Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, PJ10 said:

Thanks for posting the photos Gents,

Any news on when they will be available other than "later this year" mentioned in the post from Davidjsmith

PJ10

I spoke to Phil. That seems like the best info. They can't get the chips...in common with car makers etc...

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2022 at 04:36, Alan Oliver said:

Are they waiting for the chips before production can start?

Fitting the DCC would be an integral part of the build and assembly process so if the parts are not available then it makes sense that the production has been affected. I work in the electronics industry and there are massive delays on components, connectors, wire.. everything. We have SMT components that have had delivery dates pushed out to 2024 (yes). In some cases you can buy them on the market through resellers but at massively inflated prices which will affect the viability of a product. It is  a massive issue and not going away soon sadly.

Regards,

Craig w

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Lord Flashheart said:

No available just yet but we're very grateful to Phill for the loan of 25324 on Boston Frodsham at this weekends Scalefourm show.

That rad. grill and what's behind it looks rather splendid.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Stretch37266 said:

042 appeared to be complete,apart from the glazing.

cue investigation about 25042!!

... was that one with the earlier body style with bodyside grilles and small middle cab window? All the others announced so far had been the later body style with cantrail grilles

15 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

Yes it was last Vacuum Braked 25 in service earlier body shape.Phillip has hinted before & there was a sample body shown before.No formal  announcement  as yet! 

I'd be amazed if he didn't have plans to cover all the Class 25 bodyshell variations sooner or later

54 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I need to get some research done now see which Scottish ones this can be renumbered as 

I’m eagerly awaiting an announcement on these earlier examples. I’ll see what numbers will be available and keeping my fingers crossed for at least one Eastfield example. Preferably 228 which I renumbered from the Hornby model back in the day. I had no idea about detail differences when I was around 12 years old but I would love to have a perfect version of it to run on my current Mallaig layout.

🤞

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, mallaig1983 said:

I’m eagerly awaiting an announcement on these earlier examples. I’ll see what numbers will be available and keeping my fingers crossed for at least one Eastfield example. Preferably 228 which I renumbered from the Hornby model back in the day. I had no idea about detail differences when I was around 12 years old but I would love to have a perfect version of it to run on my current Mallaig layout.

🤞

I can spot your first problem there , 25228 was Dual Braked whereas this model of 25042 is of the last Vacuum Braked one , as far as I'm aware SLW don't have any plans to do a dual brake one currently so if you want to model 228 you may have to plump for one of the retooled Bachmann ones until SLW do the correct one

Edited by sulzer71
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I can spot your first problem there , 25228 was Dual Braked whereas this model of 25042 is of the last Vacuum Braked one , if you want to model 228 you may have to plump for one of the retooled Bachmann ones until SLW do the correct one

Thanks for the info Sulzer71. You seem to know your stuff.  I’m happy to wait for the SLW versions. My layout is currently a work in progress and I’m still building up my 1983 fleet. Some 27s are in storage for backdating to 79/80 but I’m in no rush. Happy to wait and see what SLW release and go from there.

Thanks 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mallaig1983 said:

Thanks for the info Sulzer71. You seem to know your stuff.  I’m happy to wait for the SLW versions. My layout is currently a work in progress and I’m still building up my 1983 fleet. Some 27s are in storage for backdating to 79/80 but I’m in no rush. Happy to wait and see what SLW release and go from there.

Thanks 👍

No worries , I spend quite a bit of time studying Type 2s for detail differences , at present I have no layout but had planned to model the Kyle line , which would have been either Garve or Achnasheen but I may be changing my plans yet again lol , I would like to come up with a location where I could run locos/stock that would be seen on the Kyle Line/Far North and West Highland but for now I am just building a fleet up , with the exception of the SLW locos I currently own everything is getting modified/repainted/renumbered etc   

Edited by sulzer71
  • Like 3