RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

The body is straightforward to remove to access the DCC socket and allow personnel to be added.

Not to mention tiny bottles, glasses and plates on the tables!!

cheers

Ben A.

And fish and chips on the tables.................

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, Steven B said:

Not my image, but it looks smart:

52391463963_3ecaede1a3_n.jpg

20205 20007 5Z02 Clay Cross 27.09.2022 by Simon Kerry, on Flickr

It's interesting it's been top'n'tailed. I'm guessing when Caroline it being propelled it's top speed is limited. Having a loco at each end means full line speed can be achieved.

Steven B.

It's running as a class 5 so it's only an empty stock move. I've only seen the one photo of it with the 20s, nothing else seems to have come out of the woodwork so not sure if it worked as a class 2 with the 20s, but I think Caroline needs an ETH fitted loco to provide heat and light, which may well include the headlights etc.

Jo

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Steven B said:

Not my image, but it looks smart:

52391463963_3ecaede1a3_n.jpg

20205 20007 5Z02 Clay Cross 27.09.2022 by Simon Kerry, on Flickr

It's interesting it's been top'n'tailed. I'm guessing when Caroline it being propelled it's top speed is limited. Having a loco at each end means full line speed can be achieved.

Steven B.

Caroline can be propelled at linespeed, up to a maximum of 100mph.  That is part of its usefulness: after, for example, a track realignment it can be driven through at linespeed with engineers and inspectors on board to check how the ride would feel for passengers.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Monkey28 said:

Is there any update on when these models will be available? 

Latest news letter update says end of Dec/Jan now..... And there was me hoping I'd have mine for Christmas.....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

There was a Hastings coach I believe used at the RTC, in BR times.

I don't suppose that the Caroline Tooling permits the test car to be produced?  I think it was used for tiling train testing etc., due to the slim Jim properties of Hastings stock giving greater clearances. 

This one. It bears very little resemblance to Caroline, despite being the same type of coach. F1CD0B6E-73BF-46BE-8ECE-5AC63F538763.jpeg.70bb0226cc68d6a923d924d22a9798da.jpeg

Edited by Wolf27
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

Quick ask at Warley.

Apparently looking like Feb 23 for delivery.

This caused confusion when talking to a friend shortly afterwards, without realising his new partner was also called Carloine!   lol 

On 28/11/2022 at 22:34, newbryford said:

Revolution kindly lent one of their samples for a spin on Deadmans Lane at the recent NEC/Warley show. Looking forward to receiving my full production model.

Cazzer.jpg.9ea2400826867bdaf2ff3b13d0b90931.jpg

Cheers mick for letting me have a good look, the FTR pasted with flying colours! Can’t wait for it to be delivered to my address! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/11/2022 at 22:34, newbryford said:

Revolution kindly lent one of their samples for a spin on Deadmans Lane at the recent NEC/Warley show. Looking forward to receiving my full production model.

Cazzer.jpg.9ea2400826867bdaf2ff3b13d0b90931.jpg

Caroline can be seen again at the Blackburn exhibition on 3/4 December.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

All seems to have gone quiet on this front? Still on for February 23 delivery as mentioned above?

There was an update that went out on social media the other day.

https://revolutiontrains.com/tanks-and-zander-inbound-plus-other-delivery-updates/

"OO/4mm Caroline – we had a slight delay with PCBs for the lighting circuits on Caroline which has now been resolved and the models are in the final stages of production. As soon as we have an updated expected delivery date we will update our website."

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

All seems to have gone quiet on this front? Still on for February 23 delivery as mentioned above?

Hi there,

The Revolution website was updated with news on a variety of projects - including Caroline in 00 - on Wednesday.

There will an update on the N gauge version next week.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5