Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Thought it was Derek Cross who was the tree climber; he was known for going up signal posts at the drop of a hat, or in his case perhaps it was a mitre...

He may well have done, but Ben Ashworth was very well known for it.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Thought it was Derek Cross who was the tree climber; he was known for going up signal posts at the drop of a hat, or in his case perhaps it was a mitre...

Another for Ben Ashworth. His image of a 14xx ( 58xx ?) with an open and a Toad with a crowded veranda is one that immediately springs to mind. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 28/04/2022 at 09:16, moore43grm said:

Hiding the gap between the edge of the layout and the back scene

IMG_6332.jpg.d8254d1e4f112d6acf0b59a3a10790ed.jpg

Worthy of a place on the Shed Thread. Lovely weathering on the tin roof.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Another for Ben Ashworth. His image of a 14xx ( 58xx ?) with an open and a Toad with a crowded veranda is one that immediately springs to mind. 

1420 with the Presteign goods, I believe.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

1420 with the Presteign goods, I believe.

Thanks CK. Yes. If I further recall correctly as I am away from the bookshelves at present, the veranda faces the loco and its a five plank wagon. Easy to replicate in 7mm........oh.........

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Where is the shed thread?

It's in the Kit-building & Scratch-building section. Although most of the photos have gone unless the original posters repost.

Edited by Rowsley17D

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The interesting point of the Bishop of Liverpool climbing trees or signal posts is that he was, by all accounts, a rather portly gentleman not of the sort one would normally associate with going up trees or signal posts...  I have no idea whether Ben Ashworth was an endo- or an ecto-morph, but I certainly enjoy his photographs.  I have a tendeny to confuse him with George Heirion sometimes, though...

• RMweb Gold

On shed….I keep meaning to right the wheelbarrow and drip some resin from the end of the water crane hose. I will one day but it’s only been about 3 years so I will….maybe.

02737F38-0ABF-4E6E-B584-799322DC3752.png

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

The interesting point of the Bishop of Liverpool climbing trees or signal posts is that he was, by all accounts, a rather portly gentleman not of the sort one would normally associate with going up trees or signal posts...

Did he also get into strange conversations with actresses?

:D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Not to any greater or lesser extent than what is considered normal for Bishops TTBOMK.  He is quite difficult to pin down on Google, you keep getting directed to some bloke callled Derek Warlock.

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2022 at 15:23, The Johnster said:

The interesting point of the Bishop of Liverpool climbing trees or signal posts is that he was, by all accounts, a rather portly gentleman not of the sort one would normally associate with going up trees or signal posts... 

Notwithstanding which there are relatively few images including signal posts in his collection as he was more often than not up them!  

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, and my respect for the guy is enhanced by my own signal-climbing exploits as a Canton guard back in the 70s, in particular with regard to gaining the best line-of-sight position for handsignalling the locomotive while shunting the 'Aberthaw Cement' at Aberthaw G.F. from the rotting boards of the  platform of a GW rh bracket signal, Blue Anchor's up home, which controlled the junction into the CEGB reception sidings from the west.  This thing shook about quite alarmingly when a board was pulled off, never mind when I was messing around up there!  I am a 'gentleman of a certain carriage' (the sort with 6-wheeled bogies and strengthened trusses) these days, but a lithe and lissom 12 stone back then.

The rusting ladder to access it didn't exactly inspire confidence, either...

• Friendly/supportive 1