RevolutioN Trains announce "Caroline" Inspection Car in OO gauge and EOI for one in N gauge

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Having been to Chester and turned on the triangle, "Caroline" is propelled past Bamford bridge in Uttoxeter by 37418 on the 0754 Derby RTC to Derby RTC via Chester working on Thursday 2 March 2023.

596180234_IMG_20230302_123522_0032.jpg.8525ba22f84461ac9b82f8a4f744cda9.jpg

• Like 16

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can someone tell me where this project is at please.

I have looked on the website and not found the detail about when Caroline is due.

If someone from Revolution is thinking of replying “it’s on the website” don’t bother as I can’t find it.

Edited by Andy7
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

It's on the website on this page here: https://revolutiontrains.com/projects/

It's 7th in the list, and according to the latest update, currently in final stages of production with an ETA to the UK in April/May this year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

It's 7th in the list, and according to the latest update, currently in final stages of production with an ETA to the UK in April/May this year.

24 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

have looked on the website

Further to the above, go onto the website and click "Projects" in the menu. Don't go to the items under projects click the actual but that says projects and it takes you to that page.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

Thanks Chris. As you have added a link I’m sure it will be useful for others.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I guess it depends on if they come on slow boat from China (I've no idea how long that actually takes), or if they are specially flown in....

I believe that shipping from China normally takes something like four to six weeks and there is then the time taken to clear customs.

When I spoke to one of the Revolution Trains representatives at Model Rail Scotland at the end of February, I was told that the models had been manufactured but the factory was waiting for a semiconductor component for the lighting board.  The models can't therefore be dispatched until the electronics are fitted.  Given supply chain issues in the world, there's not much Revolution Trains can do but wait patiently like the rest of us, apart from keep the website updated once they know more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I see these have now moved to June/July on the website.

Whilst delays are out of Revolutions hands, I do wish they could be posted here as well rather than having to check the website all the time, especially when we are in “delivery window “. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Whilst delays are out of Revolutions hands, I do wish they could be posted here as well rather than having to check the website all the time, especially when we are in “delivery window “. 

They’ve got a website where they post the most up to date information they have. That saves them having to post on here, and on all the other platforms they use, which would take up more of their valuable time. I would much rather they use their time to bring models to the market that we want to buy, than tell us every time there’s been a power cut in one of the factories, or there’s a delay in getting a shipping container. As for “having to check the website all the time”. Really? You don’t have to check it all the time, or even at all. You can just wait for the model to arrive. People have lost a sense of patience and proportion. 🙄

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, The Pilotman said:

They’ve got a website where they post the most up to date information they have. That saves them having to post on here, and on all the other platforms they use, which would take up more of their valuable time. I would much rather they use their time to bring models to the market that we want to buy, than tell us every time there’s been a power cut in one of the factories, or there’s a delay in getting a shipping container. As for “having to check the website all the time”. Really? You don’t have to check it all the time, or even at all. You can just wait for the model to arrive. People have lost a sense of patience and proportion. 🙄

I think Roy has a fair point given that they were supposed to be imminent, if they were a year away then that's another thing altogether. Not saying they should have posted here (and everywhere else they have a presence), but an email mentioning the delay would have been good as that would surely get to everyone who is waiting for one?

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Pilotman said:

No, I do not need to just wait, I still need to pay 50% before I receive the model, and therefore it has budget impacts.

How long does it take to just let us know there is a delay? Sorry if you think that is unreasonable. 

Roy

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I’m not sure there’s any fundamental difference between reading an email that says a model has been delayed, or reading it on a manufacturer’s website. Except, perhaps, the latter is easier for the manufacturer to disseminate the information. Anyway, we clearly have different ideas about what is reasonable so I’m going to leave it there. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry for the delays on this - as we've explained previously we've been really struggling to to get the PCBs (which is now solved but they are now being fitted).  

We do send out newsletter emails periodically with product updates but it is always a balance between keeping people up to date and not spamming people (plus of course we can only send newsletters to people signed up for them).

On something like this it could be quite tiresome for some people to get regular emails saying something has been delayed, though ultimately it is personal preference as to how often you want to be updated.

We try to keep the website as up to date as possible with the latest information from the factories we use so that someone can always see the latest information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

25 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

Sorry for the delays on this - as we've explained previously we've been really struggling to to get the PCBs (which is now solved but they are now being fitted).  

We do send out newsletter emails periodically with product updates but it is always a balance between keeping people up to date and not spamming people (plus of course we can only send newsletters to people signed up for them).

On something like this it could be quite tiresome for some people to get regular emails saying something has been delayed, though ultimately it is personal preference as to how often you want to be updated.

We try to keep the website as up to date as possible with the latest information from the factories we use so that someone can always see the latest information.

I spoke to you at G.E.T.S. last year. They will be here when they are here, no arguements. I treated myself to the network southeast version of caroline  it was my end of (the first lockdown) treat to myself. At the time I drove a taxi in Blackpool. I then used the money that the council gave me towards my next hackney licence to buy a Dapol 73 in network southeast livery to go with caroline. 

I am really looking forward to this carriage.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

Thanks for your reply Mike. To be honest I think the balance shifts from when an item is, for example, a year or so away versus the point when you are going to be asking for money potentially any day soon.

In the former case, it is not such an issue to not know of a delay until checking the website, in the latter case an email or posting helps as it is information pushed to us rather than us having to poll the website regularly.

I was a little frustrated when I first posted as I now have a fixed maximum budget each month (self imposed) and I missed purchasing a Rails flash deal as my April money was "committed" to the second half for Caroline. Had I been aware of the delay, I would have had both. Irrelevant now as I sent April's budget on a Hattons flash sale Dapol 73 today 🙂   - don't tell the wife it is May now 😉

I know you are all working hard for us and that effort is appreciated.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

as long as its not ready to get posted to new zealand in june/july as am away on holiday that time 

cheers 

john

19 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2023 at 15:48, Revolution Mike said:

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with getting PCB's, and glad that the issue has been resolved, but you must now have a firm idea of a shipping date, approximately when after then they will arrive in the UK, clear customs onwards towards customers.

12 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with getting PCB's, and glad that the issue has been resolved, but you must now have a firm idea of a shipping date, approximately when after then they will arrive in the UK, clear customs onwards towards customers.

That's the reason why the website states June / July 2023.  If the PCBs are being fitted now, then shipping will be in a couple of weeks and it takes four to six weeks to move a consignment from China to the UK (depending on which route the ship they are ultimately loaded on takes) and then there may be a week to clear customs in the UK (depending on how busy they are) and then at least a week for Revolution to get through posting out all the models.  Those who ordered first (and paid in full) will likely get their model first.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's all gone quiet again on the Caroline front. Project Overview page was updated yesterday, but no change to the Estimated Delivery of June/July 2023 and in Final stages of production. If they're not on there way yet, i'm kinda guessing that we'll now expect these to arrive in the early Autumn perhaps, maybe?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/06/2023 at 15:17, Geep7 said:

It's all gone quiet again on the Caroline front. Project Overview page was updated yesterday, but no change to the Estimated Delivery of June/July 2023 and in Final stages of production. If they're not on there way yet, i'm kinda guessing that we'll now expect these to arrive in the early Autumn perhaps, maybe?

Shipping from China is typically 6 weeks, so if they are nearly finished, they could well be here before Autumn. 

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi chaps,

We won't hold back with news.  When there is something to say we will say it.  All we know is that the bodyshells have been completed for ages, and they are just waiting for PCBs for the lights.  It's pretty much the same story with every model that needs electronics right now.

It's a bit pointless trying to second guess when the models will be here because until we know they are ready to ship we will have no real idea ourselves.  Last I heard they were expecting the PCBs imminently, so allowing a couple of weeks for them to be fitted and tested I would imagine they'll be ready to ship very soon - but that is just a guess and not a promise!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3