RMweb

WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived about 30 minutes ago, three cosmetic problems.

The lance valve was loose as mentioned early in this thread but a small drop of super glue corrected that problem.

The right hand front step was unstuck, but super glue corrected that as well.

The right hand hand rail at the front had the use of to much glue on the stand off's on the boiler.

I can live with the defects as I feel it would be to much hassle to send it back with so small defects

Terry

P1000097.JPG

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Just paid for mine. I must really make a note of my pre-orders. Just found out while I was trying to remember who I ordered this off that I've ordered two identical sets of Dapol toplights from different suppliers. Managed to get one of them changed to a different set.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Doing my best.1504 on its way from Sheffield,so I’m informed.

Thanks but too late  - it was 1504 that I had my eye on too! So thats a 15xx to join the equally unlikely 78xx amongst the predominantly NE region steam and diesel fleet 🙄🤣

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

1504. Running in on DC; bit of a blast, Light Engine as suggested in the Handbook, which is hilarious in places; well done whoever wrote that!

Likes going in Reverse. Superb speed control in both directions. Smooth and almost silent on an old H & M Duette. It can shift, but also runs at a lovely prototypical cantering speed, without hesitation or deviation but certainly repetition.

Arrived in perfect condition from Widnes, in an Impact Protection Box (new and UK made) and carefully wrapped as always. 

This is easily the heaviest and most beautiful  4mm Tank Engine I've seen since I got the USA and that's a lightweight in comparison (but still a fantastic Engine).

Amazing detail. The Valve Gear is exceptional. It REALLY LOOKS CLASS.

Thank you Rapido, even if I didn't need one. 

It will appear on my Seaton Junction Layout, as it is tested on the Seaton Branch and Express Dairy Shunting Duties (and also Meldon Quarry Shunting Duties as an 83D Engine), when made redundant from 81A and moved West by that rotten BRWR Management bunch circa 1963.

No pics as I CBA.

Phil

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

For custom numberplates and a fast turn around I use Railtec 3D Printed Transfers.

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4362

Steve does a cracking job and the product looks brilliant.

Just release from the decal paper as per a normal waterslide transfer. Allow them to dry out on a clean surface.

Then I use matt enamel varnish to fit them to the cabside allowing a bit of time for poking around with a cocktail stick for positioning.

Workbench Aug/Sept 2023

Cheers,

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 09/09/2023 at 11:08, AY Mod said:

Chunky munky!

IMG_20230909_103310.jpg

This is absolutely superb! Loving the front-end complexity as much as the Walschaerts.

IMG_20230909_103147.jpg

IMG_20230909_103211.jpg

Just phone snaps for now.

Mjne has just arrived and a ,maybe stupid question. The 'plates' above the door are angled, as opposed to straight as in Andy's snap. Are these moveable or meant to be removed?  

Another superbly detailed model - we are being spoilt!  Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, KeithAnthony said:

Mjne has just arrived and a ,maybe stupid question. The 'plates' above the door are angled, as opposed to straight as in Andy's snap. Are these moveable or meant to be removed?  

Hi Keith, 

I take you mean the cab shutters, they slide forwards. You'll have a bit of initial resistance but it is meant to slide.....Perhaps use a cotton bud to push them ? 

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, KeithAnthony said:

Hi Keith,

Mine arrived like that as well.

Like the prototypes they slide towards the front windows. Just push them gently. Rob's suggestion of a cotton bud is a top tip.

A nice touch from Rapido and perhaps a first for a OO Scale Pannier...

Cheers,

Mark

****Snap***

Edited by 46444
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Keith, 

I take you mean the cab shutters, they slide forwards. You'll have a bit of initial resistance but it is meant to slide.....Perhaps use a cotton bud to push them ? 

Rob

Oh, that's great! Thanks. I tried but didn't want to push to hard - I will now be more confident!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Collected mine from Alton today - duly tested befiore paying for it and it neds a spot of running-in (recommended in the instructions I understand.  

The 15XX is somethng of a stretch - by a couple pf dozen miles - for me but easy enough to explain that it was sent up from Newport due to tight curvature in some sidings on the branch and nothing else could manage them after the  sshsh reopened them due to changes in the international political situation and increased demand for certain things required by the militia.

Collected two WR brakevans at the same time - roofs of both looked to be nicely in place and will stay like that.  Unlike the BV collected by a friend some weeks back both of mine also have wheels t so no need to exercise Rapido's help organisation for me.

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Elsewhere there are cries for another Manufacturer that hail from Ireland but have a base in Brum, to produce a BR WR County 4.6.0.

If that isn't possible then PLEASE CAN YOU DO THEM Rapido? 

I say' them' as there were several chimney types, but I think that was the only difference in detail?

I'd have two.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Collected mine from Alton today - duly tested befiore paying for it and it neds a spot of running-in (recommended in the instructions I understand.  

The 15XX is somethng of a stretch - by a couple pf dozen miles - for me but easy enough to explain that it was sent up from Newport due to tight curvature in some sidings on the branch and nothing else could manage them after the  sshsh reopened them due to changes in the international political situation and increased demand for certain things required by the militia.

Collected two WR brakevans at the same time - roofs of both looked to be nicely in place and will stay like that.  Unlike the BV collected by a friend some weeks back both of mine also have wheels t so no need to exercise Rapido's help organisation for me.

Enjoy it Mike.

P

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Trainshed Terry said:

P1000097.JPG

Another moan at Rapido, sorry and all, but I've raised this before - we are paying for a model. The model is protected by a box.

Why does the box also have to be protected by more plastic??

Are you expecting a market in empty boxes, just for the artwork? (not bad I grant you, but still doesn't warrant a plastic wrapper). It's the same with your wagons.

At least Bachmann wrap their boxes (also unnecessarily) with tissue paper, although judging by the proportion of their boxes that make it to the shelves with the tissue still around them, lots of model railway retailers must have runny noses.

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Trainshed Terry said:

Just in case the parcels are left on the door step or other safe places and it is raining.

Terry.

Agreed. It protects the box....

And I like a tidy box.  Ooh err missus!

Edited by Moley48
  • Like 3
  • Funny 4

I'm not sure if something is missing from our 1501 but the firebox glow just looks like two LEDs poking through the firebox opening. 

EDIT: Nothing to see here. Good loco. Issue with the thing attached to the end of the controller. 

Edited by Moley48
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Remarkable service from Rails - ordered yesterday lunch, delivered before morning coffee today! First impressions - feels and looks like quality. Very well constructed, nothing unattached in the box, compensated middle driver - looking forward to testing! :)

UPDATE  - 1 front tank step detached - just found it on the desk. Running in trials commencing

Edited by MikeParkin65
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, 46444 said:

Allow them to dry out on a clean surface.

Intersted in these so can you please advise process. Why not straight into position? Do they 'lift' easily from dry surface? (probably answers 1!). Are they very delicate in their dry state after removal from backing paper? Team game, so any insights appreciated.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Keith,

They can be applied directly but like you say adherence may be a problem.

I tend to use a ceramic tile to let them dry out on. Once dry they are robust but still need careful handing. 

I've used them on several GWR locos and fitted new smokebox numberplates/shedcode plates with no problems or the transfer breaking up.

If you look on Wiggoforgold's Yelverton layout thread he uses them as well on GWR locos.

Fixing them in place with a small amount of varnish in my experience offers both the most secure method for fixing them and also time allowed for getting them on straight.

No cutting or filing and a brilliant product. No relationship with Railtec. Just an happy customer. The turn around time is good as well.

I will be using them on my 15xx when my next order goes in along with a few other Pannier tanks.

Hope that helps.

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

My 1504 arrived from Kernow today and is certainly a thing of beauty. Well worth the wait and it ran well straight out of the box. It even has a prototypical waddle.

Nothing detached as far as I can see, although there was a minor QC problem which is easily resolved (it's coming off anyway). More "flop" than "lock", but that's just a facet of my age... 😉

DT21604LR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold

First impressions continue to be very positive. Completed an hour either way on the rollers, smooth and quiet without any issues. It has the slightest of waddles as does everything in my experience with the sole exception of the latest Bachmann 37 which was so rock steady I kept going back to check it was actually running!

My 15xx is sound fitted and I now have had chance for some limited line running. The model is smooth and positive in motion. It is predictably strong (given the weight) and lifted the 8 coach test rake from the sidings without hesitation. The shunt mode is very  precise. The sound project is via Digitrains according to the leaflet. Its pleasingly well synched and has plenty of variety and randomness - it doesn't sound electronic or  too patterned. The volume is nearly as loud out of the box as the AS Manor and yet unlike the Manor it is not running at full volume. 

Very very happy with this purchase on day one. I thought my  vote for the Model of the Year was already decided but this has changed things.

My first Rapido loco but certainly wont be my last, getting an order in for HR 103 now :)

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1