WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Interestingly I see that an RN patrol craft has been keeping an eye on shipping off the Margate/Ramsgate area and has since moved to London Gateway.   a swcurity move possibly to ensure safe arrival???

Theres a lockdown level security operation on going at the moment, airports and sea ports, for an escaped criminal suspect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66733660

maybe related. But it seems the UK is on very high alert right now, which seems very unusual.

Edited by adb968008
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

They will arrive in the UK when the boat gets here and they will arrive on your layout at some point in the future over which none of us have any control so there is no point in worrying about it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Chris116 said:

They will arrive in the UK when the boat gets here and they will arrive on your layout at some point in the future over which none of us have any control so there is no point in worrying about it.

Is anyone actually worrying about It I wonder?  It's just like all of these things - they'll be here when they get here and not before then.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Theres a lockdown level security operation on going at the moment, airports and sea ports, for an escaped criminal suspect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66733660

maybe related. But it seems the UK is on very high alert right now, which seems very unusual.

I think it's more aimed to stop one particular human shaped export rather than hinder any eagerly anticipated  imports of toy trains. 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Just remember what else is actually going on whilst said human shaped object is at large and taking all the MSM time. Then think, bu##er all this, I'm going to buy two of these Engines because I can!.

Life is too short people.

I'm still trying to decide when one was sent to 72A/83D to be tested as Meldon Shunter! R1.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators

No problems starting a train of 17 Mk1s around a curve. A proper little beast with near silent running from the box.

Weighs in the same as a can of pop after two sips 

• Like 11

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mark C said:

Andy - you are a bad person

My apologies.

I'm sure you'll be delighted though. Let's be honest, you get a bit more VFM with the excess of waggly bits for a GWish loco.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

Anyone able to advise whether 1501 in br early crest (marked as 'as preserved') has any differences in markings or livery vs its 1950s condition? Ie, would anything mark it out of place on a 1950s layout? I appreciate I could order 1505 in br early crest but I prefer the history of 1501 and also the black (and not red) background on the running number. Thanks