Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

16 hours ago, ChrisMitchell said:

The most important point when looking to remove the body is to attach it to the plinth using the screws. Then  ease the clips  just inboard of the rear wheelsets (it helps to insert small strips of plasticard). The body should then be able to be carefully pulled away.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Well I tried it this morning and removed the body with out a problem did had you said with 4 small plastic scrapers just behind the rear wheel sets on both bogies then moved them a little near the tanks.

I reinserted the mounting screws in to the chassis and then slide the body off I didn't put it back on the plinth as the scrapers are to long but could cut them down.

The thing I noticed in side the wires are quite short that are used for the cab and domino lighting so will have to remember for when I DCC fit my chip.

I have gone for a Lez sliver plus 22 chip just waiting on rails now for that.

Thanks

Marcus

I received a call from Suttons/Rail Exclusive this morning. They were processing my order for a green 25 dc ready. They asked for my new credit card details, despite me updating this before Christmas. I gave them again and was advised I would get Royal Mail tracking details in a few days. So even if you updated your cc details, you may get a call like I did.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, ChrisMitchell said:

Hi Folks

I was chatting to Phil Sutton last night on other matters and I asked him how it was going with the Class 25s….this is what he told me :

“They are only sending out the first two models (D7599 in Green and 25324 in Blue) at this stage.

People only need to contact them directly if they have changed delivery address or telephone number/e-mail. They will get in touch with customers if they need anything else, usually to update payment card details. 

Bear in mind SLW is only a small company open four days a week (Tuesday to Friday) and are working through a massive number of orders. It will take a good few weeks to get through them all, so some patience will be needed. Payment having been taken indicates things are progressing and Royal Mail will send a tracking info e-mail when out for delivery (tracked and signed for). Ringing ad hoc will only slow things down.”

I hope that helps set everyone’s mind rest.  I also have models on order so patience is needed.  From what I saw of the pre-production models whilst operating Mostyn at the Spalding show last year, they will be worth the wait

regards, Chris

So basically what I posted two weeks ago from Jennie…….. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 05/02/2024 at 11:18, Gary H said:

Just wondering,  how many folk are still waiting on their 25's ?

Put it this way, I am and Jennie emailed me some weeks ago and said “ I can see that you have made payment for your first pre-order with us and that yours is one of the oldest orders so you will be amongst the first in the queue”.  In others words, some serious patience is going to be needed by people, for reasons explained multiple times on here already.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

It seems to me that they are sending out non sound ones first ?I must have ordered mine near the day they were announced  it is what it is understand  there’s the small team & lots to get through!

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

multiple times on here already.

Yes! Every. Single. Day. Time to "Ignore this topic" methinks, and come back in a couple of months when the ETHELS might start coming in. 

Edited by Daddyman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Then, one day there might be a surprise. That is, if my order which is not showing on my account, is fullfilled.

If you had an email confirmation when you placed your order, I would have no doubt you will get your order.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

If you had an email confirmation when you placed your order, I would have no doubt you will get your order.

Roy

That - and because I'm waiting on a different model from the one they currently dealing with - is why I'm not badgering them with emails.  It will come when it's ready.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Anyone got a sound fitted version? Is it the same sound file as the 24?

According to the launch flyer the Class 25 will be "using new and exclusive recordings, takes a
further leap by pioneering the latest true 16-bit resolution digital
technology resulting in incredible, crystal-clear CD quality sound".

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, mkrob said:

According to the launch flyer the Class 25 will be "using new and exclusive recordings, takes a
further leap by pioneering the latest true 16-bit resolution digital
technology resulting in incredible, crystal-clear CD quality sound".

Translated from marketing speak: It'll be a new project on an MS decoder instead of MX.

I had a call from SLW to update my card details and check posting address, later got an email with a Royal Mail tracking link attached. 

Looking forward to receiving 25324, it has been a long time coming but I know it will be worthwhile. 

I'll upload some photos over the weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

I had a call from SLW to update my card details and check posting address, later got an email with a Royal Mail tracking link attached. 

Looking forward to receiving 25324, it has been a long time coming but I know it will be worthwhile. 

I'll upload some photos over the weekend. 

Is it the sound version that you've ordered ?

T-T

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

doubt anyone has had the sound chipped version yet

I am hoping there’s no problem with the sound versions?Its been along time coming just getting paranoid I guess!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3