Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

2 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Disapointed not to recieve 25 324 as of yet, at least i have 17 SLW class 24's to keep me occupied, i'm sure it will arrive very soon, I'm just a very impatient  person ☹️

17! I thought I had a problem owning 7 of them with 4 more + 3 x 25s on order!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

17! I thought I had a problem owning 7 of them with 4 more + 3 x 25s on order!

You can never have enough SLW 24's, the best RTR model that has ever been produced, they are second to to none.

Edited by Brian Hawkins
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

On 19/11/2023 at 13:16, Mark Forrest said:

I ordered mine online and received an invoice (from the sales_at_railexclusive.com email address).  No money taken at the time or since.  At the recent Crewe event I provided them with new card details since the card I'd originally planned to play with had expired.

Looking forward to getting my 25324 when it's ready.

That certainly was a good bit of PR that event . A first time to my knowledge a RTR manufacture has held an event devoted ta a particular loco.

& no mine hasn't arrived 

But the floods have gone & the delivery van can get through. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Disapointed not to recieve 25 324 as of yet, at least i have 17 SLW class 24's to keep me occupied, i'm sure it will arrive very soon, I'm just a very impatient  person ☹️

17 Class 24's ? 

I haven't enough room to store 17 of their biscuit tins !

Could be worse though , If Accurascale made them , I would need to buy a bigger house !

• Funny 6

I believe i owe Phil Sutton a massive apology for my recent post on here, i recieved the Christmas news letter which stated that the class 25's would start to be released at the the start of January and payment was taken on 5th January, so, i was lead to believe that my 25 was a matter of a few days away.

However this was not the case and poor Phil was inundated with a lot of phone call enquries 😔 so i am so sorry for saying 2 + 2 = 528 !

I have decided that from now on i am going to keep my big mouth shut.

Sorry for my misunderstanding to everyone on here.

Edited by Brian Hawkins
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
On 13/01/2024 at 12:26, Brian Hawkins said:

I believe i owe Phil Sutton a massive apology for my recent post on here, i recieved the Christmas news letter which stated that the class 25's would start to be released at the the start of January and payment was taken on 5th January, so, i was lead to believe that my 25 was a matter of a few days away.

However this was not the case and poor Phil was inundated with a lot of phone call enquries 😔 so i am so sorry for saying 2 + 2 = 528 !

I have decided that from now on i am going to keep my big mouth shut.

Sorry for my misunderstanding to everyone on here.

Just remember, the man that never made a mistake never made anything…

We all make mistakes, and that is actually what keeps me in work and funds this hobby!

Roy

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Yes, they’ll arrive when they arrive and it will be worth the wait, just like the Accurascale preorders. One will have to fill the time with a little modelling!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Though I understand that they're a small 2 or 3 man firm, it is a bit frustrating that they've had the models for four weeks and still not despatched any. Don't they want my money? 

I understand they are a small 2 person firm.....and the 4 weeks you quote did include the Christmas break...and they are not just wrapping up locos.....

"We’ve been very busy since we’ve been back from Christmas due to correspondence about customers orders, updating card details etc."

Chris

If people moan it will just encourage the manufacturers to be less transparent with us - they don’t have to tell us things are in shipping / have arrived etc- we can just be kept in dark until they arrive at our homes. I know which I prefer.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

If people moan it will just encourage the manufacturers to be less transparent with us - they don’t have to tell us things are in shipping / have arrived etc- we can just be kept in dark until they arrive at our homes. I know which I prefer.

I'm a big fan of slw, but be less transparent? They don't overload you with progress reports do they?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Are you aware of what QC is being done? Are they all being tested before despatch. SLW products are great, but I wonder if there is an issue with them which has to be resolved.

No I’m not but it wouldn’t surprise me. Based on past performance let’s give them the benefit of the doubt for now why don’t we…

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I'm a big fan of slw, but be less transparent? They don't overload you with progress reports do they?

Do they need to?

What difference would it make to your life?

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

28 minutes ago, NBL said:

Do they need to?

What difference would it make to your life?

It wouldn't harm if they took a leaf out of the accurascale book of how to run a model railway company.  

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

It wouldn't harm if they took a leaf out of the accurascale book of how to run a model railway company.  

Accurascale are a lot bigger and have never been as small as SLW. Your 25s, and mine, will arrive when they arrive. If they spend time on here, that will be even later… 

Roy

• Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

8 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

And it wouldn't harm you to just be patient and enjoy the locos when they arrive.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Really - how may Class 24s were reported as sent back or criticised on forums?

Chris

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1