Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

On 06/02/2024 at 07:27, steve1 said:

Closed signal box, Millicent Street.

steve

E70C8206-1B3E-487A-9AE2-FE894FF97AE3.jpeg

That has to be the most convincing model of a disused signalbox I've ever seen.

The crossing boards look nice and rotten too!

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

With remnants of its unofficial "Redland roof tiles" name visible, very scruffy 08909 waits in Cambridge sidings for its next movement. 

IMG_20240208_113722.jpg.893c61b75d76637d6aff5b9986f7eec7.jpg

IMG_20240208_113656.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
On 31/07/2020 at 05:10, Kylestrome said:

7581.jpg.6d1d985e0fe4651cfcfdeb7c224f121e.jpg

Class 25 7581 arriving at Kinlochmore with a short freight from North Ballachulish in the summer of 1969. The sun is out for a change.

Station-building.jpg.8e0eeb41963ab6a71f60c6a54c4f8dbf.jpg

Having just parked my Claud Butler on the station platform, I’ve nipped over the bridge to take a quick shot of the station building from the goods yard. It looks like rain is on the way, so I might just put the bike on the afternoon train back to Fort William.

David

Claud Butler bikes. Myself and my mates always wanted one of those. Centre pull brakes and Campag' gears. Never happened though.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, peterm1 said:

Claud Butler bikes. Myself and my mates always wanted one of those. Centre pull brakes and Campag' gears. Never happened though.

Not a Claud Butler but a Raleigh Grand Sport with GB brakes and Campag' gears. Best bike I've ever owned should have kept it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peterm1 said:

My father bought one of the early ones with metallic red paint, chromed forks and 4 speed BSA pattern derailleur gears, it cost him £27 back in 1954 which must have been an absolute fortune. It lived in the front room of my grandparents house, as even then, fancy bicycles tended to walk.

I had a Vindec with Campagnolo fittings and Weinmann centre pull brakes I used on time trials, followed by a Peugeot Clubman that I still have, although it's become a real woodsman's axe over time!

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

My father bought one of the early ones with metallic red paint, chromed forks and 4 speed BSA pattern derailleur gears, it cost him £27 back in 1954 which must have been an absolute fortune. It lived in the front room of my grandparents house, as even then, fancy bicycles tended to walk.

I had a Vindec with Campagnolo fittings and Weinmann centre pull brakes I used on time trials, followed by a Peugeot Clubman that I still have, although it's become a real woodsman's axe over time!

I bought a Humber snipe for £25.00 in about 1969. Just shows the value on different things.

Woodsman axe or Triggers broom. :-)

• Like 1