Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

4 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

I would imagine when they are listed to buy there will be a number of  Variants on offer including duel brake Loco.s with hinged vents!

I would like to think there will but from conversations I've had with Phil there doesn't seem to be anything in the pipeline at the moment but he's known for keeping quiet !

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't help but feel a tad disappointed TBH .

this model was initially promised for Autumn 2021 , then much later in the 2022 , then Christmas and now it could be  either side of the new year . 

Anyone confident of even that ? 

I know that we are still recovering from the pandemic and all its continuing negative effects but its not a barrier to keeping customers or people attempting to be customers from being informed as to what's going on .

Other manufacturers do it very well .

We can only hope that the model is better than SLW-s communication skills .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I know they are a small company & the firm they use has been hit hard by restrictions (if i read it correct).I too am champing at the bit for My 25’s (& 24/1 too).I guess Phil will give a short update with his Christmas message?I think they are frustrated as we are .Understand when we don’t here any news & if gets us frustrated but if theres no movement in China what can they do?

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Davidjsmith said:

I know they are a small company & the firm they use has been hit hard by restrictions (if i read it correct).I too am champing at the bit for My 25’s (& 24/1 too).I guess Phil will give a short update with his Christmas message?I think they are frustrated as we are .Understand when we don’t here any news & if gets us frustrated but if theres no movement in China what can they do?

Appreciate that they can't move mountains in terms of  speeding up production .

I just wish we had more than just a wall of silence .

Nobody is going to shoot the messenger if he brings bad news but I would like to hear from him all the same 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received an e-mail today from SLW with a progress update.

'Class 25 expected soon

Cutting to the chase… As we have said before, our deliveries have been delayed due to difficulties in obtaining certain materials and components as well as changed working routines. We are more disadvantaged than others because our small-scale manufacturing operation is less flexible. However, the positive news is that the first Class 25s are nearing completion and we are hopeful that shipping from our Far East factory will take place before Chinese New Year, towards the end of January. More specific details will be given when our logistics slot into place next year. Thank you for your patience – we are as eager to see the results of our labours as you are!

All the DCC decoders required have been secured - despite global shortages of micro-processors - whilst also fine-tuning our sound project to make maximum use of the high-quality audio available from the new generation sound chips that have been specified. We are confident the Class 25 sounds will be even better than the Class 24 which is currently regarded as the best sound-fitted loco ever produced.'

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2

• 2 months later...