Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

On 08/10/2023 at 22:14, billywhizz said:

Hi Wayne. Is there any progress with the crossover kits?

Kind regards. 
Bill. 

Hi Bill,

I haven't got around to taking photo's but if you email me I can provide the kits for sale before they get listed on the website.

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Wayne,

I'm rather late to the party so apologies if this has covered before (I've not read the previous 75 pages - must try harder 🤣):

1.  Whose rail do you use in your 00-sf point kits?

2.  Do you sell the machined vees and blades as separate items, and do you have any plans to offer these for other turnout sizes (B8, C10 etc.) ahead of any potential kit availability?

Thanks

Brian

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Bill,

I haven't got around to taking photo's but if you email me I can provide the kits for sale before they get listed on the website.

Thanks for the info Wayne. Just about finalised the track plan so will be placing an order for a few kits very soon. 
Looking forward to building some more of your kits!

Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, polybear said:

Hi Wayne,

I'm rather late to the party so apologies if this has covered before (I've not read the previous 75 pages - must try harder 🤣):

1.  Whose rail do you use in your 00-sf point kits?

2.  Do you sell the machined vees and blades as separate items, and do you have any plans to offer these for other turnout sizes (B8, C10 etc.) ahead of any potential kit availability?

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

The code 75 bullhead rail is supplied to me by the EM Gauge Society.

Yes I sell these separately (buzz us an email). Yes I do plan to do other sizes and formations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Assembled the ‘OO’ LH B7 crossover this evening. As with the other British Finescale turnout kits I have built, this was a delight to put together. In effect you are just building facing 2 turnouts at the same time. Just the tie bars to solder to the switch blades but that can wait until the morning. IMG_7906.jpeg.f297f09e19c8dc0e26b6f92d3c80f971.jpeg
Big thanks to Wayne for releasing this, I’m sure it will be a popular addition to the growing range! 
Flat bottom rail turnouts next please?? 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, billywhizz said:

Assembled the ‘OO’ LH B7 crossover this evening. As with the other British Finescale turnout kits I have built, this was a delight to put together. In effect you are just building facing 2 turnouts at the same time. Just the tie bars to solder to the switch blades but that can wait until the morning. IMG_7906.jpeg.f297f09e19c8dc0e26b6f92d3c80f971.jpeg
Big thanks to Wayne for releasing this, I’m sure it will be a popular addition to the growing range! 
Flat bottom rail turnouts next please?? 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

Seriously good track!

My only regret is having nowhere enough room here to deploy a mainline setting for this to be able to run a full length King + Coaches across.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, BWsTrains said:

Seriously good track!

My only regret is having nowhere enough room here to deploy a mainline setting for this to be able to run a full length King + Coaches across.

We would all love to have the space to model a mainline setting. This crossover is destined to become part of a run-round on a branch terminus. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Once I have found a hobby room/building measuring 50ft by 16ft with a reasonable size house attached (to satisfy senior management), I can start my mainline layout..!   And yes, Wayne has done a fantastic job.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 10/10/2023 at 18:07, Wayne Kinney said:

Yes I sell these separately (buzz us an email). Yes I do plan to do other sizes and formations.

Excellent idea to sell switch blades and crossing V parts separately...!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Here is a right hand and left hand B7 I have just assembled. However the right hand is the one in the foreground, and the left hand is the one in the back ground ! I did it this way as I wanted to maximize the minimum radius. The central of the 3 routes is laid out IMG_4842.jpeg.1a703178a193039f0ea0ec7eaa6be7d3.jpegon a transition curve.

Wayne’s kits are versatile to fit curved locations with no problem.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NFWEM57 said:

Once I have found a hobby room/building measuring 50ft by 16ft with a reasonable size house attached (to satisfy senior management), I can start my mainline layout..!   And yes, Wayne has done a fantastic job.

Emigrate!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, Dominion said:

Here is a right hand and left hand B7 I have just assembled. However the right hand is the one in the foreground, and the left hand is the one in the back ground ! I did it this way as I wanted to maximize the minimum radius. The central of the 3 routes is laid out IMG_4842.jpeg.1a703178a193039f0ea0ec7eaa6be7d3.jpegon a transition curve.

Agreed!

Beyond the odd mileage siding and traverser storage, I've barely a foot of straight track anywhere on my layout proper, all turnouts done in British Finescale.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dominion said:

Well done, Tom! This is a great example showing how the Finetrax turnouts can be moified and curved to suit. Thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

When are your P4 kits going to be available?  Am I right to assume that you’ll be doing B7 and 1in7 diamonds and slips?

Hi,

The P4 kits are currently available via the ScaleFour Society. B7's are already for sale and I am working on an A6 at the moment, followed by 1in7 diamonds and slips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Guys,

I've tried my best to hold this off for as long as I could, but unfortunately with the rising costs of everything I've had to increase my prices. This is mainly due to the rising costs of resin, materials and bullhead rail.

Standard turnouts and diamond kits are now £29e, slips and crossovers are now £49e.

I've still tried to keep prices competitive and hope you can understand my decision :)

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

13 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

I've tried my best to hold this off for as long as I could, but unfortunately with the rising costs of everything I've had to increase my prices. This is mainly due to the rising costs of resin, materials and bullhead rail.

Standard turnouts and diamond kits are now £29e, slips and crossovers are now £49e.

I've still tried to keep prices competetive and hope you can understand my decision :)

I often wonder how some suppliers manage to maintain their prices when everything around keeps increasing, I am not saying increase your prices monthly, but its far better to manage the prices every now and then and stay in business

Its easier for large firms to control their prices as their suppliers do depend on their custom, small suppliers are far more at risk in both cost and regularity of supply

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, woodcroft said:

Hi Wayne, I see you plan to produce an A6 turnout in P4,  do you plan to produce an A6 in EM and 00 please?

The A6 was at the request of the Scale Four Society.

My plans are for a B6 in EM and 00 Gauge, at least first. An A6 possibly further down the line (no pun).

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2