Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Harlequin said:

It's just a nice photo of a beautiful steam engine.

We've had photos of 7812, 7821, 7808, 7822 today.

Can we get the full house before Accurascale make their next big announcement?

I've posted 7816 previously in this thread and somewhere I've got a photo my dad took off one on Newton Abbot shed when our train stopped there on our journey to Plymouth.  Those are the only ones I have photos of them in BR traffic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I've posted 7816 previously in this thread and somewhere I've got a photo my dad took off one on Newton Abbot shed when our train stopped there on our journey to Plymouth.  Those are the only ones I have photos of them in BR traffic.

Here's 7816 again, then:

image.png.9cb0a7483a8f0b3c9132e956171bef1e.png

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/161894-accurascales-first-steam-locomotive-gwr-collett-78xx-manor-class/?do=findComment&comment=5231943

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

7800    Torquay Manor        
7801    Anthony Manor        
7802    Bradley Manor        Got
7803    Barcote Manor        
7804    Baydon Manor        
7805    Broome Manor        
7806    Cockington Manor    
7807    Compton Manor        
7808    Cookham Manor        Got
7809    Childrey Manor        
7810    Draycott Manor        
7811    Dunley Manor        
7812    Erlestoke Manor        Got
7813    Freshford Manor    
7814    Fringford Manor    
7815    Fritwell Manor        (Parts)
7816    Frilsham Manor        Got
7817    Garsington Manor
7818    Granville Manor    
7819    Hinton Manor        Got (Distantly)
7820    Dinmore Manor    
7821    Ditcheat Manor        Got
7822    Foxcote Manor        Got
7823    Hook Norton Manor
7824    Iford Manor
7825    Lechlade Manor    
7826    Longworth Manor    
7827    Lydham Manor        Got
7828    Odney Manor            Got
7829    Ramsbury Manor    

Thanks @The Stationmaster, Thanks @adb968008!

If you've got a photo of one of the missing members of the list in steam, please post it, while we wait for news from Accurascale.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Pteremy said:

Yes. Has there ever been, in the history of the hobby, such high expectation and excitement about a model release? Makes Bazball look like a game of bowls.....

I cant wait to seethe same on 89001, at least getting 100% hit rate will be easy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

7817 Garsington Manor. The house now in the Getty Estate in The Chilterns. Once the home of the man himself.J.Paul Getty. Now hosts a very twee opera festival every summer. Sorry,off at a tangent here.But it is a lovely place to visit and has a picture postcard cricket ground. Just saying……

Nope. It’s in Garsington, in Oxfordshire. Garsington Opera is now at Getty’s old place, Wormsley Park, which is in the Chilterns. It moved there after Leonard Ingrams, its founder, died, and the house was sold.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

26 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

Yes. Has there ever been, in the history of the hobby, such high expectation and excitement about a model release? Makes Bazball look like a game of bowls.....

There large logo 37s come to mind . In terms of steam no this is the most rage for a loco I have seen . At thus point hours feels like days waiting for this to be released , but that might just be me ?

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

I remember some people getting extremely excited about the Bachmann 94XX, possibly the Model Rail/Rapido 16XX (although that latter was a serious disappointment as far as I was concerned).

Given that this is not the first model of this prototype (although it is the first for a long time), the excitement and froth is in no small measure (I believe) due to the apparent very high quality of the anticipated model.

Perhaps there have been some D&E models that have caused higher levels of excitement, but I wouldn't really know about that, because I'm the sort of person that can't tell the difference between a Mk 1 Bachmann Class 25 and later versions....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

There was a long wait, after the excellent Mainline Manor,  for the Airfix Castle; my local model shop near Epsom Station got fed up with a stream of impatient customers asking for it after it had been advertised, but not delivered. Sadly the model didn’t deliver either when I bought it!

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pteremy said:

What about the Airfix 14xx?

That also promised to be a step change in model quality.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Lord Cooper said:

There large logo 37s come to mind . In terms of steam no this is the most rage for a loco I have seen . At thus point hours feels like days waiting for this to be released , but that might just be me ?

Now they are almost here in the UK ,I can`t wait to start a new file "Accurascale's Second Steam Locomotive!´"!!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, exet1095 said:

Nope. It’s in Garsington, in Oxfordshire. Garsington Opera is now at Getty’s old place, Wormsley Park, which is in the Chilterns. It moved there after Leonard Ingrams, its founder, died, and the house was sold.

Apolod

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, exet1095 said:

Apologies & no excuses.You are correct. I had not realised that there is in fact another Garsington close to the Getty estate. But another with cultural connections though of a somewhat alternative nature . Thanks for drawing attention to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Nope. It’s in Garsington, in Oxfordshire.

Correct.  The RCTS "The Locomotives of the Great Western Railway" series is the lodestone of basic information.  In this case from Part 14 section "The Origins of Locomotive Names" page P122 "Garsington Manor Stands in a SE suburb of Oxford".  See here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garsington_Manor

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GeoffBird said:

Now they are almost here in the UK ,I can`t wait to start a new file "Accurascale's Second Steam Locomotive!´"!!!

You may be a bit late for that. They have announced a J67/68/69 'Buckjumper'. By all means start a frothfest about their 3rd though!🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

7817 Garsington Manor. The house now in the Getty Estate in The Chilterns. Once the home of the man himself.J.Paul Getty. Now hosts a very twee opera festival every summer. Sorry,off at a tangent here.But it is a lovely place to visit and has a picture postcard cricket ground. Just saying……

Fairly sure a colleague has a T-shirt from his time working at a techie at the opera at Garsington!

cheers

James

• Like 1