Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

Hi all, got mine this week looks amazing has anybody DCC fitted there own decoders yet as there are no instructions on how to fit a decoder or which decoder to buy ?

I don't want to start man handling it before I know where and how to remove the body.

Thanks

Marcus

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, marcusd666 said:

Hi all, got mine this week looks amazing has anybody DCC fitted there own decoders yet as there are no instructions on how to fit a decoder or which decoder to buy ?

I don't want to start man handling it before I know where and how to remove the body.

Thanks

Marcus

If the new models are anything like the 24's , the bodyshells will be quite a tight fit to the chassis .

Its been suggested that a good way to remove the bodyshell is to reattach the loco to its plinth after having first removed  any bodyshell securing screws .

This helps avoid handling  damage to bogie frames / tanks when trying to separate the two .

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

I am but I can't remember what I ordered - and I am too frightened to ring up because I'm skint and need to wait for pay day!

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That Sutton geezer has done it again, sent me a biscuit tin with NO biscuits in it. It did contain a toy train which is quite nice, well better than just nice. It also runs very well.

Off to buy some biscuits to fill the tin up.

That'll be a lot of biscuits then!

Kev.

Edited by SHMD
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, richard_t said:

Me too - pre-ordered in March 2021 and updated my CC details in October last year via their website.

Seems a good few of us then!! Patience is the name of the game it seems.👍

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, richard_t said:

Me too - pre-ordered in March 2021 and updated my CC details in October last year via their website.

17 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Seems a good few of us then!! Patience is the name of the game it seems.👍

Me too in March 2021 and I updated my CC details before Christmas.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Me too in March 2021 and I updated my CC details before Christmas.

like wise, 25 324 ordered March 2021, perhaps the DCC sound version has not arrived yet as no new videos out there as yet that i could find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davidjsmith said:

I ordered mine day of launch paid up along time ago!Hope they are not sending out by surname in alphabetic order!As my surname starts with S!

In which case mine will be after yours: T!

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Chilly said:

Arrived this morning hence the big 😀

Was it a sound fitted version?Seems to be a concern there’s no sound one’s been dispatched?I am sure we are all on the last bit of a long wait & it’s the most frustrating bit!!

8 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

Was it a sound fitted version?Seems to be a concern there’s no sound one’s been dispatched?I am sure we are all on the last bit of a long wait & it’s the most frustrating bit!!

They'll be here when they're here ... no-ones life is depending on them. I ordered sound, but haven't heard anything yet

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

If the new models are anything like the 24's , the bodyshells will be quite a tight fit to the chassis .

Its been suggested that a good way to remove the bodyshell is to reattach the loco to its plinth after having first removed  any bodyshell securing screws .

This helps avoid handling  damage to bogie frames / tanks when trying to separate the two .

Cheers for the advice just want check there are 2 screws at either end behind the buffer beam I have undone 2 to remove the snowplough to attach the nem socket. Silly question time are these holding the body to the chassis?

Cheers

Marcus

8 minutes ago, marcusd666 said:

Cheers for the advice just want check there are 2 screws at either end behind the buffer beam I have undone 2 to remove the snowplough to attach the nem socket. Silly question time are these holding the body to the chassis?

Cheers

Marcus

If the 24s are anything to go by then there are no screws holding the body to the chassis , there are 4 clips holding it on roughly by the rear wheelsets on each bogie , unclip those and it pulls away

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Davidjsmith said:

I ordered mine day of launch paid up along time ago!Hope they are not sending out by surname in alphabetic order!As my surname starts with S!

Me too...and mine starts with a C!!

The most important point when looking to remove the body is to attach it to the plinth using the screws. Then  ease the clips  just inboard of the rear wheelsets (it helps to insert small strips of plasticard). The body should then be able to be carefully pulled away.

Chris

Edited by ChrisMitchell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2