Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Rugd1022 said:

Photographic proof required, or else...!

Must say 7812 looks stonkingly fabulous in Suzy Sulzer's photo above 😉

It certainly is. And sorry,it’s just my word you’ll have to accept .It’s when you get close up to this model you begin to realise just how good it is and no photo is going to give you that. I’m  particularly impressed by the front end and “face” .The tiny rivet detail is one example. I like the way the tender coupling is designed with IMHO a sensible workable space which convinces in operation. The wheels and valve gear are suitably toned down,avoiding the glaring steel-bright appearance that afflicts some models

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The wheels and valve gear are suitably toned down,avoiding the glaring steel-bright appearance that afflicts some models

I like the thicker section that these have compared to some models, which are just stamped from thinish sheet metal.

Biggest problem I have found is getting a non-sound Next18 decoder.

I thought I had a Zimo in stock but it was just a blanking plug when I fished it out this morning☹️

Looks like Modelbahn Lippe as UK stores seem extremely depleted of 'better' brands like ESU, Lenz & Zimo.

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I like the thicker section that these have compared to some models, which are just stamped from thinish sheet metal.

I thought I had a Zimo in stock but it was just a blanking plug when I fished it out this morning☹️

Looks like Modelbahn Lippe as UK stores seem extremely depleted of 'better' brands like ESU, Lenz & Zimo.

YouChoos have some nice new Zimo MN180N18's in stock (at time of writing).

I just about had the presence of mind to order some a few days ago when I found out the Manors were coming. It's a race to see which gets here first!

ETA for my Manors: 1800 to 1900 hours this evening... I think I'm at the end of the driver's round, which means that, for me, delivery today is hanging by a thread.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Friendly/supportive 3

31 minutes ago, melmerby said:

https://www.accurascale.com/products/gwr-manor-lokpilot-dcc-decoder?_pos=2&_sid=e21b34c7b&_ss=r

expected delivery May this year! 😄

I'm sure it will come in due course.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sounds good to me as my loco's still to come too :)

Perhaps they will save postage and send both together.

If you drop support a mail or chat with both order numbers they can certainly merge them for you. 

Edited by McC

Afternoon folks,

Happy to join the bandwagon as my 7812 has just arrived 😊

Ordered on 21st December 2021 as a post-operation cheer up.

Took a few minutes to actually get the lid off the box, almost a vacuum seal.

Loco is fantastic and arrived whilst SWMBO is in York for the day.

Looking forward giving it a test run later today, with my Siphon G as a trailing load.

Can 't wait for my WR Type 3 to arrive next year now, congratulations to all at Accurascale for this!

Best regards,

Nigel.

• Like 6

My first Manor has arrived. It’s a little surreal to be honest. Erlestoke Manor is absolutely wonderful and looks just like the real thing in miniature. Words cannot express simply how thrilled I am. Thank you Accurascale; they were indeed worth the wait.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

7800 arrived this afternoon and wow!

The detail and the colour / finish is superb.

Apologies about the reflections on the camera lens.

DSC07920.JPG.c83081145285b5cdfba6934fc18cf6b6.JPG

DSC07921.JPG.1e16bec24e71c238a80edee3a58af52f.JPG

DSC07919.JPG.1d347749d8b6e2299e3edbbc58123f6e.JPG

Not my region for modelling, but couldn't resist. Well done Accurascale.

The sound project is fine. I guess there is a limit on the size of speaker possible with such a low profile tender.

I expected to hear some brake squeel on stopping, especially when using F2 braking. Perhaps GWR drivers are too good to have this effect! Also expected a fade out when switch off F1 sound, but it is rather abrupt. Very minor points re a model which is terrific.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

The sound project is fine. I guess there is a limit on the size of speaker possible with such a low profile tender.

I expected to hear some brake squeel on stopping, especially when using F2 braking. Perhaps GWR drivers are too good to have this effect! Also expected a fade out when switch off F1 sound, but it is rather abrupt.

Squeal is deceleration specific so perhaps some harder braking needed?

Fade out is on F20

Hope that helps! 

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully it doesn't rain between now and tomorrow evening. DHL claim parcel handed to resident, video says otherwise as it was dumped next to the bins. Depending if anyone spots a box sitting in the front garden and takes a shine to it I may or may not have Anthony Manor waiting when I get home. 🙄

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, 37Junkie22 said:

Did anyone else arrive without the plastic sleeve on there box? 

2 minutes ago, 37Junkie22 said:

Did anyone else arrive without the plastic sleeve on there box? 

Never wear them .But yes mine came sans sleeve too . Of what particular use it is I cannot say. 

Apologies for being a pain in the wotsit, but the perimeter beading on top of the tender fender (and, apparently *, the cabside cutout beading) should be black for GWR days. Not sure what was followed in BR(W) days (that nice Mr Rathbone @Ian Rathbone might know) - any views and evidence would be welcome.

The preservationists do all sorts of things of course.

* I'm not convinced about the cabside cutout beading colour

Edited by Miss Prism
caveat on cabside cutout beading

The nice DHL man delivered my 7812 an hour ago and what an absolutely beauty my first Accurascale loco is.  Very impressed apart from one little thing.  The "GWR" handbook in the box has been "misprinted" with the pages either sliced off at the top and bottom at a slight angle. Or else printed incorrectly. Not run it yet but as I would expect from Accurascale no bits in the box.

Thanks for a quality product

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Covkid said:

The nice DHL man delivered my 7812 an hour ago and what an absolutely beauty my first Accurascale loco is.  Very impressed apart from one little thing.  The "GWR" handbook in the box has been "misprinted" with the pages either sliced off at the top and bottom at a slight angle. Or else printed incorrectly. Not run it yet but as I would expect from Accurascale no bits in the box.

Thanks for a quality product

If the paperwork doesn’t look like this do please drop us a note and we’ll send a replacement. 

IMG_5612.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Many happy returns.

A positively gleaming 7812 seen, about to take a drink at Bishops Lydeard yesterday, which was a bit of a scorcher and a "cake day" at the TMRG clubroom. 

By all accounts, you may need to bring a brolly on Saturday!

John

WSR 2023.08.09_091er.jpg

Yes sounds bad this Saturday! 

But I have to wait another week until 19th for my personal birthday Manor fest…. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, McC said:

If the paperwork doesn’t look like this do please drop us a note and we’ll send a replacement. 

IMG_5612.jpeg

Mine is the same as that yes.

But are the top and bottom edges of the pages supposed to parallel the printed lines on the pages ? If so then fine, and maybe it is just me, and maybe I have OCD.    

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Mine is the same as that yes.

But are the top and bottom edges of the pages supposed to parallel the printed lines on the pages ? If so then fine, and maybe it is just me, and maybe I have OCD.    

All part of the retro look!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Squeal is deceleration specific so perhaps some harder braking needed?

Fade out is on F20

Hope that helps! 

I have hit the brakes hard from half full speed. No brake squeal. A bit of squeal often occurs even when shunting at low speed. The 'air' sound is present but not brakes on wheels.

Fade out on F20 works fine but most sound projects do the same when F1 is turned off. F20 on, F1 off and F20 off seems a bit complex. Perhaps the Lok programmer needs to come out.

• Like 1