More model ideas

On 10/02/2024 at 08:15, 60027Merlin said:

Add in to that the D30 Scott with wonderful names from Sir Walter Scott's novels and poems , as they, like the D34 Glen, had a wide area of working.

D34s were also a 6ft driving wheel variant of the D30 (6ft 6 driving wheels) with boilers being interchangeable between the two classes, as well as same cab designs, tenders, bogie wheels, and even overall wheelbase, etc so there would be common tooling. Since Accurascale have done a “family” of locos before (GWR pannier tanks) so would make sense that if the D34 is ever tackled by them, one could hit two birds with one stone with the tooling suite

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

All these points and more have been intimated to various manufacturers over the years especially at the AMRSS Show in Glasgow.

Faith is a great thing!

Edited by 60027Merlin
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I'd say your chances are increasing; steam-outline models still sell well and the low-hanging fruit is getting higher.  There are big hitters still not done in RTR, and others done previously that need retooling to current standards, but they are being picked off and once they are in production, the RTR boys will be looking for fruit higher up the tree.  This is where your D30/34s and other Scottish prototypes my well find a place in the biodiverstiy; even the most obscure of prototypes will sell to some extent, because of collectors and that some people must have everything on their layouts.

They will start appearing in wishlists once the Counties and Austin Sevens have been ticked off, and eventually make their way into production. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Is the MRS announcement at the show again? The reason I ask is I'll make a beeline for the stand otherwise I'll head to the back of the show!

Edited by E100

• RMweb Premium

It certainly could be though I suspect they might want to make more of big bang new tooled announcement welcome as those are. The most recent loco has been the pannier (excluding the Hatton's announcements) which would be around 3 months ago. Alternatively a raft of Scottish 37's inc. 37/4's would go down very well.

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

Mk2a coaches. I'm not paying £70 to £100 on Ebay for a second hand Bachmann TSO 

How much would you pay for one? I have W5316.

Edited by reddragon
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

I'm looking at probably 30 to 40. Bit skint at the moment though mainly partly due to going shopping on Accurascale's website hehe 

I paid more than £40 but less than £70, maybe I should list it?

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

Yeah maybe put it at 50 or 55 it'll probably go. I've been outbid every time I've gone for one. 

Well, I have to fund my AS purchases somehow 😁

• Round of applause 1

Taff Vale Railway O1 could be interesting to see, given it would be the only Welsh pregrouping loco done in 00 gauge ready to run...
You've got Swindonised variants as well as the possibility for one in NCB condition.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

Taff Vale Railway O1 could be interesting to see, given it would be the only Welsh pregrouping loco done in 00 gauge ready to run...
You've got Swindonised variants as well as the possibility for one in NCB condition.

info about the preserved 01 here and it is notable how dreary GW livery is compared to the TVR and Hetton schemes.

Alternatively an 02 is also preserved and operational on the Worth Valley.  It too worked for the NCB in County Durham as Lambton No. 52. I don't think we've had an rtr Lambton engine yet - a major omission in my opinion.

21437773465_da7793c226_k.jpgLambton Hetton & Joicey Colliery Railway 52 by Nick Baxter, on Flickr

• Like 3

Either one would be cool, there is a lack of anything pregrouping from Wales, and comparatively speaking, Scottish pregrouping gets a lot of attention.

If I remember correctly the O2 also takes parts from the TVR U or U1...

25 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

Either one would be cool, there is a lack of anything pregrouping from Wales, and comparatively speaking, Scottish pregrouping gets a lot of attention.

If I remember correctly the O2 also takes parts from the TVR U or U1...

Didn't someone do the Kerr Stuart Victory Class that the Alexandra Docks and Brecon & Merthyr had?

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Didn't someone do the Kerr Stuart Victory Class that the Alexandra Docks and Brecon & Merthyr had?

Jason

Planet Industrials in 00 (and Minerva in 0).

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

As @Flying Pig says, Planet Industrials did, however more my main point on the matter is if compared to the Scottish pregrouping scene there is a lacking of motive power available ready to run when it comes to prototypes from the likes of the Taff Vale.

And in regards to the Taff Vale, the TVR A Class could be one of the most interesting, and versatile locos given the number of class members (58 and some lasted till 1957)... Though it might be better to stick to the TVR O1 and O2 classes given both have preserved examples available.

• Like 1