More model ideas

I know it's a preservation era thing, but I do think it would be good if Accessible TSOs (such as the 'fuss-free' vehicles on the NYMR) were covered in such a range, whilst a small part of the MK1 story it may still be something that could be included. This would probably only really appeal though to a minority of modellers, but who knows.

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

With the price point and age of the Bachmann models though it does seem that a new tooled range would not go amiss, and with Hornby's offering also being priced at a point that to me at least seems unreasonable, it makes most sense to me for an Accurascale range of coaches, which even at £70 rrp (with the 10% bundle would mean it is £63 a coach, which is something like £10 more than the Bachmann ones at retailers), it also seems to be a logical addition to the growing Accurascale range, and with over 60 years worth of use on both national rail and heritage railways it seems it would fit in well with the Manors, Buckjumpers, 30/31s, 37s, 50s, and Deltics quite nicely.

The Bachmann model is being 20 years old (according to Hattons it was released in 1999 making it over 24 years old as of writing this), plus the high RRP of these models, and the lack of availability of select liveries, it does make it seem, at least to myself, like there is a market for new tooled MK1s.

Got a few Replica, a rake of Bachman  but quite a few Triang, for TSOs and BGs.

Mainline buffets.

Plastruct trussing, replica bogies and glazing, mjt vents.

Cheap and accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

I know it's a preservation era thing, but I do think it would be good if Accessible TSOs (such as the 'fuss-free' vehicles on the NYMR) were covered in such a range, whilst a small part of the MK1 story it may still be something that could be included. This would probably only really appeal though to a minority of modellers, but who knows.

I think on a broader sense there could be a market for preservation era Mk1s or those specific to charter services such as the Jacobite - not sure how accurate the forthcoming Bachmann WCR versions are going to be with the steps etc. Although specific fuss-free coaches would be ideal for me. 

• Agree 2

How viable would it be to propose some new Mk3A/B's into the range? I am more for BR era and early privatisation of 1997/8 but that's the limit. I wouldn't say no to a more wallet friendly HST pack either of a 2+2 starter pack like Lima used to do. Now I have another question? Are EMU's viable in OO gauge for Accurascale? Why? Because I would like to propose a NSE Class 319 EMU for OO gauge. Crumbs, if they pull that one out of the hat! It will pwn anything else in the OO gauge EMU range for BR era at the very least!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritishRail60062 said:

How viable would it be to propose some new Mk3A/B's into the range? I am more for BR era and early privatisation of 1997/8 but that's the limit. I wouldn't say no to a more wallet friendly HST pack either of a 2+2 starter pack like Lima used to do. Now I have another question? Are EMU's viable in OO gauge for Accurascale? Why? Because I would like to propose a NSE Class 319 EMU for OO gauge. Crumbs, if they pull that one out of the hat! It will pwn anything else in the OO gauge EMU range for BR era at the very least!

I'd think new MK 3 / 3a / 3b could be a very good shout with the numbers produced and visibility through the county. Only issue might be differentiating new MK3 s when there could be a lot of existing HST trailers models on the market already possibly making demand more price conscious.

There would also be production hst coaches which could be included and royal train conversions which could be popular

319s would be great but risky with Bachmann doing them in n gauge and could easily upscale to OO. 317 or 321 families would probably be better

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Continuing the theme of "More Same Old Model Ideas", it must be quite a few weeks since a 4SUB has been mooted .... let alone a Brighton D1 ! 😁 

Not forgetting the AM10/Class 310  (in N gauge of course) :-) 

Edited by Brian-1c

10 hours ago, XChris said:

Must be some more announcements soon with the FNA-D’s now arrived and the 37’s coming through. I wonder what’s next!

The only new announcements so far this year are the Class 66 and the Class J67/68/69. Other announcements are all re-runs or exclusives.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

The only new announcements so far this year are the Class 66 and the Class J67/68/69. Other announcements are all re-runs or exclusives.

We have a lot underway :) However we’re slowly moving to a ‘launch later’ in the process model as feedback indicates customers don’t like waiting :) 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, McC said:

We have a lot underway :) However we’re slowly moving to a ‘launch later’ in the process model as feedback indicates customers don’t like waiting :) 

This is clearly the future.  As AI gets better at predicting demand, it will soon become possible to charge customers' cards and despatch the models without ever announcing anything at all, saving a great deal of tedious effort.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, McC said:

The only downside to that is not all modellers have the money to pay for models in the shorter amount of time, especially at the moment given the current economic state and a backlog of model announced during Covid. As nice as the shorter wait is for some it may not benefit others. Going by recent announcements, are you looking at them being done when the first EP arrives?  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Shaun66 said:

The only downside to that is not all modellers have the money to pay for models in the shorter amount of time, especially at the moment given the current economic state and a backlog of model announced during Covid. As nice as the shorter wait is for some it may not benefit others. Going by recent announcements, are you looking at them being done when the first EP arrives?  

Roughly. Our goal is to provide between 6 months and 12 months ‘notice’ of stock in hand. So that’s either late EP or decorated samples stage depending on the model and project complexity. Based on feedback, again, 6-12 months is the ‘sweet spot’ for customers wishing to split payments or make installments or simply save up / plan spending. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I’m not sure they can win.

” where’s my model - I want it faster, sooner, quicker “

” I don’t want it yet, I can’t afford it “.

You’ve got to find a compromise between those two points - best of luck !

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Chester August 4-5th

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/accurascale-making-tracks-with-pete-waterman-and-announce-a-takeover

Further to this, we will be hosting an ‘Accurascale Takeover’ on the 4th & 5th of August where we’ll be showcasing early samples of our anticipated Class 50, Class 31, Class 89 and perhaps a new announcement... 

Edited by reddragon
add link