Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

13 hours ago, 97406 said:

The Oxford connection may prevent this, but I'd like to see a rerun of the PHV ICI hoppers. They were the first "goods trains" that I remember and I'd accumulate a full rake in advance of extending the layout so I can run full trains when I do.

N84-1204T

Pic from John Catterson's Flickr page - Link below

john catterson

You needed a clearer picture of the wagons, didn't you ? 🤓

T-T

Capture40060.JPG

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, tinsley-toton said:

T-T

Capture40060.JPG

40060, the one that didn’t get preserved. Oh for a lottery win and a time machine!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, reddragon said:

ex Hattons FEAs with couplings that stay connected & better fittings for containers, plus exciting never made options would be a big win!

Couldn’t agree more with this! I’m hoping for the x2 container variants used with Freightliner for their Binliner services. Would go great with the green FEA’s. The GBRF ones have carried the Gypsum blue containers already produced for their PFA’s too… 

common rodders Accurascale, you know it makes sense 😁

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, tinsley-toton said:

T-T

Capture40060.JPG

Doesn't AS already make a 37, one that doesn't make a screeching 🤣 sound? 

• Like 1

I've probably mentioned this before (along with the NIR 80 class) but I do think there is room in the market for an Accurascale FGA-FFA original Freightliner flat especially now Bachmann seem to have put their models to bed.  Given they ran mainly in fixed 5 car rakes (although some were later shortened) and the way Accurascale offer bulk packs I could see a five car boxed set of bare container flats (given the availability of loose containers on the market) being affordable and popular.  A five car pack would be fine for smaller layouts whilst those with larger set ups could run 10-20 at a time.  Even if Bachmann do remember they have the models in their range, I would expect Accurascale to be more competitively priced and if sold in 5 packs at least you'll have a complete rake rather than the Bachmann situation where you can still get the FGA pairs but FFAs are rarer than hen's dentures in a pile of rocking horse dung.

• Like 2

Since Fran mentioned a "small announcement" and the video isn't up and scheduled to premiere as we are halfway over the week, I can think of two(or three) updates that can be made:

• Buckjumper fully decorated samples (Can't wait for the matte smokebox!)
  • Class 30 Mirless sound demonstration
  • maybe NER 20T hopper decorated samples?

All of which seem to be a bit behind others but are all scheduled to arrive in the first half of this year. Looking forward for these :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BrakeCoach said:

Since Fran mentioned a "small announcement" and the video isn't up and scheduled to premiere as we are halfway over the week, I can think of two(or three) updates that can be made:

• Buckjumper fully decorated samples (Can't wait for the matte smokebox!)
  • Class 30 Mirless sound demonstration
  • maybe NER 20T hopper decorated samples?

All of which seem to be a bit behind others but are all scheduled to arrive in the first half of this year. Looking forward for these :)

Isn't it just the announcement that they're picking up the Andrew Barclays and P class from Hattons.

Edited by Karl

1 minute ago, Karl said:

Isn't it just the announcement that they're picking up the Andrew Barclays and P class from Hattons.

Well he said later this week, so I assumed it would be on the later half of this week

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Karl said:

I'd be pretty confident that is the small announcement. Next big one will probably be around Model Rail Scotland where they announce a...

14 minutes ago, E100 said:

I'd be pretty confident that is the small announcement. Next big one will probably be around Model Rail Scotland where they announce a...

...caley tank, K2/2, K4 and D40....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, E100 said:

…… class 31!

Oh, that was at Model Rail Scotland 2022 - how time flies!

John S

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, McC said:

There’s a little announcement Friday. 

Then quite a few more after that this year ! 

I'm very glad I was wrong!