More model ideas

18 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

Given the number of identities being covered in the initial batches, I'm certainly not expecting Accurascale to follow Hornby's practice of making additional releases in Year 2, and quite possibly not Year 3, either.

The total numbers produced by both companies are likely to be fairly similar eventually, but the way they get produced/released looks like being different and anyone expecting Year 2 models from Accurascale may be disappointed.

John

Well, we know there's a 2nd run of 37s in the works, and they do have a habit of redoing the stuff that sells quickly (nuke PFA, Castle PCA for example).

I'd not rule anything out, although I think 37s have a far broader appeal than 55s.

• RMweb Premium

Just discovered that nobody makes a USA class S160 loco. Roco made a HO version but no OO gauge or UK versions were ever made.

Imagine being able to realistically model a USA loco in the UK with those great whistles!

Accurascale have so far produced some fantastic models in 00 gauge. I think that there is a big gap in the market for some O gauge ready to run models and with the standard that Accurascale are producing in 00 Gauge, could really revolutionise O gauge. 

My personal hopes for models in O gauge are as follows:

GWR Manor class

Class 150 DMU
Class 153 DMU

Class 158 DMU 

I think these models would sell very well in O gauge. 

2 hours ago, reddragon said:

Just discovered that nobody makes a USA class S160 loco. Roco made a HO version but no OO gauge or UK versions were ever made.

Imagine being able to realistically model a USA loco in the UK with those great whistles!

I’ve wanted one since I saw the real thing at Locomotion during the launch of the APT-E. Wonderful beasts!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Well, we know there's a 2nd run of 37s in the works, and they do have a habit of redoing the stuff that sells quickly (nuke PFA, Castle PCA for example).

I'd not rule anything out, although I think 37s have a far broader appeal than 55s.

Add the HUOs to that re run list.

The 37s will certainly run for several releases. The only green ones announced so far have been the first five split headcodes. There will certainly be a run of split headcode D6706-D6819 in green some with SYP and some with FYN. There are then the centre headcode range in original condition D6820-D6999 and D6600-D6608.   Then there are BR blue locos in early condition before they were "mauled"

Then you look at headcode and boiler filler / steps platings etc etc.

I am convinced the A/S 37 range will be with us for quite some years. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I think the North Eastern Railway T3 or LNER Q7 would be a great locomotive to pull those NER 20t Hoppers that will be announced the moment I get started building the Slaters kits I've had since 1990.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously (as I’m not going to read 68 pages of comments right now), but how about the long Polybulk wagons? https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/grainpolybulk Bachmann have done the shorter ones that were mostly used for clay and other materials. I think the grain carrying ones would do well. I’d certainly like a couple of green ones with Grainflow lettering, a plain green one and a couple of Scottish Malt Distillers ones. Not exactly powering the nation, but feeding the nation! 

• Agree 5

13 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously (as I’m not going to read 68 pages of comments right now), but how about the long Polybulk wagons? https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/grainpolybulk Bachmann have done the shorter ones that were mostly used for clay and other materials. I think the grain carrying ones would do well. I’d certainly like a couple of green ones with Grainflow lettering, a plain green one and a couple of Scottish Malt Distillers ones. Not exactly powering the nation, but feeding the nation! 

I’ve been banging on about these for years. I’m still waiting. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A good modern (BR onwards) tamper wouldn't good a miss! Feel like we haven't had a properly tooled ones of these before - and would technically cover all of the UK's railways? I cannot be the only one who thinks it would be a good bet?

on a more simpler scale something that is desperate for us modern image modellers is an MLA - they get all over the country and come in Metronet Yellow, Network Rail Yellow and EWS / Debranded EWS. Modellers are crying out for these to help complete rakes with MCA's and Network Rail JNA's etc

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Something by Plasser, big yellow and with DCC controlled moving parts, come on A?S, do a world first!

Might be a little tricky making the tines adjustable for 16.5mm, 18.2mm and 18.83mm gauges ( or even 21mm ? ).

Probably tricky persuading scale ballast to behave like the real stuff too !

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Just had an email inviting me to "Recreate the East Coast Main Line With Accurascale".  Ooh, I thought, the boys at Accurascale have persuaded the East Coast Main Line to dress up in period costume and be scanned so we can buy a 3d printed 1970s East Coast Main Line with the Hertford loop dunking its period-authentic rich tea in a cuppa.  I was really looking forward to the launch of AccuraEastCoastMainLine but apperently it isn't about that all, just something to do with Class 31s.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Just had an email inviting me to "Recreate the East Coast Main Line With Accurascale".

I'm now eagerly awaiting a "Recreate the Cambrian Coast Express" email with an announcement of GWR Collett "Sunshine" coaches

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Ones to me that are screaming to be upgraded are the Black 5 and 8F - which I think must be due, especially the latter. Hornby has been ok with its Black 5 but the 8F hasnt been DCC really at all. 

In terms of diesel then its got to be the class 50 and in terms of stock then Mk. 3 and HST must be being looked at by someone. I also think (for some reason) that the High output ballast job must be on the radar, given a lot of it would be the same wagon in formation done over and over and over again as needed for the size of your rake on the layout. The really obvious ones though remain class 185 and 220/221/222... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Black Hat said:

Ones to me that are screaming to be upgraded are the Black 5 and 8F - which I think must be due, especially the latter. Hornby has been ok with its Black 5 but the 8F hasnt been DCC really at all. 

In terms of diesel then its got to be the class 50 and in terms of stock then Mk. 3 and HST must be being looked at by someone. I also think (for some reason) that the High output ballast job must be on the radar, given a lot of it would be the same wagon in formation done over and over and over again as needed for the size of your rake on the layout. The really obvious ones though remain class 185 and 220/221/222... 

An all-new Hornby Black Five has already been announced, along with the Caprotti variant.

I'd not be surprised at an announcement of a 8F, though.  A bang-up job on a Fowler 2-6-4T (including the side-window cab variant) would be welcome, plus some Period 2 coaches and a Stove R to go with it....

From my Southern viewpoint I'd like to see some LSWR/SR 'Ironclad' coaches, including the 1949 pull-push conversions of the 2-sets.

Oh, and (I must have mentioned these before) some "proper" 6-wheel milk tanks.

John

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

I'm now eagerly awaiting a "Recreate the Cambrian Coast Express" email with an announcement of GWR Collett "Sunshine" coaches

To be fair, Accurascale are about to release the Manor and pretty much every other Cambrian loco with the exception of the Cambrian 0-6-0s are done, although ...... I have seen a photo of an "Aberdare" on it's way to Barmouth Junction from Ruabon and would love to know whether it went over the bridge and into Barmouth.

The "Aberdare" class would be a very nice loco, and I believe would sell well in it's various liveries. It would be BR for me but I am sure the majority sales would be in GWR livery.

3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

An all-new Hornby Black Five has already been announced, along with the Caprotti variant.

I'd not be surprised at an announcement of a 8F, though.  A bang-up job on a Fowler 2-6-4T (including the side-window cab variant) would be welcome, plus some Period 2 coaches and a Stove R to go with it....

From my Southern viewpoint I'd like to see some LSWR/SR 'Ironclad' coaches, including the 1949 pull-push conversions of the 2-sets.

Oh, and (I must have mentioned these before) some "proper" 6-wheel milk tanks.

John

You didn't mention the Fowler and Stanier 2-6-2 tanks in the 40xxx number series. 

Two very useful targets. 

• Agree 1