Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

No amount of good track laying or wiring practice keeps the sound going when my locos are turned 180 degrees on my Heljan turntable. Only a stay alive sustains it through the polarity change “ dead” spot. I spend a lot of time turning locos….. one of life’s little joys! 😃

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, JST said:

No amount of good track laying or wiring practice keeps the sound going when my locos are turned 180 degrees on my Heljan turntable. Only a stay alive sustains it through the polarity change “ dead” spot. I spend a lot of time turning locos….. one of life’s little joys! 😃

Ah but, on a DCC layout you don't need a hardware polarity change with a dead spot. You can use an Auto-reverser to instantly change the polarity when the loco touches or leaves the deck.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

An apology would have been nice, but I today recieved a blunt email about my Bradley Manor..

Good morning,

We sent you an email last week to advise that unfortunately, we are unable to fulfil your order for Bradley Manor. We have processed a full refund and will be in touch later this week with a £25 voucher and a years free subscription to Key Model World

Kind regards

George

To square the hole… last weeks email was an automated email..

35964B7C-FE9C-4772-B3E2-23B6AFB07EA8.jpeg.31c13fcd604a155527a1fd44f726e0c3.jpeg

just got to find where the deposit money went now as thats absent from the above..

if it werent for rmweb i’d be getting suspicious rather than feeling like i’m dealing with mcdonalds.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 18/08/2023 at 19:41, zr2498 said:

The master volume change is on CV63. The factory setting for CV63 on my sound Torquay Manor is 192, that is, already set at maximum.

Thank you for confirming, my CV63 is set the same. I did wonder what the max value was for CV 63.  Looks like I'll have to modify mine for louder sound, as per @Harlequin 's inspirational post. I've been used to their diesel class 37's sound, which I know has much more space to fit a large speaker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

What are the folk who got the DCC ready version using with regards to decoders? As its not got a load of lights im assuming any decent decoder will be fine?

Have used Zimo MN180 Next18 decoder. Can get firebox glow with it (switchable). I like Zimo because of the motor control. Runs a treat with it installed. I guess there are others you can use though.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

41 minutes ago, Jon Harbour said:

Mine just went there! I got the "Order processed" e-mail a couple of minutes ago! 😁

I spoke too soon! Mine is now on it's way to me now. €12 for 3 day delivery to France strikes me as very reasonable. Roll on Thursday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free At Last said:

When I posted that link they had over 10 in stock of all but four locos, sound and non sound. I thought it was strange as when I looked earlier in the morning they had none.  I went straight away, got there and they had just closed for dinner, when they reopened they had none. 30 mile wasted trip, I should have reserved one first. 😒

Edited by Free At Last
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

When I posted that link they had over 10 in stock of all but four locos, sound and non sound. I thought it was strange as when I looked earlier in the morning they had none.  I went straight away, got there and they had just closed for dinner, when they reopened they had none. 30 mile wasted trip, I should have reserved one first. 😒

A few still available on Rails site. Hope you can get one?

https://railsofsheffield.com/search?tags_brand_td93xydblb7cxukrqni65zsz=Accurascale&q=manor

And plenty of dcc ready at kernow

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/search_suggest

Edited by zr2498

12 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Is the box supposed to come without the outer plastic sleeve?

Mine arrived sleeveless and with a large knock on one edge of the lid. Not had a chance to inspect the contents yet...

Mne did not have a plastic sleeve around the outer box.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 18/08/2023 at 18:46, Harlequin said:

Works very well on mine. (DCC, of course.)

All of the pickups from loco and tender are wired together on the PCB in the tender if your Manor is manufactured correctly / the same as mine. So you should get stay alive even if the tender pickups are not working consistently.

The pickups in the tender do their job very well. I had mine on a rolling road at the weekend. We found if you lifted the tender off the track*, the motor actually slowed down until you lowered the tender back on whence it sped up again.!

* the RR was one where there are 6 rollers for the engine and the tenders sits on a bit of track.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Received my 7812 today from Rails of Sheffield. 

I am currently running it back and forth along a short section of track (layout under construction). 

I am absolutely blown away by this model. I am lucky that mine has arrived fully in tact and runs beautifully. The sound is really excellent and I love the sound of the breaks when the loco comes to a stop. Sounds just like the real thing!

I am just dreading the day when I need to give it a service as I am frightened of causing any damage taking it apart. 

Has anyone attempted to take the body off yet?

Well done Accurascale! Thank you for producing such a stunning model. 

Now even more excited to get my 7820!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Trainsandtravel said:

Received my 7812 today from Rails of Sheffield. 

I am currently running it back and forth along a short section of track (layout under construction). 

I am absolutely blown away by this model. I am lucky that mine has arrived fully in tact and runs beautifully. The sound is really excellent and I love the sound of the breaks when the loco comes to a stop. Sounds just like the real thing!

I am just dreading the day when I need to give it a service as I am frightened of causing any damage taking it apart. 

Has anyone attempted to take the body off yet?

Well done Accurascale! Thank you for producing such a stunning model. 

Now even more excited to get my 7820!

Good point about the brakes. No brake squeal (as designed), but there is the binding of the brakes as it comes to a halt if you listen carefully.

Edited by zr2498