Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, tommyliam021 said:

Has anyone else who ordered 7802 from Key Publishing not been emailed about payment yet?

Ive heard nothing.

fyi its still in stock..

https://shop.keypublishing.com/collections/railway-modelling/products/accurascale-gwr-manor-bradley-manor-limited-edition-pre-order

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

I’ve not heard anything from them either at present. Tried calling last week but could not get through.

I received an email from Key Publishing last Thursday (27th July).  Paid up and ordered confirmed immediately.  I'd keep trying.  Their email address is shop@keypublishing.com if you haven't already tried this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GWJ said:

I received an email from Key Publishing last Thursday (27th July).  Paid up and ordered confirmed immediately.  I'd keep trying.  Their email address is shop@keypublishing.com if you haven't already tried this.

Thank you GWJ, will do. Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, tommyliam021 said:

Has anyone else who ordered 7802 from Key Publishing not been emailed about payment yet?

I’ve heard nothing either, not since the 11th October 2021 when I preordered it. I’ve had the DCC ready version, not sure if they are contacting sound folk first or something like that? 

No first hand experience of Manors for me sadly apart from in preservation, but plenty of handed down memories of them and most other GW locos from my other half's late father who joined the GWR as a booking lad in one of the 'boxes at Slough in 1946 and stayed there till he left to do his national service in 1951. He remembered a few Manors passing through in that period, he said them being relatively rare in the London Division was what made them so memorable. He recalled 7816 on a very long parcels train crawling through Slough on the up relief one morning, then returning light engine along the down relief with a 28xx in tow a few hours later. He loved all the 4-6-0s but had a soft spot for the Manors and Granges. He often said the Halls were a ten a penny!

Another shot of 7820 on the Glos & Warks...

IMG_7360.JPG.fb2b28d7aa44bc83af5e749472ad44d7.JPG

• Like 7

The family went on holiday to North Wales in the summer of 1953.  We went by train from Paddington to Harlech, surely the Cambrian Coast Express so probably a Manor; came home the same route a fortnight later.  Sad to say, at the age of 5, all I remember was that it was a steam train, probably slept a lot of the journey!

• RMweb Gold

Whilst waiting ‘patiently ‘ for Bradley Manor to arrive I have been trying to remember seeing the real things. Most of my western region spotting was done when on holiday at Barry, with the odd trip from there to Cardiff or occasionally Bristol. Not counting the locos in Woodham’s, I saw 9 others but sadly I can’t recall where. Perhaps the odd one came on a special but all my records have long since gone, only the ABC remains. My memory of Bradley is from seeing it alongside Barry goods shed awaiting its fate, I posted a photo much earlier in this thread.

Brian

12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Cheers mate , just put an order though for it . I did have cookham manor in my sight but Bradley manor looks better and has a riveted tender . It's now secured . Got a dcc sound decoder for it though accurascale too.👍👍👍

16 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Odd isn’t it that we’re getting “thirty-somethings” showing their bus passes prematurely ? Top trumps then….and a roll call of any members who rode behind a Manor while they were in service with GWR/BR ( WR )  rather than on a heritage line ? Age no barrier btw….I’ve already “gone first “  . 😇 

See the pic of 7812 above on a Shrewsbury-Crewe in 1965  I was 16!

Now, having ordered 7800 as being in BR condition (the only one I could find available), is there anything that prevents a renumber to 7812?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

See the pic of 7812 above on a Shrewsbury-Crewe in 1965  I was 16!

Now, having ordered 7800 as being in BR condition (the only one I could find available), is there anything that prevents a renumber to 7812?

The tender is not prototypical to 7812 as per 1965. The actual A/S model of 7812 is prototypical to 1965

• Thanks 1

Whilst I am old enough to have ridden behind a Manor in BR service, living on the Southern Waterloo- Weymouth line as I did I don't recall having done so.  But I certainly recall seeing them as they regularly turned up on the SR.  Somewhere I have a snap taken on my juvenile Brownie camera of 7818 Granville Manor on shed at Eastleigh around 1964 whilst Frilsham Manor with the 'GWR' tender came though Winchester several times.  I also saw Cookham Manor arrive at Taplow on a special from Birmingham at an early GWS open day at Taplow around 1966.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1