WR ‘15XX’ 0-6-0PT - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

On 28/07/2023 at 21:05, TheSignalEngineer said:

Fortunately a few got to Wolverhampton Works for attention. It was common for Oxley or Stafford Road to use 'foreign' pannier tanks on local trip workings for a few days before returning to their home depot. A 15xx was even photographed on a passenger working at Worcester.

Any idea how these got to Wolverhampton?

I want to run my example (when it arrives!) through my GW&GC layout, but were they sent from OOC as LE or perhaps on the daily Acton to Banbury pick up goods?

Cheers

Paul 

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Any idea how these got to Wolverhampton?

I want to run my example (when it arrives!) through my GW&GC layout, but were they sent from OOC as LE or perhaps on the daily Acton to Banbury pick up goods?

Cheers

Paul 

Numerous possibilities - either dead in a freight train, or possibly light engine, or possibly even working (in stages) various trains.  But were they London engines which went to Stafford Road?  Don't forget there were also some in South Wales.

Return from works would probably be under their own power for running-in purposes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/08/2023 at 14:13, The Stationmaster said:

Numerous possibilities - either dead in a freight train, or possibly light engine, or possibly even working (in stages) various trains.  But were they London engines which went to Stafford Road?  Don't forget there were also some in South Wales.

Return from works would probably be under their own power for running-in purposes.

At least 1502, 1503 and 1507 were recorded there in Shedbash UK. I think the first two of those were always London division. 1507 did move and its visit may have been when transferred from Newport to London.

1503 was photographed at Worcester in 1961 on the 10.15 Wolverhampton -Worcester - Leamington train.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Moley48 said:

Looking forward to receiving 1501. I've been behind this engine a few times at SVR.

There are so many nice new locos popping up lately I've given up trying to run a specific era or region. 

I’ve decided to ultimately model a preserved railway. Then I can claim that anything goes :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Edge said:

I’ve decided to ultimately model a preserved railway. Then I can claim that anything goes :)

Always think the best model preserved railways even if fictuious are those with models of actually preseved working locos etc on them. Nothing worse IMO as watching such a layout and see a Claughton for example.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

Always think the best model preserved railways even if fictuious are those with models of actually preseved working locos etc on them. Nothing worse IMO as watching such a layout and see a Claughton for example.

The Claughtons were beautiful locos.  Like cars and ships, locos have a maximum economic life after which it's extravagant to keep spending more money on keeping them working.  Restoration of steam locos has become so expensive that it's become fashionable to build replicas instead.  If you want something to build a replica of, nothing better than the Claughton.  I see no reason why such a fictitious engine would be inappropriate to a fictitious preserved line.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

Hence why my three latest purchases are 1501, Prince of Wales and Railmotor 93 :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Edge said:

Although by no means strict policy. Our layout should allow for quite a broad range of locos without looking out of place. Our preserved railway will have a didcot style engine shed and lots of track work to hold a fair amount of stock. The network main line will host operations from 80's to mid 00's also without looking out of place (well that's the plan). Mainline station is loosely based on Grantham station with an NSE flavour. 

Ultimately we are not too fussed about what gets run. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Moley48 said:

Our layout should allow for quite a broad range of locos without looking out of place. Our preserved railway will have a didcot style engine shed and lots of track work to hold a fair amount of stock.

...Didcot style would mean a range of broad gauge locos !

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 28/08/2023 at 20:09, MG 7305 said:

Here's one I prepared earlier:

DSC01014.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

That is along similar lines (pardon the pun) to what our layout should look like. Although we have our mainline up on and embankment with an access road between that and what will be out preserved railway centre.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 04/09/2023 at 15:58, gwrrob said:

Not long to wait for the 15xx either as their post on Facebook says the vessel carrying the models to the UK has left Belgium.👍

I see that was posted 3 days ago so they'll have been in the UK for a couple days by now.  What happens next depends on whether they're individual container or groupage, and how long they take to clear Customs.  So maybe - if nobody drops them (sorry Rapido) - they will be available to distribute some time in the coming fortnight.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

You assume the boat was next stop UK after Belgium. They often carry up to Northern Europe before coming to the UK. Then again it might not 🤣

Bloody tease.😁

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

You assume the boat was next stop UK after Belgium. They often carry up to Northern Europe before coming to the UK. Then again it might not 🤣

There is a 'feeder' container ship shuttle service between Antwerp and London Gateway, and vice versa, several times every week.  While one large MSC vessel arriving at Felixstowe this afternoon has sailed there direct from Antwerp having previously arrived there from Rotterdam.. it all depends which route they're runn ing as to whether they call at Felixstowe notrthbound or southbouns d (or possibly both as some udsed to.

And if we go back 3 days as per that Farcebook page we find MSC Margarita arrived London Gateway from Antwerp on 3 September and CMW CGM Fort Fleur Depee, a feeder route ship, arrived London Gateway from Antwerp today.

Interestingly I see that an RN patrol craft has been keeping an eye on shipping off the Margate/Ramsgate area and has since moved to London Gateway.   a swcurity move possibly to ensure safe arrival???

• Like 1