Show us yours - Realistic modelling

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, JZ said:

Another building ready for placement on the layout.

386411465_10163401875584012_1697167373210870659_n.jpg.2771755c0f56f8143ef2f4a894d6cdb6.jpg

386548882_10163401876039012_7754209137204542708_n.jpg.d30711d48e4af92fe3638c47611f713a.jpg

Very neat, just a little tip or two, add a space between each picture as it makes them easier to view, and use a plain background to hide the workbench clutter

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The telephoto lens and natural light forgives a lot of sins, Bri.dolan; I think it's fine here and I'm happy to believe I'm somewhere in the northwestern parts of Greater Manchester on a sunny late morning c 1970!  Be good to repeat the shot when the ballasting, signals, and weathering are done, though!

I've just realised the similarity between EM1s and AT-ATs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

The telephoto lens and natural light forgives a lot of sins, Bri.dolan; I think it's fine here and I'm happy to believe I'm somewhere in the northwestern parts of Greater Manchester on a sunny late morning c 1970!  Be good to repeat the shot when the ballasting, signals, and weathering are done, though!

I've just realised the similarity between EM1s and AT-ATs.

I’ll certainly repeat the shot once I’ve got all that and the overhead up 

They do do have a look of them don’t they ,might have to stick some legs and guns on the 76 and see what it looks like lol

Brian 

Edited by Bri.dolan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bri.dolan said:

Hope this is good enough to post I’ll remove if not

I know there’s a lot to do to complete this scene but really liked this picture of my under construction layout 

Brian 

IMG_3345.jpeg

I like the composition of the shot, it's very convincing.

There's more than enough here to suggest that it's going to be a cracking model railway and tends to tune out the unfinished elements.

My layout isn't finished either, but I've posted bits of it on here that I like and hope that others do too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I like the composition of the shot, it's very convincing.

There's more than enough here to suggest that it's going to be a cracking model railway and tends to tune out the unfinished elements.

My layout isn't finished either, but I've posted bits of it on here that I like and hope that others do too.

Thankyou Mr wolf  I appreciate that .

It’s  Always a bit nerve racking posting in a thread with such high quality modelling .

Brian 

• Friendly/supportive 6

On 06/10/2023 at 09:58, Captain Kernow said:

Lovely effects all round - weathered track, scenery, backscene...

And Jamaica Inn is just the other side of that tor....

Totally off Topic, but my parents had their Honeymoon in Jamaica Inn, in April 1945, as Dads uncle was the Landlord. Sorry Andy Y, for the interruption to normal service.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Kelvin B said:

Coopers Common, the N gauge layout I have made for my Son and his Children is now finished

You’ve done a good job with blending that Kato Unitrack in, if I may say so. 

• Agree 1