will invoice you for the balance when the models are nearly ready to ship.” I had taken as meaning shipping from China, not to customers. As a result, I was expecting an invoice around now. 

Roy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Just had my invoice, and paid it. Does that mean they are on UK shores, or just in preparation for them landing?

https://revolutiontrains.com/easy-come-easy-car-go-oo-4mm-caroline-and-fna-ds-arrive/?fbclid=IwAR1yATNS4ozaB7hAOhtfySeL-GADfmjFBIkHG0E7aWcjGvk9SgCZbbETxC4

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Just had my invoice, and paid it. Does that mean they are on UK shores, or just in preparation for them landing?

They have indeed landed and are awaiting unloading at Southampton Docks. All being well, they should arrive at RTHQ at some point next week and then we will start sending them out. 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

4 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

They have indeed landed and are awaiting unloading at Southampton Docks. All being well, they should arrive at RTHQ at some point next week and then we will start sending them out. 

That's great news.

Best get the point motor mended in the currently deserted siding where it's going to live with a 37 😂

Just paid - bit surprised to have received a confirmation of despatch given they are awaiting unloading at Southampton Docks. Are the OO ones are still 21 pin decoder sockets and is there any recommendation on a decoder or will any 21 pin one (If that is correct) do ?

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Like 1

Just now, Butler Henderson said:

bit surprised to have received a confirmation of despatch given they are awaiting unloading at Southampton Docks

I think it's that the "dispatch" is an automatically generated for your initial deposit when you pay the balance, as the number on the dispatch matches the deposit invoice. When they dispatch the actual model it will be against the invoice raised today.

That's how I interpreted it this afternoon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

Hi, I’ve paid the balance of the model only problem is the invoice is going to my old address, I have change it on the account but it didn’t change in on the invoice. Any help? 

The article on the website has this in it:

"If you need to change your delivery address please update the shipping address in your account but also please send us an email if you changed it since 24 July (otherwise your order might not get updated in time). Thanks!"

10 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

Just paid - bit surprised to have received a confirmation of despatch given they are awaiting unloading at Southampton Docks. Are the OO ones are still 21 pin decoder sockets and is there any recommendation on a decoder or will any 21 pin one (If that is correct) do ?

Likewise. The e-mail arrived on my phone when I was out and I paid at about 9.45 p.m. Confirmation of despatch arrived shortly afterwards. “Crickey,” sez I to myself, “These chaps work late!” 🤣 I wonder if we’ll get another e-mail saying, “This time we really have sent it.”

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Folks please see the note on both the news item on our website and on the email ie that if you paid a balance invoice then there system automatically generates a despatch note BUT your order isn't despatched until the other half of your order is marked as despatched. We know it is confusing but we can't change it unfortunately without putting in a completely different deposit system.

Thanks, Mike

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

16 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

I am wondering that myself! I have a spare Dapol Imperium - would that do?

• RMweb Gold

Definitely 21 pin, and IIRC 6 function needed for all the lighting functions (there's quite a few!). I know we tested it with a fair few decoders but I can't remember which (possibly Ben or Mike B will be able to fill in the gaps here!).

Cheers Mike

• Informative/Useful 1